The Future
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

The Future Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

The Future

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Future Empty The Future

Post by Jess Potter Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:09 pm

Hey guys. As you may or may not have noticed, the order has been rather inactive of late. This is due to the death eaters being unwilling to RP, which is really, real annoying... anyway, i want to know what yu guys want the order to do now. I've had some ideas about trying to overthrow the ministry, which i think would be surprisingly easy, or do we turn our attention to eradicating the death eaters once and for all? Or do we simply sit about and do nothing, like we are now. Really we need to find something to do which wouldn't nescessarily require the other faction to be active, as we're the most active one at the moment, and we shouldn't have to do nothing, just because the others can't get the activeness together. Post any ideas you have here please Very Happy
Jess

Last edited by Jess Potter on Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

The Future Empty Re: The Future

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:21 pm

I have wanted to do both of those plots for a very long time now, Jess. But, as you said, the Order was very inactive. I think we must make our posts in the order much like classes, that they continue whether or not everyone posts. The Order does not appear to be a vital threat in these days, and I, for one, would like to see that to change drastically. I will help in any way I can. So--maybe we need to take over the ministry first, and then either ally with the fringe factions or take them over as well. Leave the DE's for last.

Thoughts?
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22721
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:23 pm

Which fringe factions? Half blood resistance and DA? I don't think the CoL limitations would affect any of us anymore, as they're kind of dead. Yes, i agree, we were TOLD by the leader of the DEs when we could try and rescue the students, and that's what sort of tipped me over the edge and made me not want to participate in it
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Lestrange Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:28 pm

Alright, I will have a talk with Lucius as an Admin and tell him that they should really get active!! I think the Ministry Idea is good...really good!! I CALL NEW MINISTER ROFL!!!!
Facepalm I am soooooooo cool *sarcasm*

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 6872

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:31 pm

I think Ne'os did in another thread Razz
But you're a sub branch of the Order if it happens, or ally... or you do similar to what i say, something like that. My my, it looks as though my idea is turning out quite popular.

Another thing i was thinking of doing was making more order ranks, and having it more militaristic, have squads of people and what not. Maybe lower the joining age?
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:34 pm

Is, or could we make, Potter Army a junior rank of the Order, and as they age, they could step up to the adult ranks if they choose. Not sure how that structure works.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:38 pm

Maybe. Coming forth to them with that idea could be a good idea. Maybe lower the age to 15?
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:45 pm

What is the current age? Wasn't Harry Potter a member of the Order about that age in the original cannon? (Brain works better on more coffee than I've had at this pre-dawn hour--LOL)
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:53 pm

Nah, he wasn't ever actually a member for all of the series. The age was, and is 17. But, seeing as the bulk of members are students, maybe lwering it would increase member activity?
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:11 pm

Well, that depends on whether we opt to offer to annex Potter's Army. I'm thinking that perhaps we need to remember that if we do that we are asking younger students to perhaps take on life and death battles if they do that. Not that they wouldn't do that anyway, but if we lower it to 15, have they even gotten to Newt level classes? I would hope we wouldn't consider that until they have at least entered newt level DADA and charms classes in order to at least defend themselves. Maybe 16?
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top