Introduction to the Professor
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Introduction to the Professor Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Introduction to the Professor

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Introduction to the Professor Empty Introduction to the Professor

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:50 pm

Khaat felt fairly confident in meeting this professor. She had been raised in a community that had equal amounts of muggles and wizards and yet the muggles lived in blissful ignorance of it. She understood muggles as well as she understood wizards--sometimes better. Sometimes the wizarding world seemed so dark and complicated that she sometimes envied the muggles in their innocence. She wanted this man to know that she was someone who also believed that wizards and witches needed to understand muggles and how different their worlds were. It was Khaat's belief that at some point the worlds would collide, and when it did, she believed one of the two factions needed to be informed and prepared. She looked forward to being whatever help to this educator that she could be. She rapped sharply and properly on his office door.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22716
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Introduction to the Professor Empty Re: Introduction to the Professor

Post by James William Wilson Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:16 pm

''Enter... but remember the note... if you are here to irritate me... you will see the grounds from the small window of my office. Now, enter'', Wilson said.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Number of posts : 1085

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:42 am

"I'm not here to irritate you, Professor," Khaat said quietly, entering, "I'm Khaat--Khaat Lupin. I've been hired as a substitute teacher here, and I wanted to meet the professors to offer my help in whatever capacity I can. I was raised in a muggle community where the magical community has been kept secret there for countless generations. I have lived knowing both worlds, and I hope I can be of some service to you. I think your course is going to be far more important to these young minds than they can now appreciate."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James William Wilson Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:31 am

''You are a Lupin? Are you related to Remus? If you are, you must also be one. What jolly. I have not had the pleasure to meet many werewolves, brilliant people, I must say. But I do not see how that helps you with my subject... DADA possibly, but Muggle Studies? What did you have in mind?'', Wilson asked.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Number of posts : 1085

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:09 pm

"Well, as far as I know, Professor, I am not a werewolf. I have never made that dreaded change that plagued my famous uncle. And, yes, he did train me very well in DADA matters before I came to Hogwarts years ago. However, I think you would find me quite useful to your muggle studies. I was raise, and still live, in a muggle community in Cornwall. The Lupin family farm is there in a remote rural area just outside a fishing village on the coast. My father is a potionsmaster and he works at the local apothecary. He dispenses medications to muggles as a muggle pharmacist, but he also formulates and sells potions to the magical folk who live there.

"You see, we have as many magical folk as we do muggles, and we have been able to keep our magical folk secret for generations. I grew up knowing the muggle world as well as I do my own. I even own a muggle car that I use when getting around the muggle community so I can blend in. I would think a witch who is equally comfortable around muggles as she is around her own kind might be of value to you. And, as I said, I believe our young students underestimate how important it is going to be for them to understand muggles, as close as our communities are becoming. "
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top