Holiday on the Riviera [Open]
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Holiday on the Riviera [Open] Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Holiday on the Riviera [Open]

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Holiday on the Riviera [Open] Empty Holiday on the Riviera [Open]

Post by Guest Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:40 am

The Southern coast of France was a great holiday resort for those with no budget. The French Riviera was awash with fast cars and celebrities this time of the year which was one of the main reason's Nick had been looking forward to his fortnight in Nice. What he wasn't looking forward to however were the people who would be accompanying him on this two week break. These being his parents and younger sister. For a split second, when his parents told him to pack because he was off to France, he had been under the impression it would be just him going but of course that was not the case. Still, it put him in a rather foul mood as they headed to the airport. They would be posing as muggles, at least until they got to France. What with all the commotion that had been caused by the government it did not seem like a good idea to wander around waving their wand's for all to see.

The taxi pulled up just outside the main terminal and Nicholas stepped out on to the pavement. He was dressed casually in a pair of black denim jeans, a white Fred Perry polo shirt and then over that a black Burton's jumper with the sleeves rolled up. He snorted as his father shoved some pound's in the taxi driver's direction, he really wasn't the brightest member of the familly and Nick was fairly certain that that t-shirt he was wearing was inside out. He figured on-lookers would just put it down to the time of day 4am. His mother moved to help his dad who was getting into a flush, Nick picked up his baby sister then headed into the terminal in an attempt to hurry them up. He bought her a stick of candy before the two adults materialised in-front of them. After getting a bit of a scoulding for wandering off the Valentines went to check in, and then board their flight.

The flight was nothing to shout about and Nick wondered why the hell some muggles enjoyed flying like that. The journey to the hotel was uneventful as well but even Nick was impressed when they arrived. It was a large, good looking building which overlooked the beach. Even better than that was the amount of females said beach, all those girls needing sun cream rubbed into them put him in a better mood and he ushered the familly in to the hotel. He just wanted to get checked in, changed and grab a towel. Which within fifteen minutes he had done "Im off to the beach." he called to his parents from the bathroom, cringing he heard his mother reply "Well Nicholas why dont you just wait for us? We will be done in about thirty minutes." As if, he thought, they knew where he was going. These thought's in his mind he grabbed a towel then shot off.

His arrival on the beach was not quite what he expected. Nick kind of thought a few of the girls would give him a glance as he strolled through the sand but, no luck. Cursing the French he placed the towel on the beach and lay down on it. He needed a tan before he went back to Hogwarts. Nick thought he looked rather attractive lying where he was. He wore a pair of dark blue swim shorts and a pair of aviators, cool or what?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Holiday on the Riviera [Open] Empty Re: Holiday on the Riviera [Open]

Post by Guest Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:18 pm

Makaiden made a trip donw to France to visit an older cousin whom she had just met about a month before school let out. She was only going to be able to stay about ten days before going over to London, England for some shopping, so she wanted to embrace whatever time she had here and make the most of it. Mak was holding a pale blue towel to accent her aqua colored bikini. She didn't know anyone here yet, and see as how her cousin was busy today she figured she would soak up some rays on the beach and maybe enjoy a little bit of swimming as well.

She looked around the beach, and saw a few people here and there. Most people has nice bronze tans like herself, but then she had to do a double take when she saw somewhat pale figure basking in the sun. She stolled over to him and asked,
"Um. Bonjour? Êtes-vous d'ici? (Are you from here?)" She asked even though was was quite sure that he wasn't a local.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:32 pm

After a few minutes lying in the sun Nick realised that if he continued as he was going he was going to end up with an aviator tan line around his eyes. Not wanting to be humiliated when he returned to Hogwarts he opted to pop the aviators up, sitting them atop his messy black hair. It was around this time a rather lovely looking young girl approached him. After glancing at he blue bikini his eyes met her, and she spoke to him, in French. Nick's French was poor at the best of time's so it took him a minute to process what she was asking him. There was a hello in there for sure, and was it "Where are you from?" He figured this was what she said and he set about trying to answer the girl's question. Racking his brains for some sort of French he remembered some random stuff George had taught him back in the Slytherin common room a few years ago. It wasn't much but with it he could answer the girl. He cleared his throut then spoke calmly "Salut. Non J'Habite a Dumfries, en Ecosse." Smiling he extended his hand upwards "My name's Nick, you want to catch some ray's with me?"

After exhausting his French vocabulary, Nick was banking on the pretty French girl's English being better than his French. His smile was genuine and he felt better for the company. He felt like such a loser lying on the beach himself, this girl, although she didnt know it was his saviour.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:42 pm

Mak ran her finger through her hair out of nervousness, but it made her hair fall just slightly so as to accent her face. She smiled brightly as she realized her guess what right. His French wasn't bad, but he had a slightly English accent. "I was a bit worried, I don't know much French at all so you saved me from lookin like a fool much deeper into a conversation. I'm Makaiden Kankaredes, you can call me Mak." She added friendly and hsooks his hand.

Next she began to lay her towel out next to his. After she got it straight and neat she slid on top of it on her stomach and propped her head up on her hands.
"So what brings you to Nice?"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:01 pm

Nick laughed a little as she spoke, he had been expecting more French so it was such a relief to hear perfect English. She had known he wasn't French, well there were alot of things that gave him away he figured, the lack of tan was no doubt the biggest factor. He tried to give the woman a bit of privacy as she set about laying down her towel, he popped his sunglasses down and glanced of down the shoreline, hoping and praying he wasn't about to see his mother and little sister strolling towards them. Sometimes that woman's familly orientated demeanor really annoyed him. He glanced around just in time to see Makaiden pop her head in her hands and shoot him a smile. Nick replied to her question, his smile still upon his face "What bring's most people here Mak? Im on holiday, with the familly..." The final part was almost stiffled as he faked a cough. No-one wanted to be seen with their mother, it was an embarresment. The girls introduction had been very official, perhaps he should have been a little more formal too "Oh and yeah Im Valentine, Nicholas Valentine but all my friends just call me Nick."

Opting to get more comfortable Nick copied Makaiden, lying on his stomach with his head in his hand's "You have a lovely name Makaiden where are you from? I live in Scotland, in a small town called Dumfries I dont expect you'll know it." Nick glanced sideways making sure the suncream he had grabbed on the way out the door was still there. They would both probably need it soon, the sun was boiling. He returned his attention to Makaiden as she was about to reply.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:17 pm

Mak glanced over her shoulder as she saw some more people passing by and the she heard something that made her chuckle. It was apparent to her that Nick was not too happy to have his family along with him on this vacation. "Family trips can be fun" she said hopefully and she added, "I am here seeing family as well. I erm jus kinda of found out right before the end of term that we have some cousins here. My sister met them while she was at Beauxbatons."

Mak stopped realizing that she was talking to much. It was a bit of a bad habit, and out of nervousness she began twirling her hair in her fingers, letting it slid from on finger to the next. She blushed slighty when she said she had a lovely name, but she recovered and replied softly,
"Why thank you. I am sorry I haven't heard of it, but I am from Katerini, Greece. It is right off the coast. I love it there. It is much like this, but more crowded with tourist at the moment"

She was glad to be here with not so many people. She liked crowds, but it was much more convienent to get to know someone without a bunch of people running around. She realized she was still twirling her hair, but less nervously and she stopped at once.

"You mentioned family, do you have many siblings?" she inquired.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:49 pm

Nice, France home to one of the nicest beaches in France, or so was Adens thinking. He had taken a vacation here every summer, because had to attend the aristocratic ball that includedteenagers of a privilaged backgrounds from France and England. It was the only thing he found enjoyable in his parents summe scheldue of shmozing. Today though was his Beach day to unwind and find a date for the ball. Now Aden could not speak a lick of french, so he really needed to find some one that spoke english.

Aden was wearing a white pair of board shorts with black pinstripes. He also had on a a long sleve white button up shirt that was not buttoned whit the sleves rolled up past his elbows. He was supporting a farily good tan but he still had a splash more of color to be desired. He was walking down the beach hoping to overhear some one speaking in english. No one had spoken even a lick of his native tounge around him, and it was depresing him. He was about to give up when he oveheard Nicks and Maks conversation. Aden aruptly but politly interjected him self into thier conversation when he said " Excuse me, but i could not help but to hear you speaking in english,and i was wondering if i could talk with you?" Aden having no concern for their feeling or any timid notions about what he did.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:06 pm

Nick nodded and smiled as she spoke about familly until a specific word caught his attention, Beauxbatons. That was that all girl's magic school, the pride of France's ministry of magic if he wasn't mistaken. He saw her stop abruptly and start twirling her hair when she realised what she had said. It was dangerous buisness to share such information with muggles, Makaiden was lucky that Nick was who he was. He allowed her to continue telling him things about her, he had had a feeling she was from a foreign country. It wasn't just the name, her skin was tanned and she really suited it. He liked girls that spoke alot it meant more often than not that he didn't need too tell them to much about himself. This however was not the case with Mak. Nick smiled then replied to her question "I have a little sister she is two years old. She and my parents are still un-packing in the hotel." He continued to smile as the conversation took a magical turn "I heard you mention Beauxbatons? Your a witch then? What school do you attend and what year are you in..." Nick did not realise it but he was leaning closer to the girl now, eager to hear her reply, it was around this time however another boy appeared.

He had the swagger of someone relatively important about him, tanned and going for the sexy look with the shirt. Nick hated to admit it but to other girls he was no doubt "Good Looking." Had his parents not told him not to talk to strangers? This was however a special circumstance, they were out in a foreign country and everyone needs friends. Nick's smile was still upon his face as he gazed up at the boy through his aviators "Sure you can talk with us. Im Nick, this is Mak." He extended his hand upwards.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:18 pm

Mak rolled to her left side so as to face Nick, crossed her right leg over her left, and stretched out a bit. The sand was more comfortable her than she remembered at home. It gave a little better with the contours of her body. She listened intently for Nick's reply. Aww he had a little sister. How cute, she thought to herself. She looked around as he said they were unpacking in hopes that they wouldn't walk up to soon. But just as she turned her head back to tell him more about her magical self another person came up to join thier party of two. She decided it was best not to to talk about thier world until she knew whether or not the new guy was a wizard.

She smiled politely up to him and gave a wave to identify herself as Nick introduced her. She examined his attire. He looked like he would fit in nice with her cousin's family, the Benoits. They were French royalty, and had much power in the French Ministry of Magic.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:44 pm

Adn could see that he was cramping Nicks style and he felt kinda bad about it, but he soon dismissed that thought from his mind. He was glad they were being nice to him, yet he was not used to people being rude to him. K thank you Nick and Mak for letting me sit in on your conver sation." Aden said as he shoock Nicks hand, " I see you that you too are already introduce so let me introduce myself. I am Aden Williams son of Duke Willams of West fall in England and Lady Margret. I go to a private school in the country and i am in my 7th year there an my last. I hope that is enough info about myself to get up to speed." Aden said with the ease of a motivational speaker.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top