First NEWT Class
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

First NEWT Class Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

First NEWT Class

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

First NEWT Class Empty First NEWT Class

Post by Guest Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:54 pm

Bonnie really tried to prepare herself. These kids would be almost her age, and she wanted to appear cool to them. So when she magically wrote her name on the board it said

Professor Calvert
Call Me Miss Bonnie, or something...

She sighed. She seemed like a dorky teacher, she knew but she smiled at every kid that came in.
"Alright guys," notice the 'guys', "Just turn to page one and get comfterable please.'
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

First NEWT Class Empty Re: First NEWT Class

Post by Guest Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:20 am

Aden walked in briskly taking a seat up front he really loved this class
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Granger Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:27 am

Sophia walked into the History of Magic classroom. "Good day Professor Calvert I hope your well."said Sophia as she gave her a warm smile and took her seat beside Aden. "Hey Aden, how are you?"Sophia asked him with a warm smile as she got out her books, quill and parchment for class and set them neatly on her desk.
Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 11575

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:39 am

Bonnie straightened up.
"Hello Aden, Sophia, I am doing well. I hope you all are too." she smiled.
"Everyone, please pull out A History of Magic."she said loudly, though she saw Sophia already had. She had always liked that girl.

[[OOC: xD]]
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Granger Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:02 am

[[Ooc: Yay I'm liked! *claps happily* ha ha Laughing]]

"Great to see your doing well Professor, I'm doing great thank you for asking."said Sophia as she gave her a warm smile. As she looked down at her parchment she wrote 'A History of Magic' in her neat elegant writing. She hoped the rest of the students would hurry up she really wanted to get start.
Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 11575

Back to top Go down

Post by Albus Severus Potter Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:30 am

Albus entered the History of Magic classroom and sat down at an empty chair. "Good morning Professor," he said politely, before taking out his book, quill, parchment and some ink.
Albus Severus Potter
Albus Severus Potter

Number of posts : 754

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:54 pm

Aleski wasn't surprised when he first found out that he would be one of only a few students taking NEWT level History of Magic this year as he knew it wasn't exactly popular, although he never really understood why. it was his favourite subject; it fascinated him. A smaller class meant the teacher would be able to keep an eye on him, but it also meant he would be able to concentrate better.

He had heard they were getting a new professor this year, like in a few of his other classes. He expected them to be old and slightly boring, as History of Magic teacher's tended to be, but found that in fact she was young and rather hot, which could potentially cause problems as she may occasionally be a... distraction.

He moved silently to his usual seat and pulled out his textbook, which he had already read over the summer. He was the fourth person to arrive after a couple of older Gryffindor girls and Albus Potter, a Slytherin boy from his year.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:55 pm

"Five points to Gryffindor, thank you Miss Granger." she didn't know why she did that, but she was quite organized and one (especially Bonnie) didn't see that often.
Bonnie smiled at them all.
"Ok everyone, settle down please. I am going to start my lesson now. I'll go very fast, so feel free to interrupt me if you have any questions. Answers to my questions will lead to house points. Interrupting me without raising your hand or being deliberately rude will lead to a deduction of house points. Understood?" she said very fast. She didn't wait to hear the answer.

"We will start by going back in time, back to the fourteenth century witch burnings. Now, you will find that I like to be fair in this class. So I am going to take a vote. If you would like to first hear about Wendelin the Wierd, put your thumbs up. If you want to hear about the basic history if witch burnings, put your thumbs down." she waited patiently for their answers.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:10 pm

Aden wanted to hear a bout the basics before delving into a specific case it was just the logical way to go otherwise the teacher would end up being redundant when she went back to the basics after telling us about the case. Aden quickly gave a thumbs down.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:16 pm

Aleski was slightly taken aback at the speed Professor Calvert moved into the lesson but was glad they wouldn't be wasting time on introduction and rules and all of the other unnecessary crap teachers usually insisted on doing with a new class. He rested his arms on his desk focused on the door; he found it easier to concentrate on an object rather that the teacher when listening.

Thumbs? What are we, five year olds? He already knew the basics of Salem but thought that he could do with a recap anyway. Feeling slightly awkward and embarrassed he slowly stretched out his left arm, pointing his thumb to the ground. Whilst doing this he used his right hand to quickly rummaged through his schoolbag to find a quill, some ink and a crumpled piece of parchment in order to begin taking notes.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top