Romeo Forgotten
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Romeo Forgotten Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Romeo Forgotten

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Romeo Forgotten Empty Romeo Forgotten

Post by Zara Ellis Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:34 am

[OOC: I'd rather not have demons for a simple reason, This is a new charry, and It's kinda hard to get her personality down when I'm being attacked by demons all the time, I'm not saying no demons at all, I'd just rather not have them]

Zara sniffed at the air and felt a grin lift the corners of her lips. Her black hood covered her face as she walked down a street slowly. Her usual speed had disappeared when she had smelt something on the wind. It had been quite a long time since she had eaten, in fact, Zara couldn't even remember the last time she had. Her stomach was in painful knots, but she didn't let that get in the way of her job, but now.. well she needed it.

She had just passed the Leaky Cauldron, and the door had opened, to the smell of food and drink, and she had felt her legs slow until finally she was standing, her back to the door, her fists clenched. Bodily needs were annoying, she would much rather spend her life outside in a tree, robbing, getting things, selling it. Hunting, selling, getting money, trading for expensive things. But alas, she needed to eat too. And her hunger had finally gotten the better of her.

Spinning around, and looking as though she had meant to do it, she marched into the Leaky Cauldron. People were laughing, drinking.. and eating. Zara could almost feel her mouth water, but she kept her hood up and found her way into an unoccupied corner, as far away from a rowdy table as possible. She pulled out her small coin purse, and rifled through it, searching for some galleons. She only had a few, but she did have a rather large wad of notes, clinging together. She had just sold a rather valuable locket to a wealthy client, and she had a lot of muggle money, and not nearly enough wizard money, she would have to go to Gringotts, good thing she was close to Diagon Alley.

Pulling out the small amount of wizard money she had, she counted it, and then pulled open the menu. Just because she stole things, didn't mean she always did, and sometimes she enjoyed being able to sit down at a pub, and not have to grab and go. After ordering from the waitress, she slowly lowered her hood and glanced around the room. Her clothes were still hidden by her cloak, but her normally wavy hair was pulled to the side in a very straight wispy pony tail. She was rather fond of this hairstyle, and knew people were staring as she shoved her coins back into her coin purse.
Zara Ellis
Zara Ellis

Number of posts : 228

Back to top Go down

Romeo Forgotten Empty Re: Romeo Forgotten

Post by Dory Le Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:27 pm

Elliot strode down a street in London, one he was rather familiar with, though he was familiar with most of London. You had to be when you wandered its lonely streets as often as he did. Elliot still had not settled, and he seemed to lack that normal human feeling of a desire for a stable life, a family, a job...

It was not as though he had anything against a steady life, he just did not have anything spurring him towards it. All he knew was that there were Death Eaters out there on the move, and he was more likely to stop a few if he was on the move to...

Elliot walked down the street, his eyes seeing through all that was in front of him, and his feet falling the worn, known path. He turned into the Leaky Cauldron dispassionately... Elliot did very little with passion. He could not find that zest for life like many other people seemed to be able to summon at will. Only when protecting what he knew was right could he tap into that passion... And of course, when he was playing his music.

He knew his cousin was worried about him, but he was fine. He was living off of his father's money and guilt. That what Chip deserved. He had never attempted to have a relationship with Elliot. That's where Jack and Elliot disagreed. Jack loved Chip, Elliot did not. Jack did not like to take advantage of his fortune, Elliot would not survive without it.

He fished out some money as he walked over to the bar, sitting next to a woman. He handed the money over and quietly ordered a Butterbeer. He received his order and sipped at it, his eyes gazing at the wall though they looked as though they were searching the horizon... Elliot was never one to look at the things right in front of him.
Dory Le
Dory Le
Fifth Year Hufflepuff
Fifth Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 189

Back to top Go down

Post by Zara Ellis Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:36 pm

Some guy came over and sat next to Zara and with barely a glance towards him, she pulled out a cigarette. Lighting it with the tip of her wand, she let out a puff of smoke that encircled her head and relaxed her as the room put on a smoky quality. She smiled and leaned back in her chair, realizing that the man wasn't about to leave her alone. Her food came and Zara dug in. Her rumbling stomach slowly filling up and the grumbling stopped. Normally she made her own food, caught, poached whatever, but today she really loved food made by other people. No having to clean up her knife, or work for it at all. Hand over a few coins and you got hot steamy food.

When the food slowly disappeared off her plate, she found her gaze wandering to the man who had sat down by her. They hadn't said a word, and she knew she probably shouldn't have. For all she knew, he was an auror or something, but he looked way to much like a bum to ever be an auror. She flicked her head and her pony tail flicked behind her and then back into place. "Zara Ellis." She said casually, as though he had asked her name. "Why are you sitting at my table? I think there are others that are perfectly open." She said a small growl in the back of her voice.
Zara Ellis
Zara Ellis

Back to top Go down

Post by Dory Le Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:11 am

Elliot was brought back to reality by the voice of the woman sitting next to him and his eyes turned on to her, looking at her as though he had just realized she was there. And, in his defense, he really just had. He had registered her presence, but Elliot had always been sort of out there... You know those instance where you go somewhere with a specific purpose, but once you have gotten there, you completely forget what it was you had to do... That was the way Elliot lived his life.

At first Elliot thought that this woman was okay with his presence since she had introduced herself but then he heard her next words and heard the hostility behind them. Whoops... He was used to disrupting people, on accident of course, and was used to irritation and mild frustration as a response, but she sounded almost angry that he had had the nerve to sit next to her.

He began to stand, hesitated, and then stood up, making his chair scrape against the ground. He backed up a step and though his face was straight, his eyes had that lost sadness that was just apart of his countenance; an expression that came from a lifetime of disappointment and uncertainty.

He nodded and said in his quiet voice, "I'm Elliot." He never gave his last name, because he knew that not many people cared one way or the other. "Sorry, if I disturbed you..." His eyes briefly met her own, the soft meeting the brutal. "Yes, I have, I'm sorry to have done so. I'll leave you alone." He turned to walk away.
Dory Le
Dory Le
Fifth Year Hufflepuff
Fifth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Zara Ellis Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:23 am

Zara smirked when the guy literally just stood up to leave. And before turning back to her dinner, she froze, her eyes having caught something. A beautiful watch adorned his wrist, and she could feel an itch starting right behind her eyes. The need to have that watch overcame all other thoughts, and she smiled slightly. She had the tools she needed to steal the watch, and it would be so easy to just, get up and walk away from something like that. Zara had a million tricks up her sleeve, but as she surveyed the watch with a quick intensity, she grinned and knew what she would do.

"Hey wait." She said suddenly, and reached out, grabbing his wrist that didn't have the watch. She was in full mode now, and she was laying on the charm. "Sorry.." She said looking down. "It's just, I haven't been in a good mood lately.." Her brain searched for a lie, and landed on the first one she could think of. "My mum died yesterday.. she was older, but I'll miss her." She looked away from him, hiding the fact that there were no tears as she pretended to stifle a sob. "I'm just not in a good mood!"

Zara laid her head on the table, and burst into noisy, fake tears. Some people from around them looked at her nervously, and the bartender even brought her over a new drink, on the house. Zara, while her face was hidden from view, was actually pinching herself so hard that tears came to her eyes. Then, using the cover of her arms, reached into her shirt, and pulled out her favorite tool, the magnet. It was small, and it had a small little loop that fit over one of her fingers, slipping it on, she covered it up by pretending to sob harder. She hoped he would stay, she needed that watch, and now.
Zara Ellis
Zara Ellis

Back to top Go down

Post by Dory Le Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:42 am

Elliot felt her hand fasten around his wrist and he slowly turned around. At first she looked up at him normally and began to speak, but as she admitted to why she had been so quick to react badly, she began to look upset and dramatically turned away before bursting into tears and burying her face in her arms.

He slowly sat across from her at the table and watched her sob for a second, his shrewd nature coming into effect. Though he did not get out much, he was one who could easily measure people's characters, and this woman was not one to cry in public. That much was evident. Everything about her screamed hardcore and done with society. Therefore, he could tell she was one of those strong-willed types.

But he had been wrong before, and no matter how strange he thought it was for people to cry where there were witnesses, he knew there were also people who had no problem with wearing their hearts on their sleeves and were fine with demonstrating just how they were feeling to the world.

Elliot stared at her, unsure as to what to say. He had a wise, old soul, but he had the social experience of a very awkward twelve-year-old. He had not found himself in many social situations and to be in such an upsetting one unsettled him. "I'm sorry," he said in his soft voice. "I know how it is to be without a mother."

He usually did not reveal such information, especially since he did not like to talk about his family. His no-good father Chip and apparently his gorgeous, screwed-up mother who died when he was three. Then there were his uptight muggle parents who he had not seen in awhile and Jack's terrible family. He found it easier to pretend none of them existed. And yet he had no idea what to say besides that to this distraught woman.

"My mother died when I was three, but I was told she had lived a full life and that, at the least, was to be celebrated..." That's what his grandmother had said, at least, after adding And now she can't cause any more bullsh!t, that's another plus... He did not miss his grandmother much either. "It's hard, but we have things to remember them by." He held out his hand and showed her the watch on his wrist. "It was my grandfathers, and he was going to pass it down to her to give to me, but she had died. It's the closest thing I have to something that belongs to her."
Dory Le
Dory Le
Fifth Year Hufflepuff
Fifth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Zara Ellis Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:30 pm

Zara pretended to wipe her eyes and her gaze found the watch hungrily. Perfect, something sentiment to him, made it all the more worthwhile to take it from him. She sniffled and looked up at him, her eyes large and shiny with the small tears she had been able to produce. He was going on about his mother or something, and she wasn't really caring though. His watch was beautiful, and probably very expensive. But she tore her gaze away from it to look at him. "It's a very beautiful watch." She said wistfully, before putting her head back onto the table, covering her face with her arms.

Her parents had both been killed by some sort of the "Do gooders" police and aurors alike. And she was sent to live with her aunt as a child. Her aunt who thought she was a misfit and literally threw her out the second she could. Once 17, and able to do magic by herself, she stole enough stuff, and sold it, to get her own apartment, and she lived off of that for the time. Now a days she lived out in an old abandoned house she had fixed up in the middle of nowhere, completely surrounded by trees. It was her center of operations, and no bills came for her to pay for it. It was like Zara Ellis had disappeared off the face of the muggle earth, and it suited her just fine.

But one thing did seem to both Zara, and that was how this man reacted when he talked about his family. There was no sorrow in his voice, and she knew there were things he wasn't telling her. But she didn't mind, she didn't need to know all of the petty details. She just needed that watch and she'd be fine. Turning to look at him again, she let a small smile cross her lips, the emotion never quite reaching her eyes. "Thank you." She said softly, reaching out to grab his wrist gently. She wasn't about to act yet, maybe get him a little tipsy or something first. "Can I buy you a drink please? I'd like to hear more about your.. family.. It sounds terribly tragic, and it might get my mind off of my own problems." She said batting her eyelashes lightly at him.
Zara Ellis
Zara Ellis

Back to top Go down

Post by Dory Le Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:43 pm

Elliot's eyes flicked to his wrist as she fasted her hand on it and asked if she could buy him a drink and he felt uncomfortable. He really had no ambitions to discuss his family nor disclose any of those personal secrets with a stranger who he only knew the name of and the information that she had recently lost her mother.

Perhaps he was getting paranoid, but he always felt like people were fishing for personal information if they inquired about any part of his life. He, himself, found very little interest in it, so why could others, especially strangers such as the sobbing woman across from him now.

Furthermore, he did not want to mooch off of her, but he did not want to deny her request either. He decided he would pay for the drink once they received them, but for the time being, he would just go with it. He thought it would be rude to say "No, you may not purchase me a drink, and no, I will not discuss my family life with. By the way, sorry your mother's dead. No, it seemed his best bet was to just go along with it. He nodded slowly and settled slightly into his seat, as though to say he was getting comfortable, even though he still felt totally over his head in this situation. He gave her a look that said he had no idea what to say and that it would be her burden to continue the conversation.
Dory Le
Dory Le
Fifth Year Hufflepuff
Fifth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top