Chords and Strings
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Chords and Strings Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Chords and Strings

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Chords and Strings Empty Chords and Strings

Post by Andrew Thompson Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:44 am

Andrew walked into the Leaky Cauldron, a half an hour before his shift as the guitarist even began. He walked past a few drunken idiots who thought it would be funny to throw bottles at people as they walked in the door. fortunately, Andrew was in a good mood and decided not to totally humiliate them in front of everybody in the restaurant. He went past the bar and found his electric guitar, a regular light blue electric guitar with a wooden ebony neck and light brown head. He grabbed the case where his guitar was at and procded over to one of the empty booths. He opened the case and pulled out his guitar. Slowly, he began to tune his guitar after he plugged it into an amp and set it to the lowest setting. He then began to practice Sweet Child 'O Mine by Guns N Roses. He always had a hard time with the beginning and middle parts of the song, yet felt as if he could nail it sometime soon.
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3818
Special Abilities : Invisibility

Back to top Go down

Chords and Strings Empty Re: Chords and Strings

Post by Isadora Malfoy1 Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:19 am

A job. This was the one thing that Rose was looking for more than anything, she wanted a new camera and didn't have the guts to ask her parents. Rose hated having to be dependent on her parents for things and prefered to work for it herself. She hadn't noticed that some of the drunken men had started throwing bottles at people walking in the door, but thanks to her sharp reflexes she was quick to catch it just before it struck her temple. "I don't think so pal" She said before placing the bottle on the bar and walking around some more. That is when she spotted Andrew, she shared a few classes with him. When she got closer she heard that he was playing guns n roses and smiled. "Room for a singer?" she asked him with a wink, she's only sang infront of people a few times but she was confident enough that she could do this.

Becky Lou actually singing lol
Isadora Malfoy1
Isadora Malfoy1
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 50

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:21 am

Andrew had been so enticed in playing his guitar, he nearly didn't hear a mysterious voice talk to him. He looked up and noticed it was the girl that had been in a couple of classes of his. He couldn't remember her name though. Andrew+Names=No good. "Hey," he said still trying to figure out what her name was.
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Isadora Malfoy1 Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:26 am

Rose looked at him and laughed when he didn'r say her name, guessing that he'd forgotten. "I'm Rose" She said and smiled at him brightly, but not a cheesy grin because that she felt would have been stupid. "So you play guitar here, do you get a wage for it?" she asked. She needed that new camera before the holidays as her old one had broken.
Isadora Malfoy1
Isadora Malfoy1
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:30 am

Rose. Rose. Rose. Okay now Andrew had it inside his head, but to make sure, he came up a bunch of random sentences in his head that had her name in it. Okay now he was sure to remember. Andrew nodded and then set his guitar on the table "I sure do," he said "It's about 300 Sickles...either every hour or every week. I cannot, for the life of me remember." He hadn't recalled why he had taken the job up in the first place. He had plently of money in the Muggle world, so he could get everything there. He guess it might've just have been for the fun of it.
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Isadora Malfoy1 Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:33 am

Rose smiled when he mentioned money. "Think there are any jobs going around here? I really need a new camera" she said. She let out a small sigh and looked around for the bartender so that she could find the head of the pub. She hadn't been paying attention when one of the drunken men thought it would be funny to throw another bottle at Rose seeing as it hadn't hit her earlier, the bottle hit her in the side of the head and she had to grab onto something to prevent herself from falling over.
Isadora Malfoy1
Isadora Malfoy1
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:39 am

"I think there is another waitress job here," he said with a smile "it pays the same as mine so its still a lot of money." He then quickly got up and helped Rose after one of the drunks threw another bottle. He helped her sit down and went over to the man who threw it. He tried insulting Andrew, but his drunkish slur didn't exactly help. Andrew, having no tolerance fo that kind of behavior, went over to the man and punched him-hard- in the face. The man fell backwards in his chair and was sprawled across the floor, and his drunken buddies came to help. He walked back over to Rose and pulled out his wand. "Ekipsky," he casted, and a bright light went towards Rose. "Are you alright?"
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Isadora Malfoy1 Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:42 am

Rose hadn't expected the bottle to hit that hard so when she almost passed out it shocked her, she noticed Andrew help her before going over to the man. When he returned she heard him ask her if she was ok. "Slightly dizzy but I'm sure i'll be fine" she said and tried to get up, falling back down into the chair again, her eyes seemed to be unfocused.
Isadora Malfoy1
Isadora Malfoy1
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:47 am

Andrew nodded helping her sit back down. "Well I toke care of those guys over there," he said sitting down on the oppisite side "shouldn't bother us anymore. Need me to get you anything? A butterbeer or something?" He had always heard that butterbeers had been able to cure headaches and dizziness, but had never actually tried it out.
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Isadora Malfoy1 Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:04 am

Rose looked at Andrew and smiled alittle. "A butterbeer would be nice" she said and handed him the money for one, she didn't want to take advantage of him in any way. "Those guys better watch out, I'll get them back later" she said with a cheeky glint in her eye.
Isadora Malfoy1
Isadora Malfoy1
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top