Open up your mind & see like me
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Open up your mind & see like me Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Open up your mind & see like me

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Open up your mind & see like me Empty Open up your mind & see like me

Post by Nerissa Hatts Fri May 21, 2010 12:22 am

Nerissa hummed to herself, putting one foot in front of the other in a way that wasn’t
exactly skipping but at the same time wasn’t her usual lazy way of walking; the Quid-
ditch stadium was peaceful when no one else was around, and at the moment, she
had the whole place to herself. Nerissa plopped down in the freshly mown grass wi-
th a sigh, spreading her fingers out, her hands in the grass; she loved to be so near
plants, much like a child enjoyed being close to their favorite stuffed animal.

Looking up at the clear sky, Nerissa wondered what it would be like to ride a broo-
mstick; she had never actually owned one, for she had been too afraid of falling off
when she had been offered one while shopping for her school supplies, but now th-
at she was a bit older, the idea didn’t frighten her as much. She shook her head, it
wasn’t safe either way. She leaned backwards until she was lying down, her arms
& legs spread out like a starfish. Nerissa listened to the sound of students chatting
down at the lake and near the castle; she liked to listen to the different voices and
laughs that each person had been born with- in fact, it truly was ‘music to her ears’.
Nerissa smiled and shifted slightly so that the side of her face was in the grass, and
inhaled the sweet sent of it. She didn’t have any homework to do or any classes to
attend until later, and she figured lying around in the sun was the best way to spe-
nd her free time.
Nerissa Hatts

Number of posts : 482

Back to top Go down

Open up your mind & see like me Empty Re: Open up your mind & see like me

Post by Guest Fri May 21, 2010 2:41 am

Hunter had been running around the lake for a workout when he decided he'd run across the stands in the Quidditch Stadium. It was dangerous yes, a workout yes, fun...meh. He chuckled to himself and turned up the volume on his music player, enchanted to work inside Hogwarts. When he bought it he was surprised it worked, he was happy. It was loaded with his favourite music, he never knew anything new until he got home. He got anyone to tell him what he had missed. He jogged over to the entrance to the stadium, he stopped to catch his breath. He did this every weekend, but it never got any easier. This Hogwarts food was going to kill him, he'd probably have to stop eating so much if he was going to keep looking like he did.

He entered the Stadium, he looked around but made a double take at a girl who was laying in the stadium. She was pretty, then he was suddenly aware of the shirt that was klinging to him. Not to mention the sweat stains down his front and back. He made his way over to her, peeling his shirt off his skin, but not taking it off. He was wearing shorts, he only wore them when he was working out though. Something new he had adopted, sweats were only hard to run in. He had only been in the stadium for games, he wasn't the best flyer. He looked down at the girl lying on the ground, he was very wrong. She wasn't pretty, she was very pretty. But he wasn't looking for anyone special, yet. "Good afternoon," he said. "And you are?" he asked her.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Nerissa Hatts Fri May 21, 2010 3:01 am

As usual, Nerissa was startled by the sudden arrival of a fellow student. She bolted up-
right with a fearful expression, at least, only until she realized that it was simply a young
man she had seen around Hogwarts a couple of times. There were so many people in
the enchanted place that it was hard to keep track of all the names, ages, houses, and
faces- but not for Nerissa; she remembered those details because it made her feel safe.
She wasn’t sure why, but ever since the start of time she had been obsessed with mem-
orizing every tiny detail. For example, this boy was in Hufflepuff and he was in the sa-
me year as Nerissa was, though she hadn’t ever actually learned his name.

Nerissa relaxed once more, lowering herself back down on the grass, looking up at the
boy, running her hands along the grass absentmindedly. “I’m Nerissa Hatts,” she replied
with a soft smile, waving once with the hand that wasn’t stroking the blades of grass
underneath her. “Getting a good workout then?” she asked, noticing the sweat soaking
his hair and shirt.
Nerissa Hatts

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 22, 2010 4:38 am

Hunter looked down at the girl, she certainly was something. Everyone was something but this girl was...SOMETHING. He chuckled and nodded, "As a matter of fact, I am." he said. "I haven't yet got back into the groove yet though." he grinned. "I'm Hector Hunter, but I go by Hunter..." he said his grin turning into a smile. He shook his head, it was getting really hot out. He could go for a nice pumpkin juice right about now. He plopped down on the grass. "Nice day isn't it? I see you're enjoying the grass as well," he laughed.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Nerissa Hatts Sat May 22, 2010 6:48 pm

“Well it is a pleasure to meet you Hunter,” Nerissa replied, storing that information away for
later, as usual. “You’re a Hufflepuff, right?” she asked, though she already knew the ans-
wer; it seemed less… creepy to ask what house he was in and find out that way than to
have already known.

She watched him sit down in the grass next to her and listened to his voice and to his laugh,
they sounded pleasant, and it had been a while since Nerissa had heard a pleasant voice
so close; most of the time she would only hear the other students from afar, laughing and
talking as they enjoyed their free time. She smiled, “Yes. I’m glad that the sun is out and that
yesterday’s rain didn’t leave everything all muddy and wet,” she replied, shifting so that sh-
e was on her side facing him. She laughed, “I love the grass and the plants. I’ve grown up
around plants, so I guess it is only natural for me to enjoy spending time around them,” she
replied honestly.
Nerissa Hatts

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 23, 2010 3:59 am

He nodded, he was indeed a Hufflepuff. "Yes I am, and I'm guessing you are a....Ravenclaw? Correct?" he said smiling. He could tell by her personality, cool, relaxed, and pretty.

"Yes, sunshine is lovely. But I prefer the rain," he told her. "I don't know why, but it just fascinates me! And I love the feel of the rain on my face." he said. He loved the rain, that was true. It was amazing to watch, and hear, and feel as well. He looked down at her, "Oh, so you're that weird plant girl" he said realizing. "You're not as bad as I heard...." he chuckled. "In fact, you're kind of pretty!" he said.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Nerissa Hatts Sun May 23, 2010 6:34 am

Nerissa was clearly surprised when Hector guessed what house she was in correct-
ly, “Yes, I was sorted into Ravenclaw just as I had hoped,” she replied. She wondered
if she was such an open book that he could read her easily, or if it had simply been a
lucky guess on his part. She bit her lower lip absentmindedly as she thought for a mo-
ment. Perhaps predictability was something she needed to work on.

“The rain? I despise it! I understand that the trees and the grass need rain to survive &
to grow normally, but I still have never enjoyed it much; when it rains I am stuck inside
in the library doing studies or something else equally as boring,” she replied, looking up
at the clouds, feeling rather relaxed even in the presence of someone else- which did-
n’t happen often considering the fact that she was a very nervous and jumpy person.
“I don’t think I’ve ever actually felt the rain…” she added, looking up in her skull as she
thought back, flipping through all the old pages of the book that was her life. She titled
her head to one side, “yes, that is correct, actually… I cant remember a single time I
have been out in the rain,” she said, fallowed by a thoughtful “hmm”.

“Yes, I assumed I had been given a nickname as such; when you love plants or other
things that are strange to most people, they tend to mock you or assume that you are
a weird kid that doesn’t like to be around other people,” she replied, nodding to her-
self. “Pretty? Oh dear…” she said with a hearty laugh, “I’ve never thought so”
Nerissa Hatts

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top