Covert Operation
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Covert Operation Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Covert Operation

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Covert Operation Empty Covert Operation

Post by Daniel Joshua Cethin Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:33 am

Daniel wiped the sweat from his forehead. He was sitting on a bench at the edge of Hogsmeade, where he was told to meet someone about information. It was, apparently, important. His black hair was slick with oil and sweat, a nasty combination which made him look like he hadn't bathed in a couple days. Why exactly was he doing this again? Oh, right, Brienne. Brienne had asked if he could come to Hogsmeade and meet one of her friends to give her information which could be relayed.

Why couldn't Brienne just show up herself? She told him that she hadn't wanted to reveal that it was her making this whole complex operation, that it was her idea. She would send people for the necessary information, so she could officially start it. She'd been wanting to start the club with other monsters, though, since they were stronger than regular people.

The woods were behind him, so he could make a quick dash in them if he needed to.
Daniel Joshua Cethin
Daniel Joshua Cethin

Number of posts : 413

Back to top Go down

Covert Operation Empty Re: Covert Operation

Post by Samantha Burns Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:40 am

After talking with Brienne about the monster club and about her friend that would help with the DE's in school she was now out in Hogsmead looking around for him. Brienne had told her what he looked like so she wasn't looking around all day with no results. She was wearing a flowery summer dress and some wooden flip flop like sandles. She had her purse on her side with her wand in it and her money. She had been walking around for a half an hour now when she finally saw someone who looked like him. "Hi, are you Daniel?" Sammy asked wondering if she was making a fool of her self or not.
Samantha Burns
Samantha Burns
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 3982

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Joshua Cethin Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:00 am

Daniel saw a girl in a beautiful dress, and flip flops. She asked if he was Daniel.

"I'm Daniel, are you....Sammy?" Brienne had given the name of the person she was sending to get the information. Also, the description he'd been given was accurate. That's a first for Brienne, he thought, normally she'd be so inaccurate it's not funny. He smiled, and looked up, "Well, if you're Sammy, then I suppose we'll get to work then, hm?" He had with him a bunch of books on monsters, another on leadership, several different books on Death Eaters, and a file of hand-written papers. The papers were cyphered in a complex system of symbols and in some cases Cesar-cyphering.

"If the DEs get a hold of these files, they won't be able to figure them out. But, Brienne can. She has the keys and such to do it".
Daniel Joshua Cethin
Daniel Joshua Cethin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samantha Burns Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:17 am

Sammy was surprised, this guy was an Auror. But he looks so young. Sammy smiled when he said what to do with the things that he was giving her. "Um...ok, I guess. So what now?" Samantha asked him wondering if this was all that she was suppose to be doing. Brienne told her to come out and get stuff from a guy for her, and to let him know about their thinking that there was DE's in the school but it sounded like he already knew about the DE's in the school. "I'm guessing that Brienne already told you that we think that there are DE's in the school?" Samantha asked him hoping that he didn't think of her as stupid. Brienne should really have told her everything before sending her out here.
Samantha Burns
Samantha Burns
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Joshua Cethin Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:41 am

"No, she didn't. She just said something about a club of sorts. But, good tip. Now, tell me all you know about these people. I need to know as much as you can possibly give me", Daniel said. Indeed, he looked too young to be an Auror, but he was. He was only 19 when he joined, and he vowed to not screw up.

"So, which teachers are suspected of the illegal activity? I need some names so that I can ask around for more information", Daniel pulled out a small notepad, which was flipped to a clean page.

"After I'm done with this interview, you have to take those files and stuff to her, but do not let anyone else have them".
Daniel Joshua Cethin
Daniel Joshua Cethin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samantha Burns Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:52 am

This was surprising, Brienne hadn't told him about the DE's in the school. So what did he mean by the DE's getting ahold of the papers in her hands. Either way she didn't want to tell him which ones until she knew that they wouldn't find out that it was her telling them. "Well I would love to tell you but if I do, are they going to know that it's me telling you?" Sammy asked him with concern in her voice. Because of Ne'Os now all the DE's might be out to kill her. She couldn't let her children have to live with their grandfather.
Samantha Burns
Samantha Burns
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Joshua Cethin Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:58 am

"They won't know," Daniel said, casting a modified Muffliato. "Now, we have nice and quiet. Only I can hear you and you me. Just be careful that any DEs floating about in Hogsmeade all the way to Hogwarts don't grab those files. They could possibly find out about what Brienne is doing. She didn't tell me the exact details, but she said she needed info on the DEs, starting clubs and such. I was happy to oblige, though this might be the last time I do that. If she doesn't prove herself worthy of my love and care, I'm gonna kick her out".

He seemed very serious with that last part. He'd kick the poor girl out if she didn't prove that she was worth her salt.
Daniel Joshua Cethin
Daniel Joshua Cethin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samantha Burns Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:09 am

Samantha didn't like how he answered her, it sounded like he was trying to own Brienne. People are free they should be able to do what they please as long as they are not hurting anyone else or breaking rules. But the answer that the DE's would not know that it was her telling on them made her continue and not just walk away. "Ok, well I can only tell about the professors that I have, So the first one is Professor Archer. Then there is my Herbology Professors." Samantha said hoping that she wasn't sounding stupid. (Sorry if I spell any of the names wrong) Samantha then sat down on a bench that was next to them.
Samantha Burns
Samantha Burns
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Joshua Cethin Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:31 am

Daniel scribbled down the names furiously. "The Dents, right? Robert and Jen.....and Archer? Oh yeah, Sandra Archer. I gotcha I gotcha". He put a line under the names, separating the page. "What sort of activities do you know of that they might be performing in and around school?" Daniel seemed quite inquisitive, but also mad. He was still mumbling under his breath about Brienne. It was very clear that for whatever reason, he was mad at her. The furry squirrel that was wrapped around his ankle, Neko, even stirred.

"Brienne's no use to me. She dropped out of Potions, she's not likely to be chosen for anything major, et cetera. She's worthless to me, nothing, absolutely nothing!" His face was beet red, "I'd rather take Emil under my wing. He's better".

(Bringing in another issue so it's not strictly business)
Daniel Joshua Cethin
Daniel Joshua Cethin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samantha Burns Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:38 am

Samantha was really starting to not like this guy talking about Brienne like that. She was two seconds away from walking away from him. But she took a slow deep breath and continued. "Well I can't be sure about this but all the other professors are treating the kids horrible, I can only guess that it's because of the ones that I think are DE's. See the professors that I had last year that where really nice and kind are really mean and horrible this year. Of course I could be wrong but even at night when the kids are suppose to be in their common rooms the DE profssors torture the kids and then send them to their common rooms." Samantha said to him wondering if any of this was going to help the situation. But what the guy said next about Brienne just about pushed her over the edge. "I'm sorry dude but I don't like when people start talking about my friends like that. People are free to do what they want when they want no matter their age, sex, or decsions. So please either explain what you are talking about or I'm done here." Samantha said standing up from the bench and putting her hands on her hips. If he didn't explain very well then she was going to leave.
Samantha Burns
Samantha Burns
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top