Thinking (Vitani)
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Thinking (Vitani) Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Thinking (Vitani)

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Thinking (Vitani) Empty Thinking (Vitani)

Post by Guest Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:25 pm

Chase stared at the lake silently. A book was sitting by her foot, but it looked long forgotten. She wasn't sure what to think at the moment. So much was going through her head that she wanted to just scream. She glanced around hoping Sterling wouldn't stumble onto her. Last time she had seen him he had made her do things trying to make her hate him. She still didn't hate him. She wiped her eyes and stared at the lake. Oh well, best look happy eh? She put a smile on her face and stood up. Grabbing her book she put it in her backpack and found a good rock to sit on. Laying down she attempted to get a tan.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Thinking (Vitani) Empty Re: Thinking (Vitani)

Post by Guest Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:45 pm

Cool and still was the water around Vitani's bare calves. It was a lazy day, full of laughter and thought and excessive eating at meals. So heavily had she eaten at lunchtime that her stomach felt like it could have exploded from the full feeling, but the rest of her was indifferent, and she was fine. The Lake always seemed to be a place of escape to the elements ; water, wind, sun - all of these she felt an affinity for. It never made sense to her how anyone could take nature for granted.

But that was her own opinion, and it could be said that she had some odd conventions to begin with. Nothing seemed peculiar about swimming or wading, however. Vitani looked down to her feet, paler than usual under the surface of the water (this having nothing to do with it's temperature, but relating more to the illusions it created). Because she was wearing pants, she was only able to wade as far as they were able to be rolled up her legs. She didn't feel like actually swimming, anyway.

As she stood with the sun warming her back, Vitani lifted her hand from her side. A thin, wobbly wisp of water rose from the surface up to her palm. It came into contact with her skin, lost all animation and spilled over the side of her hand. In her second attempt to control the water, it moved all over her hand and wet her skin, then plopped back down to the surface of the lake.

She had to admit, she wasn't that good at controlling the elements, and she left that up to Mother Nature - whoever that was.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:50 pm

Chase looked up carefully when she heard water splashing. A girl? Oh, a Ravenclaw girl! Last time she had seen one of those she had been the only one talking. Oh well! Make new friends, but keep the old! She jumped off the rock and waded out to her, not having to fear for her pants because she had a skirt on with a shirt that was simply a strap across her chest, all she was wearing was in pink. "HEY!"She said smiling at her sticking her hand out.

"I'm Chase Moor, and I noticed you were all alone so I thought I would come talk to you!"She said laughing her head thrown back as though it was the funniest thing in the world. She looked at the girl again her brown eyes sparkling with amusement. "What's you're name?"She asked smiling at her kindly. She knew a lot of Ravenclaw's needed prompting when talking and she would do all the prompting she could.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:09 pm

The wisp thing simply wasn't working, Vitani discovered. Suspending the water in such a length and shape was nearly impossible at this moment. Instead, she tried to create a ball of water. Vitani crouched lower to the surface. Maybe decreasing the distance between her and the water would allow for more control.

Normally, she wouldn't make much use of her power, but water was relatively harmless. Lately she had been having outbursts of emotion (which did result in some things breaking or falling), and she figured that this would serve as some therapy to control her abilities and perhaps calm her down to some extent.

It was a little ball that formed - a wavering sphere just barely floating above its reflection, but it was something to behold for a girl who barely used her powers out of fear that she would hurt herself or someone else. At this point, it didn't seem that bad, and was actually kind of amusing.

Just then, a girl approached Vitani from behind, calling out to her. The ball fell apart in mid-air and converged back with the lake. Vitani stood to her full height and turned to see the girl, who had introduced herself and put her hand forth.

People sure like to shake hands, Vitani thought, and did so after brushing her wet hand on her thigh. "I'm Vitani Lea. Nice to meet you," she said. The girl was smiling and she laughed, so Vitani eased up a bit and offered a grin as well. "I'm often alone, but I don't mind it, really."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:14 pm

Chase smiled at her. "So you're a Ravenclaw?"She asked grinning. "I'm a Gryffindor! What year are you in?"She asked happy at the willingness the other girl had shown to be her friend. She already liked her. She had been crouching down examining something behind her and Chase leaned over carefully to look. "What were ya looking at?"She asked glancing at the water and seeing nothing but water and sand. Nothing interesting anyway. Not even a fish..

Losing her look of confusion she looked back up at the girl after letting her hand drop from the handshake. "It sure is nice to meet you Vitani! I've needed a distraction!"She said laughing rubbing her neck embarrassedly. She didn't like to admit that life sucked right now, but sometimes it just came out! She laughed it off though and swung her elbow up into the air, her hand still on her neck.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:28 pm

Gryffindor friends were few and far between. Maybe it was Vitani's lack of outgoing spirit, but she welcomed them all. She shook the girl's hand and replied that she was indeed Ravenclaw, and that she was in her sixth year. One more year and she was gone... It was a sad thought, but not having to go through another Defense Against the Dark Arts class after that year was a great relief.

As to what she was looking at, Vitani blushed. She had been sure that no-one would have really noticed her out here, and she didn't really feel the need to lie to the girl, who seemed friendly and innocent. Vitani looked down at the water and sighed.

"Well," she started and furrowed her brow somewhat, "I was trying to do something like this..." her voice trailed off as another small sphere of water rose above the surface of the water. It was bigger and more stable; the liquid moved only slightly in place as Vitani placed her hand under it. This time, it did not break on contact with her hand, and V looked at the sphere in her hand with shock.

"Wow," she said when she was sure that moment was real, "I've never been able to touch it before."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:34 pm

Chase stared at the ball of water with surprise. "Whoa! How'd you do that?"She asked moving closer to examine it. It was a perfect sphere of water balancing on her hand. "That is so neat!"She exclaimed her eyes bright with interest. "Is that like, some ability you can do? Kind of like how I can see aura's?"She asked staring at the girl with interest.

But before she could respond to that question she blurted out. "Do you wanna be my friend?"She looked at the girl expectantly, not at all embarrassed by the question. It was a question that she asked almost everyone, even though it did seem a bit awkward. She didn't care. She stared at the girl unwavering.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:45 pm

"Well, yeah, of course." Vitani started with some uneasiness. She'd never been asked to be another person's friend before. It always sort of happened naturally, over time. Was that what Chase was asking, if they would be friends over time? In any case, Vitani admired the girl's friendly personality.

"I can move things. 'ere, give me your 'and." Vitani reached for Chase's wrist and lifted it up within eye-level and allowed the ball to slip onto Chase's palm. Her hand didn't linger long around the girl's wrist, and V was still concentrating on it and hoped that it would last longer than the first one had. Then she paused at what Chase had said about auras. Aura-seer? There had to be come specific term for a person of that ability, but Vitani's brain was shot for an answer. The summer heat was beginning to wear on her mind.

"Wait. You can?" With the break in Vitani's concentration, the ball melted in Chase's hand. "Er... sorry. I lost focus."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:55 pm

Chase stared at the ball in her hand and smiled before looking up at her, feeling the ball melt on her hand. "Well yeah! Can't you?"She asked looking a bit puzzled. "I only just recently found out not everyone can do it! My whole family can, so it was never an odd thing before I came here."She said flipping her head so her hair would get out of her face. She looked down at her wet hand and then let her hand drop to her side, not caring that Vatani still had her wand.

"I thought all Wizards could do it! But found out that not many can!"She said giggling. "I know some legendary wizards who can, so maybe I'm descendant from them? I don't know!"She said giggling again. She already liked this girl. She was so friendly. She knew they would be great friends!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:13 pm

"Well, I know for sure that I can't," Vitani replied. Nor did she really want to, there was enough about people that she did not wish to know. "I'll tell you this though, something 'as been going on round 'ere, I don't know what, I've not 'eard anything strange from anyone." When she finished talking, Vitani sighed. She was doing it again.

"Sorry, that's me accent. Can't really go anywhere without it. Heard." Being of Livepudlian origin hardly embarrassed her, aside from when she dropped multiple h's in a sentence; Liverpool accents were fairly recognized, however, and not just by their overlooking of the consonant h.

Vitani walked towards the shore. Her toes were probably similar to raisins at that point. She sat just where the ground was dry and where she could still rest her feet in the water.

"My toes are a bit wrinkly," Vitani called to Chase.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top