In the Murky Gloom There's an Evil Plan
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

In the Murky Gloom There's an Evil Plan Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

In the Murky Gloom There's an Evil Plan

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

In the Murky Gloom There's an Evil Plan Empty In the Murky Gloom There's an Evil Plan

Post by Guest Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:31 am

There was a crack, and a moment later, Lyra appeared under a dense canopy which blocked all but the strongest rays of sunlight. She didn't bother with a mask or robe. The curious foliage of the Forbidden Forest would make wearing a robe a hazard, and she was too far in for concealing her identity to be necessary.

Immediately, Lyra pulled her wand from its holster and performed the point me spell. Then, sure she had her directions right, she set off in the direction of the lake. It wasn't long before the land began to get grassy, and she knew she was in the place Lucius had spoken of. The way in was literally through one of the huge rocks in front of her, but that wasn't why Lyra was here. Her wards would begin long before anyone could even see this clearing.

She walked through the forest, toward the school this time, and stopped when she could no longer see the clearing, but couldn't yet see Hogwarts. The first charms were simple, common things. They were used often by St Mungos, and indeed, a variation protected Hogwarts itself, so her use ought to go undetected by both staff and students.

On the other side of the, well, call it a hideout, the wards got stronger. Every hiding place needed a back door and this one was no different. Unfortunately, this back door came out unnervingly near an acromantula nest, so she made it one way only.

Closer to the front entrance, Lyra's wards gave way to alarm spells. If, by some chance, the staff of Hogwarts, the Auror Department, or the Order of the Phoenix did attempt to attack them here, they would need the time to not only clear out, but to move the hostages as well.

Done with the outside, Lyra moved to the entrance, tapped it with her wand and said the appropriate incantation. It stood and moved aside to allow her access to a hole directly below it.

She bowed and thanked it before dropping into the cave below. Sure, some things felt stupid, but some things were also better than being pummelled to death by a standing stone.

The cave was dimly lit by a phosphorescence and Lyra wondered how long it had been since anyone had been down here. Not that long, she remembered, for Lucius had been here quite recently.

She began to walk through the maze of underground tunnels, adding interior defences to places of structural fragility.

((Adult Death Eaters may begin to arrive now))
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

In the Murky Gloom There's an Evil Plan Empty Re: In the Murky Gloom There's an Evil Plan

Post by Guest Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:39 am

After her little expedition to catch up with the first set of hostages, Lyra needed to bring them all through the wards safely; the reason she'd been the one to set them in the first place.

"If you get any feelings, like someone's watching you, or you need to be somewhere else, do your best to ignore it," she told Scorpius and Jennifer as she led them to the temporary meeting place.

Standing in front of the large stone, Lyra set the hostages on the ground and turned back to the students.

"Okay, here's the thing. Oh, damn. Muffilatio," she flicked her wand carelessly at Albus and Rose. "Now, you have to bow to the stone and thank it before you go in, or it will kill you. Don't ask, just do it."

With that, Lyra tapped her own wand on the stone, then bowed to it, thanked it, and levitated the hostages down the hole before swinging herself in after them. They probably got a little bruised, for the opening was narrow, but they'd be more than bruised by the end of the day.

She moved them out of the way and made space for Scorpius and Jennifer to follow.

The following four posts are reserved for Scorpius, Jennifer, Albus and Rose in whichever order they post in.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

In the Murky Gloom There's an Evil Plan Empty Re: In the Murky Gloom There's an Evil Plan

Post by Scorpius Malfoy 1 Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:38 am

Scorpius followed Lyra sadly, but thinking that he had probably prooved himself to the others in his family by now. Shrugging, he bowed to the stone, thinking of how stupid it looked, and thanked it with a monotonous tone. Scorpius then followed Lyra through the hole eventaully reaching the cave, where they petrified bodies of Albus and Rose, now cut and bruised, were there. He avoided looking directly at Rose, and sat down on the ground, exhausted. "What are we going to do with them?" he asked, in a would be a casual voice.
Scorpius Malfoy 1
Scorpius Malfoy 1
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 710
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Post by Jennifer Hutson Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:19 pm

Jennifer frowned and followed Lyra as they came up to the hideout they were going to be keeping the captured. Jennifer did as she was told and bowed to the stupid, huge rock. She then follow Scorpius and Lyra into the cave and landed near the others. She couldn't wait until she could do little missions like this on her own. To be trusted by the most powerful of the Death Eaters. But for now she would do as she was told. She walked up to Lyra as she finished dealing with the petrified ones. "I need to know who is the ones who are going to be capturing Ne'os's wife. Lucius told me to keep Ne'os busy and I want to make sure of the area they are going to be taking his wife so I know where not to lead him. Most likely we will be fighting and I will be busy keeping him from the area and this is why I need to know where it is going to be. That is if you know where it is going to be." She asked Lyra hoping that she didn't take it the wrong way, she was not in the mood for another fight right after the one from before. She wanted to keep all her energy for fighting Ne'os.
Jennifer Hutson
Jennifer Hutson

Number of posts : 262

Back to top Go down

Post by Scorpius Malfoy 1 Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:43 pm

"Smart plan by my grandfather isn't it," Scorpius said bitterly, rolling his eyes. "Making you go to keep Ne'os busy. It might work, but obviously you'll end up dead, seeing that he has the Dark Lords wand. But then again, perhaps thats the way my grandfather wants you to be: dead," he mused. Well it was true, no one really liked Jennifer, and Scorpius sure as hell didn't care whether she was alive or not.
Scorpius Malfoy 1
Scorpius Malfoy 1
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:05 am

Rose laid there as she heard an annoying unidentifiable buzzing in her hears, she knew it was the Muffliato Spell which makes you not hear nearby conversations. As she felt the Full Body-Bind Curse wearing off of her she knew she couldn't escape seeing how she had ropes all over her body making it hard for her to breath. As she looked at Scorpiuss with hate in her eyes she advoided them lookinbg at them for she fet so much anger and hurt. "God I can't believe I trusted him, what an idiot I am!"Rose thought to hrself as she just laid there not able to move because of the ropes tightly around her. "God I'm going to die here, by either being tortured to death or by these ropes so there's no point at trying to escape."Rose thought bitterly.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Jennifer Hutson Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:37 am

Jennifer heard what Scorpius said and she was ready to take his head off. She wasn't going to sit there and take it anymore. The only reason she didn't say anything earlyer is because she didn't want anything with the plan to go wrong. So she slowly turned towards Scorpius with a very angry face. "What did you just say? I would have you know that I have fought him before and I almost won once. I am still here and I will do very well tonight. If I have to I will kill him. No thanks to you." Jennifer said to him.

She turned back to Lyra and said "The only reason that we had to fight these two out there is because he almost gave us away with his love for the girl there. If he had just done it my way and captured them as soon as we got into the forest we would have been done much sooner. What if they had gotten away, huh? Then everything would have been ruined thanks to him." She said to Lyra, now feeling good with herself she walked over to a peice of wall and sat down by slowly sliding down the wall.
Jennifer Hutson
Jennifer Hutson

Back to top Go down

Post by Scorpius Malfoy 1 Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:14 am

Scorpius grabbed his wand and stood up. Jennifer was dangerous, and he didn't doubt that she would attack him for his constant insults. "I'm sure you will Jennifer," Scorpius said with a sneer.

as Jennifer started complaining to Lyra, Scorpius started to get a little annoyed. "Well nothing bad happened did it?" Scorpius said angrily. "And that wasn't even the reason they tried to escape. It was because of you actually, you took out your wand way to early. I mean seriously, are you honestly this stupid? Or are you making a special effor today?" he said, in a really bad mood now. He still avoided looking at Rose and looked at Albus instead, whos eyes were locked on him. Scorpius looked away quickly.
Scorpius Malfoy 1
Scorpius Malfoy 1
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jennifer Hutson Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:19 am

Jennifer stood back up and walked a little closer to Scorpius. She could tell that he was just trying to cover his tail now. "Oh really. Then how come they were talking about leaving before I even pulled my wand out. I am a werewolf and I have very good hearing. I heard her saying that she is starting not to trust you and that she thinks that trusting you in the first time was a mistake. Also I am not stupid Scorpius you like the girl I know you do I can see it when you look at her. But I can also tell that you never wanted to take her and that is why you never even attacked her back in the forest. Am I right, huh?" Jennifer said to him seeing the anger in his eyes she stepped a step closer now puting her hand in her pocket for her wand.
Jennifer Hutson
Jennifer Hutson

Back to top Go down

Post by Scorpius Malfoy 1 Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:28 am

Scorpius of course liked Rose, but he didn't think it was that obvious. Still he probably would of stunned her as well if he had to, so Jennifer was wrong about that. "Were friends, and she trusted me because I was her friend," he said coldly. "Why do you even care though? Are you jealous that we're friends? Considering you've never had a friend all your life..." he said, rolling his eyes.
Scorpius Malfoy 1
Scorpius Malfoy 1
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top