Family Reunion Part 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Family Reunion Part 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Family Reunion Part 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Family Reunion Part 2 Empty Family Reunion Part 2

Post by Robert Lupin Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:43 pm

Robert was amazed. FInding himself looking into Ted's eyes was a lot like looking into Remus's eyes. He had Remus's deep expressive eyes. He watched Khaat run up to the attic. Of course. The portrait. That would be the first thing he would want to see.

"You are your father in so many ways," Robert said quietly. "You would be the delight of his life. I cannot tell you how good it is to see you're alive and well. Strong. Definately strong. I can feel it. Strong physically, strong magically. You got that rightfully from your parents. I'm sure you have more questions right now than you know how to ask. But you're welcome here any time. Your father knew this as home until he married your mother, so if you want this to be one of your home bases, you're welcome to do that just as he did. Khaat, no doubt, has gone to get your copy of Remus's portrait for you. I'm glad you're finally getting it. "

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Family Reunion Part 2 Empty Re: Family Reunion Part 2

Post by Ted 'Teddy' Lupin Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:32 pm

Robert Lupin resembled his father in some ways, his appearance anyway. He had seen his father, and he could see the resemblance between them. "Thank you," he said, not sure what to adress him as. Uncle? It would be odd to call him that after just having met him. "I am too... I've never talked to him. I didn't even know a protrait of him existed. Thank you for keeping it safe," he said gratefully.
Ted 'Teddy' Lupin

Number of posts : 92

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:10 am

"I know you don't know me," Robert said, sensing the young man's discomfort, "If its more comfortable, call me Robert. You don't have to start calling me uncle. That would just feel very strange to you. I know Khaat probably told you that most of Remus's things are here. I'm sure she'll share pretty much whatever you want with you. There are some things I know you will want. And that's fine. Personally, I don't put much stock in things. I put more into my relationships. I think we can help you fill in the blanks enough as you're ready that you will feel closer to him than you do right now.

Khaat came down to the kitchen, and Robert watched her carrying the portrait. He took it from her. "Let me help you with that," he said. He sat the portrait on a chair and unwrapped it carefully. And in a moment, it revealed an identical copy of the portrait that Khaat had in her room.

"Hello, Uncle Remus," Khaat smiled.

"Its about time you unwrapped this one!" the image in the portrait snapped.

"Remus," Robert said, "Someone is here to see you. Ted is here. He's all grown now. "

"Ted?" the image looked surprised. "Teddy? You survived,Son?"

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Ted 'Teddy' Lupin Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:16 pm

Teddy was only half listening to Robert as he waited for Khaat to come back. He was clearly an intelligent man, but Teddy would talk to him later. His father was who he was aching to talk to right now. He looked up as Khaat came back downstairs with an unopened portrait in her hand. He watched nervously as they opened it. The voice, he recognized it, he had heard it in the memories, but the face, he knew only vaguely. He had seen his father, but barely knew him. "Hi.. Father.." Teddy said, stuttering. leaning infront of the portrait. He was feeling nervous, and a little foolish. "Yes I did survive. Aunt Andromeda took care of me," he explained, knowing that he was talking about the battle.
Ted 'Teddy' Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:04 pm

"Ah," Remus said,"Then all is as it should have been." He seemed content with this resolve. "We did not intend for things to turn out this way, althought we did know it was a distinct possibility. Your mother's family and mine have had generations of not accepting each other. We had hoped to bridge that, but, well, that never happened. I am glad you were safe, though. There was nothing more important to me than that. " Remus glanced at Khaat and then back at Ted, "Ah, so you did inherit my 'illness' after all. I am sorry, Teddy. That is not what I would have ever wanted for you. "

Khaat looked at Ted and then at the glowing green stone in her necklace. "My necklace," she said softly, "It glows in the presence of werewolves, and can defend me from them if necessary. Obviously it does not see you as a threat. Your father made sure I could never take it off, shy of beheading." She glared at Remus, "I am still not happy about that." Remus returned a similar glare at her of absolute unyielding stubbornness and sternness. He had never ever yielded on this matter. Then he looked back at Ted. "So, tell me about yourself. I've lost a lot of years. You have no idea--or maybe you do--how much I want to know you."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22716
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ted 'Teddy' Lupin Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:01 pm

"I understand, you were just trying to make the world a better place for me to grow up in," Teddy said with a nod. "Though I admit, sometimes I wish you guys were not involved in the battle. It would have been different for me then," he added with a sigh. He did sometimes get angry about that, but he knew why they had done it. "Its OK dad. I would have rather lived without it, but really, it'snot that bad... Though I do hate taking the Wolfsbane potion twice a month," he said seriously, though he chuckled.

He nodded to Khaat as she explained about the necklace, no wonder his father had known. Lycanthropy didnt usually pass on. "Well.. I'm an auror now... it was my dream, so I'm happpy about that," he said, as it was the first thing that came into mind. "I wanted to avenge your deaths, so thats why I became an auror and went through the training. I was upset to learn that Dolohov had died, but Bellatrix is alive, for now anyways," Teddy said. He knew his father would perhaps not like the fact he was avenging their deaths, but nothing he could say would stop that. "I followed your footsteps in joining the order as well," he added.
Ted 'Teddy' Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:18 pm

"There are a lot of regrets I had by the time we got to the point where we were hiding you," Remus said, "We did think, briefly of running, but if we had not stood up to him, well, Voldemort might have had control of the whole wizarding world by now. We at least inconvenienced him significantly. Your mother and I believed it was worth that risk to protect your generation--or to try to.

"As for your being an Auror, well done. It is an honorable profession. Oh, and congratulations on joining the order. It may be a big help to you. Well done on both counts. Robert and Khaat do keep me up on political developments. As for Dolohov, I can't say I'm sorry he's gone.

"But Bellatrix. I'm sure you realize she's your great aunt. She won't be as easy to remove as you might think. Do not ever make the mistake of underestimating her. I know I would not pursuade you not to go after her, because I probably would be doing the same thing if I were still able. But, Ted, don't ever try it out of rage. Bellatrix is very astute at mind games. She always was. She will play on your rage, use it against you as a critical flaw. It will be your undoing if you don't get that under wraps. I am quite sure that she has become even more powerful and more dangerous, and no doubt, more insane as the years have gone on. In my day, she also had quite the advantage of speed. She was very swift and had not one ounce of conscience and had no compulsions about killing whatsoever. And do make sure that by the avenging you are not releasing a hornet's nest between the Death Eaters and either the Lupins or the Order. Remember, your great aunt Narcissa Malfoy still has a great say in the operations of the Death Eaters. You could be unleashing a huge can of proverbial worms, Son. Choose your battles wisely. "
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22716
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Miseria Lupin Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:00 pm

OT: I do my best to make a good post. Smile

Miseria hesitated before she opened the door. Yes, she could say that this was her home as well. She belonged here from now on and people who lived here, were also her family. She looked at Archangel, the bird who she had found laying down on a street. And how could she forgot about the birdy who actually led her to Khaat at the first time? She didn't know anything about bird's injuries but she felt that it was better to bring him to Khaat. Probably she knows what to do. It was her bird after all as well.

Closing the door behind her, she looked around. Then she heard some voices. Mostly male ones. Did she had guests? Maybe it wasn't a good time to come here? But then she looked at Archangel and bit her lip. No. It was best for the bird, and for Khaat to know that everything was fine with him... or her. Looking around once again, she walked into the room where she saw the painting, Khaat, Robert, and someone who was a bit older than she was. Raising her eyebrows, she looked at her mother and coughed.

Actually she never knew Remus Lupin and she has never seen him, so she didn't even know how to greet the painting, so she started talking to the mother:"I found the Archangel laying on the street. His wing is broken and as I can't do anything with the animals, I thought that it's best for you to take a look," she said, taking few steps closer to all of them.

Actually she was already used to talking paintings. Not to talk about moving ones. Hogwarts was full of those. Even in Hufflepuff's common room there were some paintings what were offering some company not only to her, but as well for the other students. She didn't have any favourite ones, but they all looked kind of attractive. Not only because they were magical, but because she loved art.
Miseria Lupin

Number of posts : 3782

Back to top Go down

Post by Katherine Lupin Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:08 pm

"Archangel!" Katherine went to the bald eagle in Miseria's arms, "what happened?" She took the bird from Miseria and the bird squawked at her a couple of times. Katherine stroked him gently. Robert went over and they looked at him together. "He'll be fine, Mis," Robert finally said, "Thanks for bringing him. Miseria, this is Khaat's cousin Ted. Ted, this is our granddaughter-- Khaat's daughter, Miseria. "Khaat, we're going to take him to the barn and set and splint his wing. It shouldn't take long," Katherine said. "Miseria, your grandfather made a large pot of spiced peach hot tea. Get yourself a mug and try some. It really might become my new favorite." She and Robert excused themselves to go to the barn to treat Khaat's battered companion's wing.
Katherine Lupin
Katherine Lupin
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 150
Special Abilities : Medium, Talking to Birds, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top