The Mysterious Man
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

The Mysterious Man Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

The Mysterious Man

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Mysterious Man Empty The Mysterious Man

Post by Véronique Dupont Mon May 01, 2023 12:49 pm

Vee walked down the stairs and into the common room. She'd managed to have a nap in the afternoon for once, she usually struggled to get extra sleep despite her so often being up at various points throughout the night.

It was that mysterious man again. She'd got a clearer picture of his face this time. He did look a bit like Cecilia from what she saw of him, which was plaguing her mind right now, as Cec had mentioned her father recently. This was especially odd as Cec rarely spoke about her family. Vee thought this was all for a reason, she could feel it - others may call it a gut instinct, but she felt it was definitely tied to her ability, like a Seer Sense. That sense was telling her that there was a strong possibility that he was Cecilia's father.

The reason she was particularly on edge now though was that he was in Hogsmeade. She often saw him in pubs, at first he'd been abroad, where she couldn't see him clearly or even determine the country - it looked European and that was all she had gathered. Then, he was in the Leaky Cauldron, so had entered the country, and now, here, in Hogsmeade. He was getting closer and Vee knew she had to tell Cec. She knew they would end up meeting somehow, she just did, and it would be much better if it was on Cec's terms. She didn't want her to be ambushed or anything, she knew Cec would want to be ready for it when it happened.

She entered the room and scanned around, spotting Cec in the corner, a book in hand. Vee took a deep breath and headed over to her. She was always apprehensive when telling someone about a vision like this and was worried for Cec's reaction. She owed it to the girl to tell her, she had already mentioned him before, and this was crucial information.

"Hey, Cec, you have a minute?" she asked, not wanting to interrupt, but with a slight note of urgency in her voice. "It's about the mysterious man." she added in a lower voice so others around wouldn't be able to hear, as she thought Cec might not want the entire common room to know. The dorms were still empty so they could chat there if she wanted.

Last edited by Véronique Dupont on Mon May 01, 2023 1:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Véronique Dupont
Véronique Dupont
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 31

Back to top Go down

The Mysterious Man Empty Re: The Mysterious Man

Post by Cecilia Attwood Mon May 01, 2023 1:10 pm

Cecilia, ever the predictable one, had settled herself comfortably in the far corner of the Common room. She positioned herself close enough to her peers to be included in their conversations, but far enough away to maintain her meticulously built walls around herself. Lost in her own world, she casually read a book with her feet pulled up in the seat, until the voice of Vee, her dorm mate, snapped her back to reality.

Vee seemed to have a lot on her mind and was in need of someone to talk to. Cecilia gave a nod of acknowledgment and scanned the room full of students. "Upstairs?" she asked, indicating a quieter and more private spot where they could talk without being disturbed.
Cecilia Attwood
Cecilia Attwood
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 662

Back to top Go down

Post by Véronique Dupont Thu May 25, 2023 5:26 pm

Vee nodded and went back upstairs to their now empty dorm so she could chat to Cecilia.

"You said you wanted updates," Vee started, nervous as she was hoping what she had to say would be well received. You never knew sometimes with visions such as these.

"I, I mean I saw him again, the man from before, but more this time." she paused for a minute, as she wanted to get her words straight. She took a breath, before continuing on.

"Before I saw him just in pubs randomly, in Europe somewhere probably. But now he's closer. Like I saw him in Diagon Alley before and today I saw him in The Hogs Head - like here in Hogsmeade." she hesitated for a moment, before carrying on.

"I think it could be your father. It just makes sense. In parts of Europe, coming towards here, me seeing him when I'm dreaming near you. Plus he did look a bit like you too, similar faces a little bit plus longer dark hair - well long for a guy but not super long. I don't know for certain, but it just feels right." she finished, bracing herself for whatever reaction she would get from Cecilia, hoping for the best.
Véronique Dupont
Véronique Dupont
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Cecilia Attwood Thu May 25, 2023 6:19 pm

Cecilia fell into a hushed silence as Vee shared her visions of the mysterious man, an unfamiliar presence that haunted her dreams. Vee described encountering him in Hogsmeade, tantalizingly close yet frustratingly out of reach. Strangely, Vee thought he bore a resemblance to Cecilia herself. Deep in contemplation, Cecilia spoke softly, distancing herself from Vee as she approached the window overlooking the sprawling castle grounds. Her brow furrowed, lost in profound thought. The realization struck her like a lightning bolt, and she turned back to Vee, her gaze fixed over her shoulder. In a soft, anxious voice, she uttered her revelation. "Hogsmeade weekend is coming up... Could it be happening soon? He could be just on the other side of the castle walls. We could go and see, but..." She paused; her voice tinged with a hint of sorrow. "I'm not permitted to enter Hogsmeade."
Cecilia Attwood
Cecilia Attwood
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Véronique Dupont Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:57 pm

Vee desperately wanted to help Cec, probably too much so, so immediately her mind went tk how to get into Hogsmeade.

"If you want I'm sure we can get you in. I don't know all the ways but there are ways to sneak in for sure. I bet Margo and Molly could help to, they often end up going out for drinks there when they're not supposed to." Vee suggested, thinking back to nights when the other girls snuck in late.

'If you want to of course. We can figure out a way though I'm sure." she added, just in case Cec didn't want too. She didn't want to pressure her friend.
Véronique Dupont
Véronique Dupont
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Cecilia Attwood Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:32 pm

Cecilia's thoughts darted back to the haunting memories of the orphanage, where the mere thought of breaking rules sent shivers down her spine. The weight of past punishments lingered in her mind, reminding her of the consequences she had endured. However, shaking off those memories, she mustered a smile for Vee, the reliable prefect. Despite her innate inclination to play it safe, Cecilia felt a flicker of something different this time—an inner fire urging her to step outside her comfort zone. With a hint of determination in her voice, she stammered, "I... I want to." The opportunity held the potential for a life-altering experience, one that could either transform her world or leave her heartbroken. Nevertheless, Cecilia recognized that she needed to take this chance, to seize the unknown and discover what awaited her beyond the confines of her familiar existence.
Cecilia Attwood
Cecilia Attwood
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum