Couples spot?
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Couples spot? Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Couples spot?

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Should we bring the Couples' Spot back?

Couples spot? Bar_left65%Couples spot? Bar_right 65% 
[ 11 ]
Couples spot? Bar_left18%Couples spot? Bar_right 18% 
[ 3 ]
Couples spot? Bar_left17%Couples spot? Bar_right 17% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 17

Couples spot? Empty Couples spot?

Post by Jess Potter Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:43 am

I know Darren says no, but when's that ever stopped me? I mean, it's me... it's almost my job to be the thorn in his side.

Anyway, what i wanted to ask is whether or not you guys wanted us to bring the couples' spot back, the place for couples to go on dates, be.... generally disgusting, and to be all lovey dovey to each other, but that bit falls under the disgusting stuff.

Despite Darren's claims, i don't think that this'll lead to "Spur of the moment relationships" or ones that break up, no more than usual anyway.

I don't do this to try and discourage having relationships out of the couples spot, but more so that you have a place to go on dates and what not, if that's what you want.

Anyway, vote! Give reasons if you like, i don't really mind.

So, this weekend i'll count up the votes and act, or not, upon them.

Jess
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Couples spot? Empty Re: Couples spot?

Post by Lucas Montez Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:02 am

YES YES YES YES BRING IT BACK! YES YES YES YES YES BRING IT BACK! XD In case you haven't noticed, I am all in for Couples Spot.
Lucas Montez
Lucas Montez

Number of posts : 412

Back to top Go down

Post by Samuel Grigori Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:35 am

So, i'll put you down as a no huh, not a worry.
Samuel Grigori
Samuel Grigori

Number of posts : 318

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally Ruby Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:34 pm

i vote purple monkey dishwasher haha its cool bring it back if you want i dont mind
Sally Ruby
Sally Ruby

Number of posts : 406

Back to top Go down

Post by Albus Severus Potter Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:48 pm

Wow Jess.. wow.

The couples spot is something we had way back, and though it was popular, it was retarded, and it doesn't make sense. Think about it, all the roleplay forums are places mentioned in the books. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm quite sure there was never a place mentioned in the books where Hogwarts students go and make love. Besides, theres about a hundred other forums where couples can post. Therefore, it makes no sense to have the couples spot.

But feel free to vote anyway.
Albus Severus Potter
Albus Severus Potter

Number of posts : 754

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:24 pm

Well, the tea shop was a canon place, and it seems to meet those criterii

'sides, it's just a bit of fun, it's not hurting anyone, tis a hidden forum remember, also, in the hundreds of other places
1) Everyone can your lovey dovey crap
2) It can spill into open topics, and tis impossible for other people to join them if this happens

Anyway, if you're completely and utterly against it, and hate everything to do with it, you and i can talk about it.

Jess
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Post by Vito Dee Symons Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:03 pm

I agree with Darren on this one; I've seen this idea put into action on other sites before & disagreed with it then as well, simply because it makes the site appear to be more about roleplaying out the relationships of hormonal teenagers than actually looking at the site as a whole with the Harry Potter element, and then the relationships added in- I'm not against change, if it's change that will do us good.
Vito Dee Symons
Vito Dee Symons

Number of posts : 797

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:39 am

I didn't mind it when we had it before really. It makes no difference now though. However I don't doubt even if the majority is yes Darren's going to delete it right away anyway. Besides, it's really...well not a terrible idea but I voted whatever.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally Ruby Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:11 am

Adam has a point, Darren will most likely come back behind you Jess and delete it even if a bunch of people do want it.
Sally Ruby
Sally Ruby

Number of posts : 406

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucy Weasley Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:59 am

Personally, I dislike seeing admin disagreements brought to my attention like this. It makes it look like members of the admin team are more preoccupied with getting one up on each other than they are about running the board to the best of their ability.

It could easily have been avoided simply by not bringing up that there was a disagreement among the staff and they could have found out what the members opinions were without there being any sense of us taking sides.

Now, I have voted in the poll, but I'm not going to give any more information about my vote because I feel like I've been set up so that if I explain my reasoning it will be interpreted as siding with one of you over the other.

I'm not siding with either of you. I think you're both behaving like children.

Lucy Weasley
Lucy Weasley
Seventh Year Hufflepuff
Seventh Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 159

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top