midnight wanderings - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

midnight wanderings - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

midnight wanderings

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

midnight wanderings - Page 2 Empty Re: midnight wanderings

Post by Elizabeth Eplee Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:46 am

Bah. I just saw on the announcements thing that it was the next match. My mistake ^^

-------------

Apparently Elizabeth hadn't been the only one who had taken notice of his gold making skills. The house elves were looking at him with awe. It was a little strange but humorous at the same time. She was still toying with the idea of taking up Alchemy, there certainly were benefits. Firstly, she had to be better at it than Care of Magical Creatures, there was no way she could be any worse. Secondly, it was always fun to be in a class with Scorpius, he had the ability to make even the most mundane classes enjoyable. She chuckled at his comment. "I guess I thought it might help me erm, well you know, keep any animals I own in the future alive," she replied, "But if I've learned anything from that class is that animals and I just aren't meant to be friends." Taking a sip from her pumpkin juice she mused, "But I think I may go talk to Majere about Alchemy."

Elizabeth feigned surprise, "Oh Slytherin's a favorite for the Quidditch Cup? I'm shocked." Slytherin was always at least in the top two; it was generally either them or Gryffindor. Quidditch was something that greatly interested Elizabeth and she knew why the Slytherin team was always so high in the rankings. They generally had the best brooms, most of the players being from families of wealth. They weren't afraid to play dirty which the other self-righteous houses seemed to think they were above. And of course there was just undeniable talent. "I don't really care who wins the Quidditch cup as long as it isn't Gryffindor." Her parents had raised her to think that house was despicable and she couldn't help but agree with them. Most of them got on her last nerve.

"I hear ya on that one," she agreed. There were a few ideas she had toyed around with but none of them really fit. There were three prospects which seemed more intriguing than the rest. The first would be to become an Unspeakable and have the chance to learn all of the secrets the Department of Mysteries held. That was nothing short of fascinating. Then there was the idea of coming back to Hogwarts as a professor...but of what class she wasn't entirely sure. Finally, becoming a historian was something else she had considered lately. Most found History of Magic dull but Elizabeth found it rather fascinating.

Julia Traverse. Elizabeth somewhat knew her, from classes and such. They were on friendly terms though they didn't know each other all that well. "Yeah, I know her. Not well or anything. But she's a nice girl. I approve," she added, flashing him a grin as though her approval had been exactly what he was seeking. She scoffed at his next comment. "Yeah, I'm sure you are. Girls generally invite guys to Valentine's dances just as friends all the time."
Elizabeth Eplee
Elizabeth Eplee

Number of posts : 242

Back to top Go down

Post by Scorpius Malfoy 1 Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:33 pm

(sorry for the delay, internet problems)
Having put the now gold sickle back inside his pocket, he turned and noticed all the house elves still watching them. It was a bit uncomfortable really, talking to Elizabeth in front of all the house elves. Luckily, they seemed to have read his mind, and wandered off again, after asking him if he wanted anything else, which he politely refused. Shrugging at her comment, Scorpius really doubted that even if Elizabeth took Care of Magical Creatures for the next ten years with the best teacher possible, it still wouldn't help her keep any of her pets alive for longer than a year. She was responsible in school work and all, but not so much when it came to animals. "If not for anything, you should take it to get into the Imperium Squad," Scorpius advised. "I've heard that Majere mostly brings people into the squad if you do well in his class. Though if thats the case, I'll never know why he added me to it." Other people would probably be more glad to get power like that. The squad members were equal to teachers, no one messed with them. Scorpius would probably have been very glad to be a member of the squad a month or so ago, but at the present he didn't really care about it. He had barely even used his power, besides sneaking out at night, which was obviously quite useful. His parents on the other hand, were quite ecstatic. It meant that he could get close to the the new headmaster, which was precisely what they wanted.

Scorpius rolled his eyes at her sarcasm, though she had a point. Everyone always thought that either Slytherin or Gryffindor would win the cup, and they usually did. Although every so often the other houses would surprise everyone. Laughing at her comment, Scorpius did sort of agree. He couldn't stand Gryffindor winning, but he wouldn't like Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw to win either. He was far more attached to his house then Elizabeth was.

"I dont see why your parents are so worried really," Scorpius said, shrugging again. "All you need is good marks, and then you can be anything once you graduate, and its not like you have a problem getting them." Unlike himself, who was just managing A's or E's in most his subjects and never even getting an Outstanding. It was something that angered his father, who expected him to excel at everything. They knew he had the potential, he just never worked hard really. It was a trait of most Malfoys.

"Im sure they do. But me and Julia are just friends, and I don't think that will change," he replied. He did like her and all, but he wasn't sure about her. There was also the problem with Rose, whom he had always liked, but they stayed away from each other due to family differences. He doubted his family would aprove of Julia either, who was half blood. They seemed to dislike everyone who was not pureblood.
Scorpius Malfoy 1
Scorpius Malfoy 1
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 710
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Post by Elizabeth Eplee Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:58 pm

(no problem)

As the house elves asked if they needed anything else, Elizabeth merely shook her head. She had already eaten quite the feast and she was going to have to run quite a bit the next day to burn those undesirable calories. She had been taught from a young age that obesity simply wasn't acceptable and she still held that belief. Whenever she saw someone who was absurdly overweight, she got this knot in the middle of her stomach as if she were about to regurgitate everything she had consumed that day. She knew it was shallow but she'd never claimed that she wasn't. It not only showed that the person lacked concern for their body but it also was a clear display of laziness. Laziness was completely and utterly unacceptable. Elizabeth chuckled at his comment about not being sure why he was on the Imperium Squad. "Even if you don't do all that well in his class, you did inherit the Malfoy name which I'm sure is something he appreciates," she commented honestly. "I bet your parents are pleased." Not to say that her parents wouldn't be proud if she accomplished the same thing. The idea of being on the Imperium Squad was tempting, mainly because of the power which the members possessed. "I imagine it would be nice to have that sort of power," she mused aloud. Power was something that had always been of importance to her but wasn't it important to everyone, at least to some extent?

The rivals that existed between the houses confused her to some degree. Though she understood that the Gryffindor-Slytherin rivalry dated back to the origins of the school, the others she had a more difficult time understanding. Due to the main rivalry, Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs were pitted against each other which Elizabeth thought was stupid. Hufflepuffs were just the leftovers, people who weren't exceptional enough in other fields to gain entrance to the remaining houses. She was annoyed by nearly everyone in that house. They were a little too friendly and desperate in her opinion.

Elizabeth smiled warmly at his compliment though she wished it held more truth. Her parents surely enjoyed that their daughter got good marks but thought she lacked ambition because she had no idea what she was going to do after school. "You'd think they'd be happy," she replied with an agitated tone. "They just want me to go ahead and figure it out so they can brag to their friends about whatever I decide to do." That sounded rather conceited, as though she was destined for great things, but her parents could put a good spin on even the dullest of jobs. They had that talent for making the most mundane things seem interesting and exciting.

Shrugging her shoulders at his comment about he and Julia probably staying friends she replied, "If you say so Scorp." Though now her curiosity was peeked. Surely he had some sort of love interest. Elizabeth had that annoying trait which provoked her to be interested in everyone's love life - subconsciously trying to make up for the lack of her own. "So if not Julia, who is the lucky lady?" she asked with a childish smile on her face. Scorpius was probably used to her badgering him about the ladies; she'd been like this for as long as she could remember.
Elizabeth Eplee
Elizabeth Eplee

Number of posts : 242

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top