Business with Mr Elldir
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Business with Mr Elldir Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Business with Mr Elldir

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Business with Mr Elldir Empty Business with Mr Elldir

Post by Caelani Bittel Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:05 am

She stopped outside the store to admire the Elldir's brazenness. The story speculating on the link between the wands made by the Elldir family and the Elder Wand of legend was a gutsy move. Clearly, it was nothing more than a marketing ploy, but that made the shop even more remarkable, because it actually worked.

Caelani had been past Elldir's several times in the last week, watching wizards and witches break their stride to glance in the window, then walk all the way up the Alley to Ollivanders, only to return to Elldir's because of a fairy tale!

There were certain privileges that came with growing up in a museum. One of them was becoming awesome at research; the other was having access to archives that went way back into the mists of time. The information on the Elldir family was sparse. The family were originally Scandinavian, they had moved across Europe to the Franco-Spanish border and at some point had added an extra l to the name; Caelani assumed it was to distinguish themselves from muggles. So far as she'd been able to ascertain, they'd never been near England or the Elder Wand until Thaorson.

The entire business was built on lies and the convenient similarity between the words Elldir and elder. Which was, of course, what drew Caelani to the shop and its proprietor.

She pushed the door open and stepped inside. Curiously, Calli had never seen the inside of this shop; she still had her first wand and even if she had wanted another she would still have gone to Ollivander's. The inside of the store was as different from the other wand shop as any could be. Of course, there were the same tiny shelves for the wands lining the walls, but where Ollivander's always seemed cluttered and dim, this shop was open and welcoming. Not to mention tastefully arranged. It oozed style from every bolt and crevice.

"Thaorson?" she called out, knowing that though he wasn't within view, the man would hear her.

"I'm here for that conversation you promised me."

He hadn't promised her. He'd actually looked quite put out when she suggested it at the manor, but Caelani wasn't going to give up now that she almost had what she wanted.
Caelani Bittel
Caelani Bittel
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 469
Special Abilities : unforgivables

Back to top Go down

Business with Mr Elldir Empty Re: Business with Mr Elldir

Post by Thaorson Kam Elldir Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:54 pm

Thaor came out from the back of the shop as he heard a familiar voice. It was Caelani. Oh, I'm glad you could make it. I'm sorry about our little mishap at the manor. What did you need to talk about? Thaor asked kindly.
Thaorson Kam Elldir
Thaorson Kam Elldir

Number of posts : 593

Back to top Go down

Post by Caelani Bittel Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:00 am

Calli was thrown. She'd been preparing herself for a confrontation, but now Thaorson's manner could almost be described as charming. Perhaps this wouldn't be as difficult as she'd imagined.

"I'm opening duelling gym over the road," she said without preamble. "Your wands are renowned for their power, obviously this is an opportunity for both of us. You could sponsor an event, or even our grand opening and we could recommend you to our members."

She paused for a moment, recalling Elldir's odd rule.

"Well, the pureblood ones, anyway."
Caelani Bittel
Caelani Bittel
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Thaorson Kam Elldir Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:40 pm

Thaor listened to Caelani with interest. It sounds interesting. By sponsoring you mean, paying for it? Thaor asked. His pockets weren't very deep at the moment. His own business wasn't going well, although he had sold two wands in the last week or so.

How much? Thaor asked.
Thaorson Kam Elldir
Thaorson Kam Elldir

Back to top Go down

Post by Caelani Bittel Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:07 am

Thaorson didn't seem terribly excited with her suggestion, especially when he asked about money. Caelani had been ready for this, though, so she laughed off the question.

"We-ell, trophies cost about 1 galleon and 13 sickles each," she replied, "but you could choose to donate prizes instead. Something like a store voucher or wand holster would be appropriate, I think."

"And you'd have exclusive advertising rights at the event, of course."
Caelani Bittel
Caelani Bittel
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Thaorson Kam Elldir Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:08 am

While that sounds wonderful. I am unable to commit at this time. Contact me in a week or two and I shall have made a decision by then. Thaor said sadly.

Sorry I'm not much help right now. Thaor added as he started organizing some wands that he just finished.
Thaorson Kam Elldir
Thaorson Kam Elldir

Back to top Go down

Post by Caelani Bittel Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:31 am

Unable to commit. It was tempting to make a smart remark, but Calli resisted.

"Sure, a week or two," she replied breezily, already knowing she would never bring this idea up again.

"Thanks for the help."

With that, she left the shop. Perhaps Ollivanders would be more tempted by her offer.
Caelani Bittel
Caelani Bittel
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top