Sifting through my memories - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Sifting through my memories - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Sifting through my memories

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sifting through my memories - Page 2 Empty Re: Sifting through my memories

Post by James Wake Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:05 pm

"Well, if I recall correctly, they only cause you to forget what happiness is. If that were true, then they have already passed me by." He leaned back into his seat. Good. Somehow, he had delved deeper into the girl's psyche. Lucky break, he figured. He did not expect her to give up so much about herself, but her question put him off guard. He never really considered facing off with a Dementor. "Tell me, do you remember what happiness is?"
James Wake
James Wake

Number of posts : 1329
Special Abilities : Can understand Werewolves

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:09 pm

"I don't believe it matters so much anymore." Dora said carefully. "Dementors are curious creatures I find. They take everything from you, a happy thought or even a flicker of hope until there is nothing left but suppressed memories and open space..."

Dora tapped her palm with her coloured nails and pushed some of her hair back out of her eyes. She blew a piece away and began to battle with the lock of hair that didn't want to stay with the rest. A rebellious one.

"Dementors aren't the most forgiving." Dora said airily. "But who could blame them, they haven't got the best job in the world after all."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by James Wake Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:21 am

"I think there's a reason why they act so ferociously- I think they're simply incomplete." James was surprised as to where the conversation was going. He was going to have to tease out bits and pieces of information. He was glad he had chosen Dementors- of all the magical creatures the world had to offer, Dementors were the ones he liked the most. Forever seeking the satisfaction of happiness at the cost of another's. Never true happiness, but merely the phantom of such a concept.
James Wake
James Wake

Number of posts : 1329
Special Abilities : Can understand Werewolves

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:10 am

"Is it just them, then?" Dora questioned, her voice level but it still held the edge from her screaming earlier. "No wizard or witch are complete. If everyone was then there would be no war and certainly no need for the hatred that falls around this place like the smell of a Hippogriff that had something bad for lunch."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Bridgeton Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:00 am

Nathaniel was sleeping, loudly in the dormitories; his feets hung off, casually off the bed and in his hand was a book, inside was a picture of a girl he had a crush on. To his dismay he knew he had heard somebody screaming -- a girl screaming more like it and he had jumped and fallen out of his bed. He picked up his wand from the table and started to head down stairs to see what had happen. "Death Eaters?" he thought to himself.

"What happen?" asked Nathan, frantically as he raced down the stairs to see what happen, he looked at each and every one of them, one at a time. "I heard somebody screaming," he said more calmly. Then started to put his wand away into his red short pants he used for sleeping or for sports - everything seem to be fine he must've dream't it but didn't know. "So much for a good night sleep," he thought as he waited patiently for an answer from either of them.
Nathan Bridgeton
Nathan Bridgeton

Number of posts : 186

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:01 pm

Dora turned at the sound of someone bounding down the stairs and she looked up to see a boy with dark hair rushing down to see what had happened. Evidently by the look of him Dora had woken him up. She hadn't intended to but it seemed he'd had a rude awakening and she couldn't help but feel guilty that she'd woken him from a slumber which was probably well deserved.

"I am really sorry." Dora apologized, biting down on her bottom lip - a habit that she had picked up when she found herself in increasingly awkward positions. "I didn't have time to put up a silencing charm I just ..."

Dora trailed off, not really sure what she was supposed to say. 'I'm sorry but I have memory relapses that can take me at any point'. That wasn't a great thing to tell someone even if that person seemed genuinely worried.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Bridgeton Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:59 pm

Nathan smiled at her and started to walk toward the couch and sit down. "It's okay. We all have that happen to us before," said Nathan as he put the book he was holding onto on the table, not noticing that half of the picture was showing. "Not your fault," he continued to reassure her. He could remember times when he had memory relapse - they weren't nice. Always hard to sleep afterward as well. He could understand why she had screamed and had looked a little shaken at the moment.
Nathan Bridgeton
Nathan Bridgeton

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:43 pm

"You don't have to be so understanding though." Dora persisted. "I woke you up and that's hardly fair. I may be a raging insomaniac - maybe not so much raging but it isn't fair to wake others up; purposely or not." Dora wrung her hands together, another nervous habit and bit her lip.

She couldn't help but feel sorry for the boy she'd woken up. He looked shattered and she had successfully deprived him of sleep.
"I am so sorry.." she mumbled.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Bridgeton Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:47 pm

"I want to understand," Nathan chuckled, smiling warmly at her. Of course he did understand - memory relapse weren't fun. "Not that i don't," nodded Nathan as he looked at her carefully, watching as she wrung her hand and continued to bite her lips. The expression on her face obviously showed the nervousness in her body. He thought of something, he had too much christmas lollie bags maybe he could cheer her up with some chocolates and lollies; he considered on this. "Um. Hold on," he said getting up on his feet then headed back upstairs to get one lolliebag and a card.
Nathan Bridgeton
Nathan Bridgeton

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:43 pm

This is awkward Amadora. A little voice in the back of her head taunted. Unfortunately it took on the voice of her late mother. She scowled at the thought of her being able to manipulate her from the grave but thankfully it was only a sentence and she felt the ease of her father once more as he soothed her.

Dora must have been crazy to rely on voices in her head. It was weird to say the least and she wasn't quite sure why she was the one being spoken to. She was nothing and no one special. She was just Amadora Lunel - the girl without a family unless one counted the gold-diggers which were known as Antoinette and Lucien Lunel. Not the nicest of people in the world. She hated her siblings with a passion and would have gladly had them sentenced to the Dementors Kiss if it weren't for the lack of Ministry Influence among other things.

Dora watched as the boy disappeared back to his room and she felt a pang of guilt as well as some confusion. He'd told her to wait and that didn't mean much to her. She'd been forced to wait her entire life - what were another ten minutes? She wasn't exactly sure what he had gone to fetch but whatever it was he hadn't helped her self-loathing that had piled up after his awakening. She couldn't help but feel guilty. It was as if that was the only emotion she knew now. She was numb. Still, after all this time.

Numb.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top