the Decay of Living.
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

the Decay of Living. Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

the Decay of Living.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

the Decay of Living. Empty the Decay of Living.

Post by Ginevra Malenki Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:14 am

the Decay of Living. 2pqt9aw

Okay, so the links are posted below to parts of the site but if you are going to join, don't do it until Tuesday. We're only opening up for people on my other site TNC for today. We welcome people who want originals but they must be muggles. If you want a wizard/etc, you have to take a canon character. The rules must be looked at if anyone wants to join, as there is a big difference between this site and my new one. So again, no signing up until Tuesday if anyone wants too!

IN THE MODERN WORLD, THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS "PEACE." THE MINISTRY OF MAGIC KNWS THIS- YET, EVER SINCE THE FALL OF THE DARK LORD IT HAS BEEN THEIR MOTTO. PEACE. IT'S ALL THEY APPARENTLY CARE ABOUT ANYMORE: KEEPING THE WIZARDING WORLD SAFE FROM ANOTHER UPRISING. FOR TEN YEARS, EVERYTHING WAS FINE. FOR FIFTEEN, LIFE WAS OKAY- EVEN IF PEOPLE WERE STARTING TO GET UNEASY. IT'S BEEN TWENTY-EIGHT YEARS NOW, AND THE MINISTRY IS STILL MAINTAINING THE IDEA THAT THE WORLD CAN BE PEACEFUL. TO MAKE SURE EVERYTHING GOES ACCORDING TO PLAN, THEY'VE BEEN OBSERVING THE PUBLIC FOR THE PST TWELVE MONTHS. SPECIALLY TRAINED TEAMS WITHIN A HUSH-HUSH SUBDIVISION OF THE MINISTRY HAVE COME TO THE FOLLOWING CONCLUSIONS ABOUT WIZARDING SOCIETY... AND PEOPLE AREN'T AS PEACEFUL AS THEY HAD HOPED.

THE ANTITHESIS

THE ANTITHESIS DOESN'T BELIEVE IN ANYTHING THE MINISTRY SAYS. THEY ARE GENERALLY RATHER PARANOID- AND ARE UNIVERSALLY PUREBLOODED. THOUGH "DEATH EATERS" NO LONGER EXIST, THEIR GRANDCHILDREN DO. WHILE THE MINISTRY PROMOTES THE IDEA THAT EVERY WITCH AND WIZARD IS EQUAL, THE ANITHESIS BRINGS TO LIGHT JUST HOW UNTRUE THAT IS; SINCE THE COLLAPSE OF VOLDEMORT, PUREBLOODS WHO HELD PRIDE IN THEIR ANCESTRY HAVE BECOME A TARGET FOR PEOPLE FULL OF RAGE ABOUT THE INJUSTICE THAT OCCURRED DURING VOLDEMORT'S REIGN. GROUPS OF THE ANTITHESIS ARE PREDOMINATELY PACIFISTIC... MAINLY BECAUSE THEY KNOW THAT THEY'RE IN NO POSITION TO START A WAR. EVEN SO, YOU CAN HEAR THEIR ANGRY RANTS ABOUT SUPPRESSION. THERE ARE MURMURINGS OF AN UPRISING, BUT THE MINISTRY HAS NO REASON TO BELIEVE IT'S HAPPENING ANY TIME SOON.

THE REVOLUTION

DURING THE SECOND WIZARDING WAR, PEOPLE LIVED IN FEAR. BLOODTRAITORS, MUGGLEBORNS, SQUIBS- THEY ALL HAD REASONS TO WORRY. NOWADAYS, EVEN IF THE MINISTRY IS BOASTING EQUALITY FOR ALL, THEY DON'T NECESSARILY BELIEVE THEM. THEY'RE SCARED. THEIR PARENTS AND GRANDPARENTS FOUGHT NOBLEY DURING THE WARS, BUT THESE PEOPLE DON'T QUITE UNDERSTAND THAT. THEY HEAR THE RANTS OF THE ANTITHESIS AND FREAK OUT. UNLIKE THE ANTITHESIS, THEY HAVE THE NUMBERS TO ESCALADE TO VIOLENCE- AND THEY DO, OCCASIONALLY. THEY'RE NOT ALL CRAZY, BUT FEAR CAN DO BAD THINGS TO GOOD PEOPLE. THERE MAY NOT ACTUALLY BE ANYTHING TO FIGHT- YET- BUT THEY'RE READY... FOR JUST ABOUT ANYTHING. AND BELIEVE YOU ME, WHEN THEY START FIGHTING, THEY WON'T STOP UNTIL THEY'VE WON. NO MATTER THEIR LOSSES.

THE ADAPTABLES

THE CRAZE OVER BLOOD PURITY DIDN'T GO AWAY WHEN THE DARK LORD FELL, JUST THE VIOLENCE SURROUNDING IT. BY FAR THE MOST PUBLIC AND VOCAL GROUP, THE ADAPTABLES DON'T ACTUALLY HAVE A NAME THAT THEY CALL THEMSELVES, SO THE MINISTRY JUST GAVE THEM A NICKNAME. WHY THE ADAPTABLES? WELL, THE ADAPTABLES ARE COUSINS OF THE ANTITHESIS- OCCASIONALLY LITERALLY. BUT WHILE THE ANTITHESIS LOOKS DOWN AT MUGGLEBORNS AND SQUIBS, ETCETERA, THE ADAPTABLES OFFER THEM A CHANCE TO CHANGE. THEY HOLD THEIR BLOOD PURITY HIGH ABOVE THEM- AND THEY WANT OTHERS TO BE ABLE TO FEEL HOW WONDERFUL IT IS TO BE PURE. THE ADAPTABLES TREAT BLOOD PURITY MORE AS A PHILOSOPHY OF LIFE, AND WILL TRY AND CONVERT ANYONE THEY THINK WOULD BE INTERESTED; BY PUTTING THEIR FAMILY ON A FIVE GENERATION PLAN TO BLOOD PURITY. SO FAR, THEY'RE NOT DOING SO WELL, AND THE MINISTRY DOESN'T SEE THEM AS A BIG THREAT.

THE CIVILIANS

OUT OF ALL THE GROUPS THE MINISTRY HAS WATCHED, THE CIVILIANS ARE THE MOST FAVORED. WHY? BECAUSE THEY LEAVE EVERYONE ELSE THE HELL ALONE. THEY'RE THE MOST LIKELY TO HAVE AWFUL LOVE TRIANGLES- MAINLY BECAUSE THEY DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT ANY IMPENDING REVOLUTIONS OR ANYTHING- BUT THAT REALLY ONLY HARMS THEMSELVES. FOR THE MOST PART, THESE PEOPLE JUST DO THEIR THING, WHATEVER THAT MIGHT BE. AS LONG AS THEY'RE NOT PROVOKED, THEY'LL STAY IN THEIR LITTLE TRACK OF LIFE, AND THEY'LL BE PERFECTLY HAPPY.

THE MINISTRY

THESE PEOPLE DON'T SIDE WITH ANYTHING OTHER THAN THE GOOD OLD MINISTRY- THEY'RE THE PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY BELIEVE THAT THE WORLD CAN BE PEACEFUL. MOST OF THE TIME, THESE PEOPLE HAVE NO POWER... AFTER ALL, IF THEY HAD POWER, HOW COULD THEY ACTUALLY BELIEVE IN PEACE? DESPITE BEING "THEIR OWN KIND" THE TEAMS OBSERVING EVERYONE AREN'T REALLY BIG FANS OF THE WORKER BEES. WHY? WELL, THEY'RE A BIT TOO SERIOUS MOST OF THE TIME... BUT AT LEAST THEY DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT THEM CAUSING ANY PROBLEMS. BECAUSE, AFTER ALL, THESE PEOPLE JUST WANT TO FIX PROBLEMS.

WHERE DO YOU BELONG?
WATCH YOUR BACK- YOU NEVER KNOW WHO MIGHT BE WATCHING.
THE RULES || CANON LIST || PLAYBY CLAIM || ADVERTISING
- - - - - - - - - - - - WELCOME TO THE DECAY OF LYING.

Comments & questions are welcome. (:
Ginevra Malenki
Ginevra Malenki

Number of posts : 13516
Special Abilities : Wandless

Back to top Go down

the Decay of Living. Empty Re: the Decay of Living.

Post by Darren Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:17 am

This isn't only for 'literate' people is it? =p
Darren
Darren

Number of posts : 22273
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Leglimens,

Back to top Go down

Post by Ginevra Malenki Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:15 am

As long as posts are over 800 words, any level is fine. xD
I'm not sure if you'd call that literate. I don't think you would. (:
More semi-literate there.
Ginevra Malenki
Ginevra Malenki

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingsley Shacklebolt Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:19 am

800 words.. my oh my

I don't like how people post that much words in a single post, I mean.. those posts just include a lot of muse that no one actually reads... so why write it?

Oh well, no point posting the link here then if the minimum is 800 words! I think only 2-3 members can post over 800 here, or can be bothered to.
Kingsley Shacklebolt

Number of posts : 1463

Back to top Go down

Post by Ginevra Malenki Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:21 am

People do actually read it, and 800 words isn't too hard if you know how to describe things and go into detail. Posting the link here does a have a point, I think, since every site makes a difference. & just because you're not interested, doesn't mean other's that can reach that wont be interested themselves.
Ginevra Malenki
Ginevra Malenki

Back to top Go down

Post by Ginevra Malenki Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:23 am

I'd also like to correct myself and say that it's 500 words, not 800.
Ginevra Malenki
Ginevra Malenki

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum