Heres to the Night
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Heres to the Night Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Heres to the Night

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Heres to the Night Empty Heres to the Night

Post by Jonathan Hardcastle Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:28 am

Jonathan could feel himself internally weakening at the sight of her smile. To be blatantly honest, he fell for girls quite easily. He was exceptionally susceptible to crushes; more so than most males he knew. On the other hand, it was incredibly rare that he would actually act upon his feelings. In that case, the crush he had on Sophia was different than others. He felt as though he could trust her and trust was of the utmost importance. His only relationship, which had lasted two years, had ended in his girlfriend cheating on him with another student. Needless to say this evolved into him having severe trust issues with women.

When she accepted his invitation to dance, he could feel some of the tension drift away. At least he had gotten that part over with - no rejection as of yet. As he took her out onto the dance floor, he chuckled when she claimed she didn't think he would have showed up. He liked that she had been worried...she had obviously been both thinking about him and hoping he would show up. To be realistic, she could have just been hoping one of her friends came. He didn't need to get too ahead of himself. "Of course I came. How could I miss the opportunity to see you all dressed up?" he asked, trying to make it sound like a joke even though it wasn't one at all.

Once they got to a clear spot he put his hands on either side of her small waist. He kept her at a distance but held her somewhat more closely than causal friends may have held one another. His grip wasn't firm, so if she desired more distance it was easily obtainable. He didn't want to make anything more awkward than he was surely going to make it. Now his nerves were getting the best of him, "You, um, well you look beautiful," he murmured quietly.
Jonathan Hardcastle
Jonathan Hardcastle

Number of posts : 85

Back to top Go down

Heres to the Night Empty Re: Heres to the Night

Post by Sophia Granger Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:49 am

Sophia felt herself melt when he grabbed her soft small hand into his and lead her onto the dance floor with the other couples. Sophia laughed when he told her how could he miss the opportunity of her being all dressed up. "I don't know, I thought you being a guy you wouldn't like being here!"said Sophia laughing and giving him a soft warm smile. Sophia laughed to herself when she noticed there was some distance between them and she wanted so badly to be closer to him but she didn't want things to be awkward between them. If Sophia could have blushed she would have when she heard Johnathan told her she looked beautiful tonight. "Thankyou Johnathan, I must say you look sharp and handsome as always."said Sophia softly as her eyes widen as she said that. Sophia knew she fell for boys to easily, but herself Johnathan made her so happy when she was around him and she felt like she could trust him. Sophia had some really bad relationships she rathered not share with others, but she felt like Johnathan was different then the others and he would never hurt her.

Sophia felt her palms sweating as she had her arms warpped around his neck. "Oh perfect, just I need to sweat like a pig when I dancing with him!"Sophia thought to herself. "So what do you think of the dance so far?"Sophia asked him softly as they swayed to the beat. Sophia was really glad he showed up, for if he didn't Sophia wouldn't know waht to do with herself. "I'm really glad you showed up Johnathan.'said Sophia softly as she gave him a soft warm smile. Sophia wasn't ashame to admit that, for that was how she felt but she wasn't sure how he felt and she didn't want to ruin their friendship.
Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 11575

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Hardcastle Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:09 am

Most guys probably liked being there but wouldn't admit it. He figured that most males enjoyed seeing the girls all dolled up and everything. Besides, this was more than just a ball. They would be hearing whom their new minister was tonight. "I have my reasons for being here," he replied vaguely, far too embarrassed to admit these reasons to her, probably because she was one of the main reasons. Her smile was once again contagious, causing him to return it with his own. Jonathan didn't have very good control over blushing and that was exactly what happened when she told him he looked handsome. Hopefully she wouldn't be able to see that because of the dim lighting. "Thanks," he replied awkwardly, unsure of how to respond.

Jonathan was glad that he had asked her at the right moment. Thankfully it was a slow song, nothing too complicated. He wasn't exactly graceful or light on his feet - which would have made dancing any faster a more challenging. Also, she didn't dance in a way which made him believe that she wanted to do any sort of ballroom dancing, another perk. He just was a clumsy person in general. He was grateful that he hadn't stepped on her toes yet. At her question he responded, "It's everything I hoped for so far. I'm really glad I came." Returning the question he asked, "How about yourself?" She had been having fun with her friends before he'd been there...hopefully he hadn't ruined the fun for her. Though any thoughts of him being a fun-destroyer vanished when she said he was glad he'd showed up. He couldn't help but ask, "Why is that?"
Jonathan Hardcastle
Jonathan Hardcastle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Granger Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:25 am

Sophia looked at him and laughed. "Oh really, and what reasons would that be?"Sophia asked him laughing for she couldn't help herself. Though Sophia was sure he came to see who the new minister was tonight for that seems like that why everyone here besides to dance. "I'm here to see who the minister is, and because I love dances!"said Sophia almost telling the turth to him. Sophia hated lying but she didn't want to tell him she only came for that and to see if he would show up so they could dance together. "Your welcome Johnathan."when he told her thanks. Sophia was glad he asked her to dance on a slow dance, for Sophia was way better at slow dancing then fast pace dancing.

Sophia smiled when he said everything is what he hoped for. "Oh really, were you hoping I would dance with you?"Sophia asked him in a teasing voice. Returning the question she shrugged. "It was ok, I was really starting to get alittle bored itil you showed up."said Sophia honestly and truthfully. Sophia laughed when he asked why she was glad he had shown up. "I... Um... like I said, it was really starting to get alittle boring to me!"said Sophia quickly. Sophia knew she was acting abit strange and weird but she couldn't help herself, everything she was around him she gotten nervous and blurted out things without thinking.
Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Hardcastle Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:05 am

She had asked him the question her really preferred not to answer. He chose to not answer her in full truth but only partial. "Oh you know, to see who the new minister is and to see everyone all dressed up," he replied. And of course by 'everyone' he meant just her. But he wasn't about to say that out loud. He was fair too shy to ever make the first move on a girl. Though some would argue that him asking her to dance was a move all in itself. He chuckled when she claimed that she loved dances. For some reason that didn't come as much of a surprise to him.

At her question Jonathan's eyes fell downwards, "Yes," he replied, looking back up once again. "Yes I was hoping just for that." He gave her an awkward smile. His answer was serious despite her teasing tone. She was bored until he showed up? This certainly ruffled his confidence feathers a little bit. He laughed, "Glad I could save you from the boredom," he teased. He was a little put off by her reason to be happy to see him but he would take what he could get. She seemed to be a little off, something about her just didn't seem like the usual Sophia. "You okay? You're just not acting like yourself..."
Jonathan Hardcastle
Jonathan Hardcastle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Granger Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:49 am

Sophia looked at him and nodded. "Oh really are you sure you just didn't come to see me all dressed up?"Sophia asked him in a teasing voice. Sophia didn't want to get her hopes by thinking he came to see her dressed up when he really came to see who the new minister was. "I wonder who the new minister going to be?"Sophia asked him hoping it was someone good. Sophia seen him chuckle when she said she loved dances. "What I do, although I don't get to dance much I still enjoy them for I love dressing up!'said Sophia softly giving him a soft warm smile.

When he said yes when she ask if he was hoping she'll dance with him Sophia looked at him shocked. Sophia smiled back when he said he was hoping for that. "Well to be honest with you, so was I."said Sophia giving him a sofft warm smile. "I'm glad you saved me from my boredom as well."said Sophia softly as she danced softly and lightly with him. When he asked her if she was ok for she wasn't acting herself she swallowed hard. "Um... yeah I'm fine, sorry if I don't seem that way!"said Sophia softly. Of course she was nervous for she was close to him but not that close but more closer then friends would be.
Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Hardcastle Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:33 pm

Jonathan chuckled nervously, "You caught me." He made it sound as though he was joking around with her even though he was actually speaking the truth. Her question made him pause for a moment; there were many choices for Minister making it exceptionally hard to predict who it would be. "I have no idea who its going to be. Do you have any guesses?" he asked, wondering if she knew more about the situation than him. He had never been one who really enjoyed politics; they seemed to cause more problems than anything at least in this time and age. He was surprised to hear that she didn't dance all that much at balls. Surely she had enough people who were wanting to dance with her. The song ended and he knew it would probably be polite to let her go and mingle but he continued to hold her as the next slow song filled the room. Hopefully she wouldn't be annoyed and if she was...well that would be a pretty good sign that she didn't feel the same way about him.

There was that blushing again. But she could have only wanted to dance with him because he was a male friend who enjoyed that sort of thing. He still let himself cling onto that little bit of hope though he didn't say anything in response. It was amazing how light on her feet she was - being a vampire probably helped her with that sort of thing but he wasn't really sure. He regretfully didn't know all that much about vampires. He smiled when she claimed she was fine, "Sorry if that was a weird question," he replied with a nervous chuckle. He subtly, though it really wasn't all that subtle, pulled her closer though still with a somewhat respectful distance between the two of them. "Are you nervous about graduating?" he asked rather randomly. He just didn't want her to put too much thought into him closing the distance between the two of them.
Jonathan Hardcastle
Jonathan Hardcastle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Granger Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:16 am

Sophia laughed her tinkling bell laugh and smiled. "Hey at lease you spoke the truth, to be honest with you I mainly came here to dance with you."said Sophia softly blushing if she could. Sophia shrugged when he asked her if she thought the new Minister was going to be. "I don't know, I heard it was going to be Professor Wilson but god I sure hope not!"said Sophia softly. "Sorry, I really don't like him he treats us like a bunch of morons at lease he does the seventh years."said Sophia softly. "I never liked politics I just like to go with the flow."said Sophia honestly. "Although things were going pretty bad until the order took over the ministry, I just hope things start to get better."said Sophia softly. As the song ended she noticed he didn't let go of her but waited for the next slow dance song and danced with her which made her inside leap for joy. Of course Sophia didn't want to let go of him for she wanted to saty like this for the rest of the night.

Sophia felt so much then just friends,but she didn't want to ruin there friendship over her liking him and he didn't feel the same way. Although Sophia would feel alittle hurt and upset if he didn't. but she'll get over it soon with alittle help. But Sophia had that little hope in her stomach that he felt the same way about her bu she didn't want to budge over it. Sophia laughed when he said sorry if that sounded like a weird question. "No it didn't Johnahtan, you were just worried and concern about me which is fine I like it when you worry about me."said Sophia giving him a soft warm smile. When he pulled her closer she felt her insides melt and she couldn't help to smile at how much closer they were to each other; it wasn't much but it made Sophia smile. When he asked if she was nervous about graduating she nodded. "Yeah I am alittle, for it's a big world out there I just hope I don't get over my head.'"said Sophia softly. Of course Sophia was a smart girl and made top marks on her tests but that wouldn't help her in real life.
Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Hardcastle Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:49 pm

Jonathan stiffened at her words; both out of surprise and awkwardness. This wasn't really happening, was it? This couldn't be real. He tried not to let his confusion show but it was more than likely clearly visible. Thankfully the conversation swiftly transitioned to talk about the new minister and he was saved from having to respond. He pulled a face when she mentioned Wilson. He didn't really know the bloke well, he didn't take Defense Against the Dark Arts, but the professor's reputation certainly preceded him. "I haven't heard anything positive about him. Hopefully he won't be the one taking the Minister position," he agreed. He chuckled when she mentioned that she didn't really like politics. "Yeah, they're not really my thing either. They're just corrupt no matter what." He hoped for things to get better as well but he felt as though he didn't really need to vocalize that; it was obvious that he would agree with her. Thankfully she showed no signs of wanting to leave or go dance with someone else. He wasn't annoying her yet or at least she wasn't showing it if he was.

She liked it when he worried about her? Really? Well that had to be a good sign, right? He certainly thought so. Deciding to make a joke, which could be deemed either an appropriate or inappropriate move, he teased, "Well, I think now we need to worry more about me than you. I'm the mere human after all." He made sure to keep his voice low. That was one comment that no one needed to overhear. After his ballsy move to bring her closer, the corners of her lips tugged up into a smile. Another good sign. He smiled as she told him she was nervous about graduating. "I know you'll do fine. You have nothing to be nervous about.," he replied, giving her what he hoped was a comforting smile. "Do you know what you want to do?" It was a strange conversation to be having on the dance floor but it was something which didn't cause the butterflies in his stomach to go crazy.
Jonathan Hardcastle
Jonathan Hardcastle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Granger Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:03 am

Sophia looked at hinm with worry in her eyes when she seen him stiffened at her words. "Are you ok?"Sophia asked him softly not wanting him to be uncomfortable. Sophia shook it off when he started talking about Professor Wilson. "Thank goodness you don't know him, he's horrible and you know what's worse? he's the head of our house!"said Sophia sighing. Sophia nodded whne he said they're corrupt no matter what. "Yeah they are, and to be honest it's quite annoying."said Sophia softly. That was all that was in the Daily Prophet now days was stupid politics so Sophia stopped reaading it unless it was some good news every now and then which was rare. Sophia was surprised he kept dancing with her, she thought after one dance he would have gotten tired of her and danced with a prettier girl then her. Sophia knew there was girls at Hogwarts that were WAY more prettier then her.

Sophia laughed at his joke and nodded. "Indeed you are correct, but that's nothing that alittle bite can't take care of!"said Sophia teasing him back. Of course she was just teasing him and joking around with him as she always did. When she felt him moving in closer and seen him smile she smiled back at him for she loved his smile. Sophia nodded when he said she'll do fine. "I know I will, it's just Hogwarts has always been my second home I don't know if I' ready to leave it yet!"said Sophia softly. When he asked what she wanted to do she nodded. "I want to become a healer like my mother is, plus it always been a dream of mine helping others."said Sophia softly. "Johnahtan, why did you pick me to dance with you? Not that I mind for I love dancing with you, but there's WAY more prettier girls here then me!'said Sophia softly. Even though she said that she didn't want to pull away and she felt butterflies in her stomach once again which made her feel weird inside.
Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top