Back from a long Absence (Open) - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Back from a long Absence (Open) - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Back from a long Absence (Open)

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Back from a long Absence (Open) - Page 2 Empty Re: Back from a long Absence (Open)

Post by Christabelle Whittle Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:52 am

"Oh." she said looking at her and then down at the ground. She missed her father more than she was willing to admit but she didn't want to dwell too long on it. She would get too emotional.

"Thats surprising since thats where she teaches." she said looking at her. "It was alright I guess, except you have to speak french and everyone thinks they are better than everyone else. And you have to be top game at your charms or oh boy do you get in trouble."
Christabelle Whittle
Christabelle Whittle
Seventh Year Ravenclaw
Seventh Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 4350
Special Abilities : Seer, Legilimens

Back to top Go down

Back from a long Absence (Open) - Page 2 Empty Re: Back from a long Absence (Open)

Post by Abbey Dawn Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:35 am

Abbey loved charms. It was one of her best subjects at school, but unfortunately she hadn't signed up for it this year. "So how was speaking French?" she asked, again thinking of her failure at the foreign language. She loved how French sounded when you spoke it - sophisticated and beautiful. But Abbey had never really mastered it; it might help though if she knew more than 'bonjour' though.

(Hey, go take a look at my new plot Christy! I just posted it!)
Abbey Dawn
Abbey Dawn

Number of posts : 2143
Special Abilities : Telekenesis, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Post by Christabelle Whittle Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:40 am

"Il faisait beau. Je suis très couramment l'Abbaye il n'est pas si difficile à apprendre." she said in French smiling. Of course she had been speaking French since she was a little girl and Abbey was only just now learning German from living with her. "Sorry I forgot you don't really speak French do you?" she asked looking at her little sister curiously.

(Ok)
Translations-(via google)
Il faisait beau. Je suis très couramment l'Abbaye il n'est pas si difficile à apprendre.= It was fine. I'm very fluent in it Abbey it isn't that hard to learn.
Christabelle Whittle
Christabelle Whittle
Seventh Year Ravenclaw
Seventh Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Abbey Dawn Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:49 am

Abbey shook her head and blushed. "No. But I wish I did. It sounds like an interesting language to learn." she said smiling. She then realized the book she'd been reading earlier was lying open on her lap. She closed it and then placed it on the small table that sat next to the sofa. "I can't believe that I actually saw you again at a bookstore." Abbey said, looking around. "What a coincidence!"
Abbey Dawn
Abbey Dawn

Back to top Go down

Post by Christabelle Whittle Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:52 am

"Well I did used to work here." she said sighing. "Wow this was actually my first job I can't believe it." she said finally sitting down in a chair next to Abbey. "Whats funnier is that you are in here. I don't think I ever saw you in here once when I was working." she said smiling. "Or have you started to read more since I've been away?" she asked curiously. "Just as long as you remember I'm the brains and you're the hufflepuff in the family." she said laughing.
Christabelle Whittle
Christabelle Whittle
Seventh Year Ravenclaw
Seventh Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Abbey Dawn Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:47 pm

Abbey giggled. "I used to read a lot more before my father died." she said quietly. "Since he was big on reading when he was around." She picked the book back up and tucked it under her arm, to be sure that she purchased it later on and didn't forget it. "So over summer I kind of just started to read my old favorites again. And I ran out so I decided to come here." she said, gesturing to the dusty old shop. It might have been old, but it was quaint and quiet, a jewel among all the other flashing and popular shops in Diagon Alley.

Abbey Dawn
Abbey Dawn

Back to top Go down

Post by Christabelle Whittle Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:52 pm

"I think the neatest thing about this shop is how new it yes, yet it feels like its been here forever." she said looking around. She loved the smell of the older books that were in the shop, well used and looking for new homes. "You should apply to work here if you ever want a job Abbs." she said changing the subject. "It was probably the greatest thing I ever did and the work wasn't too hard." she continued on to say. She had the easy part of the work when she and Vaord worked here. She never had to stock anything, except on rare occasions.
Christabelle Whittle
Christabelle Whittle
Seventh Year Ravenclaw
Seventh Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Abbey Dawn Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:29 am

Abbey thought about that, knowing she needed the extra money for school and maybe just some extra to spend on trips to Hogsmeade. "You know, that's not such a bad idea Christy." she said thoughtfully. "Do you know what the minimum hiring age is?" she asked. Of course Abbey couldn't apply now, since she had school and all, but maybe over the summer if they were hiring she would; it seemed like a good solution to any summer boredness too. But now tha Christy was back she was sure her summer would be much more lively than her previous.
Abbey Dawn
Abbey Dawn

Back to top Go down

Post by Christabelle Whittle Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:34 am

"I'm not too sure on what the age is." she said looking at her sister curiously, "I know Varod started working here when he was only fifteen and I was sixteen almost seventeen when I started." she replied thoughtfully, "I'm sure they'd give you the job...But you know if you really ever need extra money all you have to do is ask." This had been true. Christy and her mother would never let Abbey do without anything she wanted, that girl was going to become as spoiled as Christy was, their younger sister probably worse than that.
Christabelle Whittle
Christabelle Whittle
Seventh Year Ravenclaw
Seventh Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Abbey Dawn Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:43 pm

"Of course!" Abbey said. She knew that she could ask for basically whatever she wanted from her adopted parents as long as it wasn't something that could potentially get her arrested. "But I love books, so it would be nice to just work with them." Abbey could already feel herself getting excited at the prospect of getting to work in this shop on weekends. And maybe employees got benefits? It would be wonderful to be able to buy whatever books she wanted at a smaller price than listed.
Abbey Dawn
Abbey Dawn

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top