Magical Creatures BASIC lesson 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Magical Creatures BASIC lesson 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Magical Creatures BASIC lesson 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Magical Creatures BASIC lesson 2 Empty Magical Creatures BASIC lesson 2

Post by Caelani Bittel Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:52 am

Calli stood outside the remains of Hagrid's old house and tapped her wellington-clad feet impatiently. Animals were not her friends, so this chore was going to be even less fun than usual for those students who had the misfortune to be taking it on.

In dribs and drabs, the class began to form in front of her and what a sorry lot they were, too. If she was being generous, she supposed it could be because the teachers of this school were... She had been thinking pure evil, but on reflection, most of them were just inept.

"All right class," she clapped her hands to gain their attention and winced at the Mary Poppins-like image it conjured.

"If you've been reading ahead in your books, which I'm sure you all have been," yeah right, "you'll know today we're studying bowtruckles."

"Can someone please explain why bowtruckles are an essential factor to the wizarding economy?"

((OOC - please, no apologies for being late. If you want to get in trouble you'll have to come up with something more creative than that, because I'm going to assume you're all here on time))
Caelani Bittel
Caelani Bittel
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 469
Special Abilities : unforgivables

Back to top Go down

Magical Creatures BASIC lesson 2 Empty Re: Magical Creatures BASIC lesson 2

Post by Maddie Kane Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:09 am

Cecilia had walked in just as the proffesor asked if any one could explain why bowtruckles are an essential factor to the wixarding economy. she raised her hand then started by restateing the question, "Bowtruckles are essential to our economy because they reside in trees of wand quality wood. so if we know this bit of information along with what will irratate and calm the bowtruckle that resides in the tree. we would be able to obtain the wood to make a wand. That is if we knew how to make a wand." after saying this cecilia kind of hid behind a taller person infront of her.
Maddie Kane
Maddie Kane
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 3155

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurora Nye Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:52 am

Aurora stumbled out of the castle dropping all of the books she had in her hands and scraping her knees. She quickled picked up her books with her right hand then tried to run towards hagrids hut but stumbled again and got dirt all over her knees. It was hard for her to get used to having a broken arm and without a pack or anything to put her books in for a while she would just be stumbling alot. "Hello professor." She said nodding as she picked up her books once again.
Aurora Nye
Aurora Nye
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 2250
Special Abilities : Seer

Back to top Go down

Post by Samuel Grigori Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:21 pm

((I swear i replied to this... Anyway, just wondering, is this a permanent fixture? did you get approval from one of the other admins or anything? Not drilling you, just asking so i know if the others did things right on the permissions and admin panel side of things, some of them dont do it right.))

Sam raised his hand but then lowered it as the other girl beat him to the punch, always a pain in the butt when that happened, but that's how it was sometimes, hopefully he'd get the answer through next time, or at least have some tidbit to add to it. The class was a small one so far, hopefully more arrived soon, but most seemed to be here already, it was odd though, he'd not seen professor... whatever thaor's surname is... in awhile.
Samuel Grigori
Samuel Grigori

Number of posts : 318

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:47 pm

James walked down to where they held Cear of magical creatuers. "good Morning proffessor." he said " how are you today?" he asked ignoring everything eals that was going on. this was the only class he ever payed attintion in because of his love for animals. but just because he payed attinten didn't mean he had to listion to what his fellow students daid. it didn't really mader to him. he had broght his snake along in his back back and his cat followed him around while his rat was in his jeans pocket. the only pet of his he didn't have with him now was he owl. it was always that way.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Caelani Bittel Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:01 am

Annoyingly, the Ravenclaw's answer was pretty accurate. Caelani calmed herself with the knowledge that her job wasn't to teach, it was to enlighten.

First, however, there was the rest of the class to deal with. Did that Gryffindor have a broken arm? What was wrong with children these days?

"Is there a reason you're not using your left hand?" she asked, although she already guessed the answer.

Ever since they'd taken over, the students had been too terrified to use the school's facilities the way they were intended. She had no idea why; it should have been obvious even to these idiots that if death eaters wanted to kill them it would be much easier to do it at dinner than to wait for each student to wander into the Hospital Wing.

"I'm very well, thank you," she smiled at the Slytherin boy who'd asked after her.

Doubtless, he was trying to be beguiling and since he was only a junior student she oughtn't hold the fact that it wasn't working against him. He was in the house for it, after all.

"And what's your name?"
Caelani Bittel
Caelani Bittel
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Samuel Grigori Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:56 pm

Sam turned around and looked at Aurora, it was true, she did seem to have an injured arm of some sort, probably broken. "You know, i think you could get that fixed up in the Hospital wing," he told her with a smile, "It'd save you some discomfort, i'm sure.

He then noted the Slytherin speaking up and the teacher's reply to him. "Suck up," Sam muttered to himself, probably inaudibly ot the rest of the class, let alone the teacher.

Last edited by Samuel Grigori on Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Samuel Grigori
Samuel Grigori

Number of posts : 318

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:18 pm

James Blood II," James andswered the professor "what will we be leanring about today?" he picked up Snicker doodle, his cat, and petted it "should i send Snickers back up to the castle for now?" he didn't want to but if she said so then he had to. James really didn't want his pets getting hurt and if they were working with the creatures that would hurt them then he shouldn't have them with him. he smiled at the professor siletnly hopeing the Proffessor would let Snickers stay.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Caelani Bittel Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:24 am

"Thank you, 5 points for Gryffindor," Caelani said, to cover the fact that she didn't know the other boy's name either.

"Well, James Blood the second, I don't know how you got to your second care of magical creatures class without knowing that it's not a place for pets. In fact, if I had to guess, I'd think you probably did know and you just decided to bring him along anyway, so that's twenty points from Slytherin for rule breaking, and ten points for not attending class since I don't think I can trust rule breakers to handle the animals we're working with today."

"But I don't think you should take him back to your dormitory, that won't do. You see, you chose to put your pet in a life threatening situation. That's called animal cruelty," Caelani looked around at the rest of the class.

"I hope you're all listening to this! There may be a test! Animal cruelty is something all the teachers at Hogwarts take very seriously, and the punishment for that is for your pet to be kept down here with the other animals until you prove that you're responsible enough to look after him yourself."

"Oh, and 5 points for Ravenclaw, because I understand what you were trying to say," she glanced at the girl who'd answered. "You need to order your thoughts, young lady. You won't get marks in a test if you can't link the concepts together."

There was a flourish of sparks and next to Caelani words were hanging in the air.

Bowtruckles -> Wands -> Economic Stability

"Following the graph, we can answer that bowtruckles are important to the economy, because they help us make wands, and wands are one of the only products that are always in demand."

"Once you've copied it down, we'll be having a look at some bowtruckles who have kindly consented to being our subjects for the day."
Caelani Bittel
Caelani Bittel
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top