O.W.L. Lesson 1st - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

O.W.L. Lesson 1st - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

O.W.L. Lesson 1st

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

O.W.L. Lesson 1st - Page 2 Empty Re: O.W.L. Lesson 1st

Post by James Wake Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:30 pm

"But let us assume that a wizard uses an Unforgivable Curse to kill a Death Eater-like enemy. The spell could have been used with good intention, but does that still mark it as Dark Magic?" Magic is Magic was the best phrase James knew. But the course's very name contested that fact.
"Dark Magic is only Dark magic because of it's user?" The real question was, Why isn't this course called Defense against Dark Magic Users? But he felt that such a question was redundant.
James Wake
James Wake

Number of posts : 1329
Special Abilities : Can understand Werewolves

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:34 pm

Gabrielle looked shocked at question she was replying to.She remembered explaining that on last auror she trained. "Perhaps you didn't understand me well.Magic is a manipulation.It's possible that those curses did exsist long before dark magic appeared, but no matter how good intentioned they could be they were still manipulated for the convienience of dark wizzards." Gabrielle said feeling rather weird discussing this with a student.

"I think i told you enough Mister Wake.If you have any other question relationed to my classes strictly i'll be more then happy to reply you." Gabrielle said wanting to stop this conversation they were leading.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Declan Arryn Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:14 am

Cosette frowned. James didn't seem to realize that the answer she gave explained it all. It was just called Dark Magic, because people decided it was Dark, compared to light spells, like Lumos. She smiled to herself at the thought.
Suddenly, a thought occurred to her, and she raised her hand. "So, If we're preparing for OWLs, is this going to me more of dueling or.. What I mean is.. What should we expect on the test? Performing spells, answering questions..?" She trailed off, unsure if the Professor could actually answer the question, or if it wasn't allowed.
Declan Arryn
Declan Arryn
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 480

Back to top Go down

Post by James Wake Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:28 am

So, that makes everything easier, James thought to himself. "Sorry ma'am." He rescinded his earlier questions. Essentially, if he stuck to the rudimentary basics, nobody would sniff him out, or attack him over his views on Dark Magic. To simply accept the given definition would be enough. He wasn't in this class to make a fool of himself, nor was out to make trouble. He just wanted to find out which spells to use, and when. Flippendo was not a spell to trigger cave-ins. Dark Magic was just a name. Nothing more, nothing less. James flipped open his book. His attention was now split between the spell book and the teacher.
James Wake
James Wake

Number of posts : 1329
Special Abilities : Can understand Werewolves

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:01 am

Jacob ran into class and took a seat. "Sorry I'm late" Jacob cringed. He got out the necessary equipment for this class and sat quietly and patiently.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:25 pm

Lily went to class quickly, being just behind this gryffindor boy. "Sorry I'm late" said Lily quickly and took the only empty seat, in the middle of the classroom. She sat down and put her books from her bag on to the table.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:26 pm

Sierra knew she was late, and knew she would be in trouble. She had lost her textbook and spent many minutes looking for it. She walked into the classroom, and her cheeks flushed up. She knew the students were already into the lesson, and she was behind. She chose a seat in the back, and sat down without a word.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:51 am

Micheal snuck into DADA and looked at the professor. " sorry i am late professor. I overslept." he said plopping down in the beack and listened to her and waited for to start talking again.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by HafizDeen Diggory Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:15 am

Hafiz dash to his classroom. He knew that he is absolutely late. He straight to the professor and apologised "Sorry Professor. There was something came up just now". He saw Jacob and sat beside him. Although he dont know him but he quite often saw him around. So it wont be any trouble for him.
HafizDeen Diggory
HafizDeen Diggory

Number of posts : 864
Special Abilities : Parseltongue

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:01 am

Jacob saw a Slytherin boy sit next to him and he nodded. He had been listening on a debate between a student and the teacher.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top