HATTS, Nerissa
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

HATTS, Nerissa Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

HATTS, Nerissa

View previous topic View next topic Go down

HATTS, Nerissa Empty HATTS, Nerissa

Post by Nerissa Hatts Wed May 19, 2010 7:36 pm

O U T O F C H A R A C T E R
Name: Red
How you found Potter's Army: A friend found it on Google and told me about it.
Any other characters on Potter's Army: Keera Mast & Calvin S. Ransom
Have your read the Plot?: Yups
Have your read the Must read threads?: *Nods*

B A S I C I N F O R M A T I O N
HATTS, Nerissa Tumblr10
Name: Nerissa Hatts (is it lame to use my last name?)
Race: Human
Blood Status: Halfblood
Year AND Age: 14, 4th Year
Preferred houses: Ravenclaw
Canon or Original: Guess
Play-by: Susan Coffey

A P P E A R A N C E
Height: Rather short
Hair: Red-Brown
Eye colour: Green
Skin: Fair
General Appearance: (One paragraph.)

P E R S O N A L I T Y
Skills:
-Reading Aloud
-Going Unnoticed
-Remembering large amounts of information at one time
-Blocking others out
-Herbology

Phobias:
-Angrophobia - Fear of anger or of becoming angry
-Atychiphobia- Fear of failure
-Brontophobia- Fear of thunder and lightning
-Catagelophobia- Fear of being ridiculed
-Coulrophobia- Fear of clowns

-Poetry
-Mornings
-Hardcover books
-The sound of laughter

Dislikes:
-The anger and frustration of others
-Rain Storms
-Nonfiction
-Fire
-Smokers

Motto:
General Personality:
Nerissa isn’t the bravest person in the world- in fact, she was terrified of quite a lot. Because of this, she often spends time on her own and built up a wall that blocked anyone who wanted to befriend her, out of her life, ultimately hurting her more than protecting her. Nerissa is a rather gentle soul who loves to spend her time near plants and in the greenhouse near her home in America. She loves the sound of laughter more than anything and sometimes hangs around in rooms full of people simply to hear more of it.

H I S T O R Y
Family Information:
(Mother) Esmeralda Mansini
(Step Father) Benjamin Mansini
(Father) David Hatts
(Sister) Lillian Mansini (daughter of Esmeralda and Benjamin)
(Uncle) Calvin Ransom (brother of Esmeralda)
(Grandfather) Jack Ransom Jr. (father of Esmeralda and Calvin)
(Grandmother) Marietta Ransom (mother of Esmeralda and Calvin)
(Grandfather) Elijah Hatts (father of David Hatts)
(Grandmother) Miranda Hatts (mother of David Hatts)

Childhood:
Nerissa had a rather rough childhood, what with her father leaving only weeks before the wedding between him and Nerissa’s mother, and then the marriage between Benjamin (her stepfather) and her mother only a year later. She was forced to grow up quickly and start seeing the world the way adults saw it; a dangerous place where people got hurt and their hearts were broken. Nerissa still liked to read fairytales and pretend as if she still believed in castles and prince charming, but the other children at school noticed that she was different and Nerissa eventually gave up on making friends during her younger years.

Nerissa began spending most of her time in an old greenhouse next-door her house. The people who had owned it had been forced to move years before Nerissa’s family even moved in to the house next door, and so Nerissa began to believe that the greenhouse was ‘hers’. She started taking care of the plants regularly, caring for them as most children her age would care for dolls. She didn’t know that the plants living in the old greenhouse were unordinary, or that they belonged in a fiction book, all she knew was that they were her friends, and that she needed to protect them from the world outside their glass home.

When she turned eleven years old, Nerissa received her acceptance letter from Hogwarts. At that time, Nerissa’s little sister had been born and she was just starting to get comfortable with her life, and so, naturally, learning that she was a witch threw things off balance. At first, Benjamin was very angry with the whole idea of believing in ‘magic’ and shipping Nerissa off to a school that would teach her “nothing she could apply to her life in the real world”. Nerissa’s mother hadn’t yet told Benjamin about her being a witch and about the fact that she worked as an Aurora in the Ministry of Magic, but it seemed like the perfect time to tell him. How her mother was able to hide it from him for so long, Nerissa hadn’t the faintest of ideas.

Even after her mother explained everything to Benjamin, he refused to allow Nerissa to attend school at Hogwarts, leaving Esmeralda no choice but to agree with him.

But it wasn’t long until it started becoming more and more obvious that Nerissa had magic running through her veins, and it was becoming increasingly difficult to persuade teachers, neighbors, and classmates that they hadn’t just seen her break something without even touching it, or turn the school bully’s hair bright blue. Eventually, Benjamin was left with no choice but to, reluctantly; allow her go to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Hogwarts:
Because of Nerissa’s fascination of plants, it was easily her favorite class from the very start of her schooling at Hogwarts. She had a few friends that were in her house, but only few and she liked to keep it that way; when enough people were grouped together, it caused problems, and frustration, and anger- which were three things that Nerissa tried to avoid at all costs.

Nerissa dreaded summer vacations each year; she didn’t get along too well with Benjamin after he found out about her being a witch, and him and Nerissa’s mother weren’t doing too well either. She discussed staying at Hogwarts over the summer with a few of the professors and the headmaster, but all of them agreed that it was best she faced these problems rather than avoiding them.

Last edited by Nerissa Hatts on Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
Nerissa Hatts

Number of posts : 482

Back to top Go down

HATTS, Nerissa Empty Re: HATTS, Nerissa

Post by Matthew Lestrange Thu May 20, 2010 3:46 am

MWAHAHAHA! I made you make a student!! But I'm too lazy to accept it, so I'm sure Khaat will xD
(jk, I have to go real quick and have no time)

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 6872

Back to top Go down

HATTS, Nerissa Empty Re: HATTS, Nerissa

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu May 20, 2010 1:30 pm

Ok, Matty. I get the "subtle" hint. ROFL. Accepted and sorted into Ravenclaw.

Khaat
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22561
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum