Would you go along with someone like me? - Page 4
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Would you go along with someone like me? - Page 4 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Would you go along with someone like me?

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Would you go along with someone like me? - Page 4 Empty Re: Would you go along with someone like me?

Post by Ducky Baker Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:30 pm

They had a boat house on a lake.

They had connections.

It was all coming together.

"Oh, you're rich, aren't you?" he said, laughing. "Noooow it's making sense."

Funnily enough, he and Chase were similar in that they had a happy outlook, always surrounded by friends and smiling. But Ducky's was born in opposition to his homelife, she was likely nurtured by hers. She seemed carefree because she didn't have the worries of survival. He seemed carefree because fuck it, life was hard, may as well get drunk.

"Your holidays are very different from mine," he said, shaking his head. "My friends would traumatize your family, they are not good house guests. You should see the Room of Requirement when we party there." He laughed. "But I like this different perspective thing. I've just gotta figure out what I'm looking at, you know?"
Ducky Baker
Ducky Baker
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 167

Back to top Go down

Would you go along with someone like me? - Page 4 Empty Re: Would you go along with someone like me?

Post by Chastity Moor Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:58 pm

Chase tilted her head to the side, confused by his sudden understanding. "Oh... I mean, yea... I guess." she looked a little flustered by his sudden realization. She couldn't help but frown at the way he spoke. It seemed so sad to her that he didn't have plans for his future or seemed to not really care about it. It felt strange since her mom and dad had been pounding it into her brain in every letter she got about how important her NEWTs were. Her career path required at least EE in a bunch of subjects, and she honestly was struggling with a few... like Charms.. and it was terrifying for her.

She nodded slowly and then shrugged. "You can still come over, though. If you think it might help." She smiled at him warmly. "You never know! Maybe you'll find out what you wanna do after Hogwarts." She giggled softly and took another sip of her butterbeer. "Or hate me forever. That's possible too." She smiled and set the mug down, running her hand through her hair again and then leaning forward towards him.

"But uh.. in other points of conversation, what was that about going somewhere after curfew?" She asked, her eyes twinkling slightly.
Chastity Moor
Chastity Moor

Number of posts : 2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Ducky Baker Sun Apr 02, 2023 11:11 pm

He hadn't meant to fluster her, but it was also kind of funny. Rich kids never thought they were rich. She probably thought having a second house was normal. She had no idea some kids didn't even have a room of their own. He certainly never had. But that wasn't on her. If he could snap his fingers and have been born to wealthy parents, he'd do it.

"I'll think about it," he said, the hint of promise in his voice. "I'll probably be working this summer, not sure where yet, but when I get fired I'll have free time."

"Hate you forever!" he repeated. "Never." His smile softened, lingering on her face with a touch of admiration. Merlin, she was really pretty.

His smile grew larger at her suggestion and he fished in his pockets for the knuts that would cover their drinks. He dropped them on the table and held out a hand for her, grinning as he said, "You ever sat by the lake at night?"
Ducky Baker
Ducky Baker
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 167

Back to top Go down

Post by Chastity Moor Sun Apr 02, 2023 11:17 pm

Chase actually looked surprised when he mentioned working somewhere that summer. It seemed she had never thought about having to do work over the summer holidays. At least not while she was in school. She smiled at him and shrugged. "Well, let me know, okay? You can always send me an owl as well. I do hope you don't get fired, though. That would be unfortunate."

She watched him fish for some money and frowned, a sudden look of concentration on her face as she tried to process what he was doing. She reached out, picked up the knuts, and held them back out to him. "Oh no! I can cover this." She grinned and pulled out her own purse, which was considerably more full of coins. "Honest." She put the knuts on the table instead and then stood up quickly.

"That sounds amazing! I've only ever seen the lake at sunset, and that's just cause it gets dark so early in the winter." She smiled at him and held out a hand to help him up. "I would love to see it in the dark, though."
Chastity Moor
Chastity Moor

Number of posts : 2008

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum