Simply being;; Open
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Simply being;; Open Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Simply being;; Open

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Simply being;; Open Empty Simply being;; Open

Post by Guest Sun May 31, 2009 12:20 am

[[OOC: Open to anyone who's willing to read my loong posts (in an advanced mood Razz).]]

Davina wondered into Moaning Myrtle's bathroom. It was completely deserted, as she had expected. Nobody ever went in there. It was flooded half the time due to Moaning Myrtle's crying, but luckily for Davina it wasn't that day. The bathroom was just a cold, dry, empty place. It was dead silent, so Davina presumed Myrtle was somewhere else in the castle that day. This pleased her, as she needed somewhere to think. She had expected Myrtle would be there, but she was secretly glad she wasn't. She could do without the distraction of a noisy ghost. She needed a place to think. Thinking came best to her when she was alone. She walked over to one of the windows and sat by it, gazing outside.

Davina looked out of the window, her eyes scanning over the grounds. She watched the various groups of friends everywhere. Talking, laughing, just having fun. She wished she was one of them. She had never mastered the knack of making friends. It seemed to late for her now. She sighed, drawing her head away from the window. She looked up to the ceiling. She had a select few she could call friends in this place. She just wasn't a social person. She was beginning to think that she was a disappointment to her parents, just like her brother was. This was odd, as she and her brother had always been complete opposites, but it was only now they were out of touch she was realising how similar they truly were. Neither what their parents wanted, both who worked hard for what they believed in, as opposed to their parents who got everything so easily.

Davina's mind then turned to her own life. She had some friends. She had Catalina, she had Kya, she used to have Isabella, before she left. She had lots of people she kind-of knew, but just wasn't close with. She was like that with most people, though. Also, she had Sterling. He was surprisingly similar to her and he was helping her with making up some spells of her own. He was a Ravenclaw like her, so they got on quite well.

Davina's eyes turned to look straight ahead of her, her head still in the clouds. She was jolted back to earth by the sound of a toilet flushing. She wondered if it was just Myrtle playing around, as usual, or if someone was actually using the bathroom. That would be a first, she thought. She didn't want to get up, so she just stayed where she was, knowing that if someone was there she would eventually see them.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Simply being;; Open Empty Re: Simply being;; Open

Post by Guest Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:35 pm

"And then she said Yeah Right!" Someone said outside just as the toilet flushed inside the room. A bunch of laughing girls entered the room all joking and shoving. "Smart choice." One girl commented before they all grew silent staring at the girl who was standing looking dreamy in the bathroom. "Oh..Sorry." The girl at the head of the group said glancing at her friends who were all blushing by now. Chase pushed her hair over her shoulder and smiled. "Sorry about that."She said and all of the girls screamed as Moaning Myrtle flew over their heads from the cubicle that had flushed. She was crying and howling as she flew off. Shaking her head Chase started out. "Sorry about that."She said and ushered her friends out of the room.

Seconds later however Chase opened the door back up without her entourage of friends. "Hey..."She said smiling at the other girl. "I'm Chase, I don't believe we've met before."She said with a big happy grin her hand held out to shake. "Sorry about my friends, they are all kind of airheads."She said happily. Not wanting to mention the fact that she kind of was too. She giggled slightly and looked the girl over. She seemed to have been staring out the window when she had first come in. She glanced over it and saw a bunch of girls she knew laughing by the lake. Poor girl. Sitting up here all by herself when she could be down there laughing and playing.

Sure Chase was a 6th year, sure she wasn't the brightest girl on the block, but she was nice! She had felt so bad that her friends and her had barged in on a girl who was all alone, so the second they had left she had told them to go on without her and had come back in, hoping to apologize. She pushed her hair over her shoulder again and smiled. "It sure is a lovely day."She commented dreamily looking out the window.

Then she realized how odd it must be to talk to her. Chase wasn't the most normally dressed girl in school. Like today. She wore her Hogwarts skirt with a Gryffindor scarf tied around her waist. Stockings that went up to her knees and had little flashing stars on them that changed colours. Her shirt was bright pink and sleeveless, with a strap across her chest which turned into ruffles down her stomach. Sure she didn't match that well, but she loved it. Smiling at her again she waited for a handshake, hoping she didn't scare the girl to much.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:57 pm

Davina was gazing out of the window when she had heard some girls come in. She didn't really pay much attention to them, she didn't recognise any of them. Besides, she was used to being ignored a lot of the time. She heard Myrtle making a fuss, probably soaking the girls, she assumed. The bathroom wouldn't be peaceful any longer, she figured. A pity, she thought, as it was a nice place to think.

Davina still hadn't moved when one of the girls came back in. As the girl approached her, Davina turned around. She couldn't really avoid them much longer. She thought she might recognise the girl, on second thoughts. Not by name, but she'd probably seen her around the place. Maybe she was a Quidditch player, Davina thought. Then again, maybe she didn't.

Davina took in what the girl was wearing. It was a mixture of pretty much everything. Flashing stars on her stockings, pink top and the uniform skirt. A Gryffindor scarf was tied around her waist. That was something you didn't see everyday. Davina didn't notice clothes that much though, she didn't pay attention to a lot of the students, but she knew this girl was...different.

Davina put on a smile for the girl. She had no idea why she came back to talk to her though. "Hi, I'm Davina." she replied politely, shaking the Chase's hand. An unusual name, she thought, though she didn't comment on it. She didn't know what to say about her friends either. She didn't want to agree with her, because it would be rude, but she didn't want to disagree either. "Don't worry." she simply said, for lack of anything better. She wasn't very good at being social, she mainly stuck to the Ravenclaws as they mostly loved studying, like herself.

Davina saw the girl look out of the window, as she saw doing, and comment on the weather. Davina turned back around, glad to be looking outside rather than inwards. It was much prettier out there, she found. "Yes, it is." she agreed. It was a nice day, the sun was out, most students were outside. She wasn't though, she didn't like being around so many people. She stayed in the bathroom as it was cool up there and barely anyone else came in there.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:32 am

Chase frowned slightly when the girl's back was turned. She was so quiet, so polite. It was almost scary. Of course that was what her parents wanted CHASE to be. Which wasn't going to happen. She enjoyed being exotic to much! Smiling she let her hand drop again watching the girl. "It's nice to meet you Davina."She said with a gracious smiling, flashing all of her pearly white teeth. This girl was different she decided. Quite and probably a Ravenclaw. Much to different, and it intrigued her.

"Why aren't you outside?"She asked glancing around the smelly bathroom. Sure it was a pretty view, but what was prettier then being outside IN the pretty view? You're figure making the picture that much more pretty. She smiled slightly. This girl was so soft spoken. She had barely said a word since Chase had gotten in there. Had looked over her exotic clothes and looked back out the window. That was Chase's new word for the day, exotic so she had to use it as often as possible, even if it was just in her head.

"But yeah..I'm sorry we barged in on you're...thinking space."She said glancing around the room. This girl didn't seem up to conversation, which made her want to try even harder. She wanted to get to know this girl so much more simply because the other girl didn't want to talk to her. She smiled again, her new favourite thing to do since she had gotten back to school that year. She had decided that if she talked to the person, the person got a smile. So she had to keep trying, because she was sure Davina hadn't seen her smile. It had to be well known!

Pushing a strand of hair out of her face she glanced back out the window. Some kids were at the Quidditch Pitch practicing. You could see them from here! Wow what a view! But Quidditch? How she detested that sport. Her father had been sending her letters all year hinting at taking her to the next Quidditch Game in the summer. She had pretended like she didn't take the hint. He may be into the foul sport, but she sure wasn't. She attended the school games just to make sure people didn't forget she was there. But she never watched the games, just laughed over the commentary and fooled around with her friends. She nodded towards the players. "Do you like Quidditch?" She asked politely determined to keep this conversation rolling.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:01 am

Davina had been looking out the window. Chase was still there. She turned around, somewhat reluctantly. She didn't really know what to say to people, she wasn't a very social person. "Nice to meet you too." she replied politely, though not saying anything more. Chase seemed to be a chatty, social kind of person. Completely unlike Davina. Davina's parents wanted her to be more social though, they thought she should be more friendly. She didn't have the best relationship with them.

Davina looked outside, though she was glad she was indoors, for many reasons. Not which she wanted to explain in detail to Chase, though. "I prefer it inside. It's too crowded and noisy out there." she put it simply, not expanding at all. "What about you?" she asked automatically, though immediately regretting it. It sounded like she wanted to have a conversation now. She couldn't believe she'd said that.

Her thinking space. That was a good way to put it, Davina thought. "Don't worry." she said, but truthfully she was a bit annoyed when they first came in. They had all now left, except Chase, who was probably going to bombard her with more questions. Davina was determined not to give long answers, as she didn't want to sound like she wanted a long conversation. She might be too late though, she thought.

Chase was looking out the window too, now. Davina followed her line of sight over to the Quidditch Pitch. The sky was so clear you could see them training from the castle. She sighed, thinking of her parents' Quidditch experiences, and her lack of them. "I've never played much. The Ravenclaw Captain didn't like me." she told Chase. She explained a bit, as Chase was bound to ask her again anyway, knowing her.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:11 am

Chase smiled at her. "I love it outside! It's just so much fun! It's not really crowded."She said thoughtfully. "I mean, it's the world out there right? It just keeps going on and on forever, in a huge sphere."She said looking at her happily. "It can't get crowded, there's just to much room!"She said giggling slightly. "Oh so you are in Ravenclaw!"She said without thinking. "Oh I mean, I was kinda thinking about it. "She said smiling slightly at her.

"I'm a Gryffindor obviously."She said smiling as she touched the scarf she had tied around her waist after classes got over. "I hate Quidditch, my father is constantly trying to get me to go to games and try out for the team, he's such a Quidditch fanatic, but I guess my brother takes after him!"She said smiling. "Do you have any siblings? I have two, both of them are younger then me."She chatted on. Sure she liked to talk, and seeing as this girl didn't talk much, she was determined to get some answers out of her. It was how she made so many friends. If you didn't want to talk she'd make you!

Of course Chase was very dramatic and when she talked she liked to gesture around and giggle and move from side to side a lot. Which she was doing now, rocking back and forth on her toes and heels, and moving her hands around to gesture at the Quidditch Pitch and as she explained about her brother she crossed her arms. This girl was just to quiet for Chase and she wanted so much to learn more about her! So much! And not just as an acquaintance, but maybe as a friend! Someone she could talk to after class, and hang out with outside. Smiling she let her hands fall to her side waiting for some answers to her questions.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:27 am

Davina listened to Chase going on about how amazing it was outside, taking it in, but not really agreeing with it. "Yeah, it's big, but this castle is big too and it's more empty." she replied. The bathroom especially, she thought. She wasn't surprised that Chase assumed she was a Ravenclaw. Most people did, as the quieter people tended to be in Ravenclaw, she noticed. Maybe that was one reason why she got on with people in her own house better than others, she wondered. "Yeah, I am." she added.

Davina nodded as Chase indicated to her scarf, though by the way she wore it it looked more like a belt. She heard her talk about her parents who wanted her to play Quidditch. Davina's weren't like that, they never told her anything about Quidditch. That was what her parents were like though, always hiding things. "Yeah, I have an older brother, he's in his twenties." she answered, being careful not to elaborate. She didn't talk about him much.

Davina watched as Chase spoke to her. She moved around constantly, it was like she couldn't bear to stand still even for a second. She was pointing at things, waving her arms around. Davina didn't understand her at all. Then again, there weren't many people who she did understand, only a couple. She didn't even understand a lot of her family. Chase seemed...lively. She was curious as to how she was so friendly and energetic all the time.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:51 am

Chase smiled at her. "So tell me about yourself! You're so quiet! Why is that?"She asked giggling. To forward that was Chase. She believed you never got anywhere by beating around the bush, just come out with it and everyone is happy. "But You're a Ravenclaw right! So maybe that's why you're so quiet! I bet you're common room is dead silent at night! Oh I couldn't stand that!"She said laughing. "I can't be quiet to save my life! I'm always getting in trouble in class because I talk to much!"She said laughing again rubbing her shoulder with her elbow slung up into the air.

"So I probably am about to scare you off right!"She said laughing again but looking a little bit more serious. "You probably aren't used to people like me! Being a Ravenclaw and all!"She said smiling. Another thing about Chase, she always spoke her mind. "By the way, does Davina stand for something else? Like..I don't know just something else!"She said looking at her thoughtfully. "Mine does! My full name is Chastity, but that's so long and hard to spell! I tell everyone it's just Chase now, though people think that's funny because it sounds like I like to Chase people more! Haha get it, my last name is Moor!"She said laughing at her own joke.

Chase loved to talk, just another thing about herself that she loved. Her exotic outfit, there's the word again! Her loud and rushed talking. She loved it! The poor girl was probably petrified right now but Chase was having such a fun time she couldn't even tell! She laughed again at nothing and looking at Davina waiting for her answers to be questioned. "I like you Davina!"She said suddenly and was sorely tempted to poke her but was afraid that would be a bit to much. She poked her friends all the time, but was Davina a friend yet if you had barely spoken for two minutes? Chase decided she was, but that was just to her. She grinned at the girl and leaned back.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:21 am

Chase wasn't subtle at all. She came straight out with the question. "I guess I don't have much to say." Davina replied, hoping that the questions would end soon. She almost rolled her eyes at Chase's thoughts about Ravenclaws. It wasn't silent, some were chatty. A lot of Ravenclaws talked about work though, though occasionally other things too. "It's a bit quiet." she said, not sure what to say. If she disagreed with Chase, she would probably ask lots more questions.

Davina wasn't exactly scared by Chase. Confused? Yes. Scared? Not so much, oddly enough. Chase was right about her not being used to people like her. She didn't speak to many outgoing people. They didn't speak to her either. "No, I'm just Davina." she answered Chase. She listened to Chase talking about her name, and make a joke about it. Davina smiled politely. She wasn't talkative, but she wasn't rude either.

Chase didn't seem to stop talking. Ever. Davina was trying to think but it was impossible with Chase there. She wasn't going to give up though. It didn't seem like Chase would either. Chase said she liked her. Davina hadn't a clue why. All Davina had done was give basic answers and stare out of the window while Chase would go on about something or other. Davina simply smiled at Chase, hoping that would be enough.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:55 am

Chase felt the cold shoulder slowly. Though she had been talking, she could tell Davina didn't like her much. She had tried to talk and keep conversation but it didn't seem to be working very well. She smiled slightly when she gave her yet another basic answer. It was starting to feel hopeless. But then she smiled, and Chase felt encouraged again. She grinned yet again and looked excited. "I mean, it's cool having a name that SOUNDS like it could be a nickname but isn't right?"She asked almost bouncing up and down now. She had gotten a smile! A smile from a girl who didn't seem to smile much! That made her happy.

She grinned again and looked out the window. "I'm sorry I talk to much, So tell me about yourself, what do you do besides thinking? Why do you like to study? I mean, studying is boring isn't it? I've always thought so! I like you're hair! I wish mine was that smooth." She said casually flicking her long brown hair over her shoulder again. "It's so pretty on you! I bet you'd look great in high heels! I think everyone looks great in high heels though!" She took a deep breath. That had all been said very quickly and in one straight breath.

Grinning she looked at her. Hoping this might prep her to talk she grinned and leaned forward giving her the peace sign with her fingers. "I know I talk a lot, but you're so quiet and I think you have such a pretty voice, you should use it more!" She said winking at her.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top