Arriving; (Luna Rivera)
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Arriving; (Luna Rivera) Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Arriving; (Luna Rivera)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Arriving; (Luna Rivera) Empty Arriving; (Luna Rivera)

Post by Guest Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:16 am

Davina walked into the Castle. She had spent most of that day in Hogsmeade, as it had been the monthly weekend. She had been alone for most of the time though. She had wondered in and out of various shop, buying pointless things that she would probably throw away withing a week or two. That was how her Hogsmeade trips generally went.
She walked into the Entrance Hall. Not many other people were there, though it wasn't at all surprising. It had started to rain, which meant most of the students had either gone into one of the bars, or had come straight back to the Castle. Davina liked the rain, for some odd reason. She had walked around in the rain for a while, just daydreaming. She daydreamed a lot.
She looked around the Entrance Hall to see if she recognised anybody there. She thought she could tell who a few people were, but most people tended to hang around in groups. She found it hard enough going up and talking to one person, let alone approaching a group of people.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Arriving; (Luna Rivera) Empty Re: Arriving; (Luna Rivera)

Post by Guest Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:33 am

Luna was angry at the rain. She knew it was going to, she just wished that it would hold off for a day or maybe not come while she wanted to do something. Still, it wasn't as if she could do much about it now. She was just heading back from Hogsmeade. She had bought a few things, and candy. Not, of course that she needed any sugar, she could do with out. Still it hadn't stopped her from buying any. And maybe, just maybe she hadn't just bought a few things. Maybe she had bags of things. But what could she say, she was a girl, and sometimes, girl just, well, were shopaholics. Considering the amount of money she had to spend... well, she was able to buy whatever she wanted. Anyway, it had been a while since she got anything nice for herself, she thought she deserved it.

But, it wasn't easy, carrying all those bags, and holding an umbrella. "Sorry," she said, bumping into a group of people. "Excuse me," she said to the same group who just seemed to be standing there, talking. Trying not to bump into another person, she tried to move around them. Only lose her footing and fall on the ground. She began to laugh, as the umbrella, landed next to her. It was a good thing she had everything doubled bagged. She thought maybe it was Karma coming back to her. Maybe if she hadn't been in such a rush, she wouldn't have tripped. Still, she couldn't help herself, but laugh, as she sat up. It was too late to worry about getting wet, so she sat there for a moment, before deciding to pick up all her bags.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:44 am

Davina decided to walk outside for a minute. She got up and walked straight through the Entrance Hall with ease. There was absolutely no queue to go back outside, luckily for her. After all, not many people wanted to go into Hogsmeade in this weather, and those that did would already be there. Davina wondered why nobody else liked the rain as much as she did. After all, it was only water. Around 90% of your body was water, what was so bad about it? When she stepped outside, she looked for somewhere to sit down. She had been walking around for most of the day and wanted somewhere to rest. Seeing no place, she decided she would have to put up with leaning against the castle wall.
She stayed there for a while, but she found the wall quite cold really. She thought she may as well just go back to Hogsmeade. There probably wouldn't be any spaces in any of the bars, but she didn't mind. She could just wonder around outside for a while, or find a bench to sit on. She could do a number of things really.
She continued down the path to Hogsmeade, lost in her own thoughts. She was walking around various friendship groups of people absent-mindedly, as per usual. She was about to walk around yet another group of people, when someone bumped into her. She looked down to see who it was. She thought she recognised the girl, although she had probably just seen her around the castle a few times.
The girl had dropped her umbrella and fallen down on the floor, but she was still laughing. Davina wished that she could laugh at something as simple as that.
"Hey, are you alright?" she asked the girl. She offered her a hand to help her up. The girl was pretty wet by now, but she didn't seem to mind too much anymore.
"Oh, I'm Davina by the way." she told her. She often forgot to introduce herself to people. It was a really bad habit of hers.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:06 am

Luna continued to laugh as the other girl helped her up. "Thank you. I'm fine, I little we, but fine," she said once her laughed at resided. "I'm Luna," she told the other girl. This, was great. All this wetness. If only she had gotten to the castle sooner. Or maybe not. Karma she thought. That had to be it. She had deserved to go shopping and she deserved falling flat on her behind. Still, she couldn't help but rub her butt absentmindedly. It did hurt slightly, but she hadn't realized that. "It's a good thing I know how to laugh at myself," she told Davina. Things went easier that way. If she couldn't laugh at herself, than, she probably would be quite embarrassed.

"I was on my way back to the castle," she said, picking up her bags. Not quite bothering with her umbrella just yet. Really what could she care. She was already soaked, it was a good thing she didn't get sick easy. Still, she was sure she should probably get back as soon as possible. Now what did they say when a person was soaked? When they get inside, they should keep their clothes on, so that they keep what body heat they already had? It was something like that. Of course she had forgotten what it was. Go figure. She really had to work on that remembering thing. "You wouldn't mind helping me would you?" she had to ask, knowing that it was a little rude to ask, but she didn't think she had another choice. "You don't have to..." she said quickly, she didn't want Davina to feel that she should help.

Last edited by Luna Rivera on Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:56 am

Davina helped the girl up. It was terribly unlucky that she had fallen down when it was raining. The girl introduced herself as Luna. Luna. Such a nice name. Not an ordinary name, but a pretty one.
"Nice name," she commented.
It was good that Luna knew how to laugh at herself. It probably saved her a lot of embarassment, Davina thought. She wished that she could laugh at herself. She wasn't generally that clumsy, but whenever she fell down or even if the smallest embarrassing thing happened in public she could never laugh. She usually blushed and fled from the scene. She blushed at everything though. She just couldn't help it. She hated it.
"Yeah, I wish I could laugh at myself," she replied to Luna. She wished...
While Luna was picking up her bags she told Davina that she was heading back to the castle. Davina was planning on going back to Hogsmeade, but she decided that she would help Luna with her things instead. Luna asked her for her help. Davina felt so rude. She hadn't helped pick up any of her things. She hadn't even asked her if she needed help. This wasn't good. If she wanted to make any new friends this year, she would have to start being nice to people. She couldn't just leave Luna to pick up everything herself. She blushed slightly as the girl asked her. Her blushing had returned...
"Yes, of course," she said hastily, picking up some of Luna's bags. She would help Luna with everything and walk with her back to the castle.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:41 pm

"Thanks," she said lightly. She had to admit she did like her own name. It was a good short name. It was one that didn't even need a nickname. Of course didn't mean she didn't have any, her brother always called her Louie. But she hated when he called her that. What a jerk, she thought, quickly. "It's a good thing to be able to laugh at oneself. I mean, I'm not any more clumsy than the next person. But I do tend to say or do stupid things. So it's best to laugh it off. Other wise, I might as well stay locked in my room all day." Which actually probably would have only made her more crazy than she already was. She knew the best thing for her, was to get over it, and enjoy life. "Life's way too short not to laugh it off. And I can't bother wasting time worrying." She shrugged knowing it was different for everyone. She, knew that some people, or maybe most did worry what others thought, but she couldn't.

"Thanks again," she said as Davina helped her. "I'm sorry to have asked. It's my fault I went a little crazy shopping today..." One would almost think that Luna was deprived of ever going shopping with all her bags. How had she even make it this far? She moved away some hair that was sticking to her face. Great, she thought thinking about her hair. It was one of the few things she really hated about herself. Her hair. She hated getting wet. Sure it was ok to wash it, she had a great shampoo that helped her hair, so it wasn't as thick. However, now, she had to deal with it drying up on her. She made a mental note not too put too much in her appearance, the next time she knew it was going to rain.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:15 am

Davina was helping Luna pick up her things. She knew that Luna could laugh at herself. She wished that she could. "Yeah, it's a good quality. One I wish I had." she agreed with Luna. "I usually just blush and end up running away." she admitted. "I waste a lot of my time thinking and worrying though. I over-analyse most things." Why was she telling this girl so much about herself? Well, she wasn't telling her that much. But still, she was telling Luna more than she told most people. She'd only met Luna about five minutes ago! Still, this was a good thing, right? Her opening up to people, maybe it would mean she would gain a new friend. Hopefully...

"No problem," Davina replied when Luna thanked her. She wished that she had helped Luna before she had asked. Yet another regret in her life. "No, don't worry. I should have helped you without you having to ask." she told her. She felt guilty for making Luna ask her. "Yeah, you did go a little crazy, I guess. I never seem to buy much. I can never make any decisions so I end up buying nothing. Then I usually regret it later." she said, opening up to her again. Why did she keep doing this? Maybe it was something about Luna. Maybe she was just becoming more social. Maybe...it could be a number of things, she realised. She could just be getting so lonely that she was willing to talk to anyone now. She sighed. She didn't have the most exciting life.

"What did you buy?" she asked Luna. As she didn't buy much herself, she found it interesting to see what other people liked to buy. She didn't want to look inside the bag, incase Luna thought that she was being rude or nosy. She could ask her though. There was nothing wrong with asking her, right? She hoped there wasn't. She picked up the last of Luna's bags, and started walking back up to the caste. She motioned for Luna to follow her.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum