Weird Sisters Reunion Concert
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Weird Sisters Reunion Concert Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Weird Sisters Reunion Concert

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Weird Sisters Reunion Concert Empty Weird Sisters Reunion Concert

Post by Nessa Bridgewood Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:32 am

Most people didn't know it now, but her classmates from school undoubtedly did. Mairen Tierney had a famous father, and it had haunted her since the beginning. Merton Graves, cellist for The Weird Sisters, wasn't relevant on his own. In fact, he was a massive drunk, and rarely knew that people were able to recognize him - much less that they were excited to meet him. Typically, people regretted doing so.

Needless to say, when she found out that the Weird Sisters were having one last reunion - a last concert, period - she was surprised. It was happening because Myron, their lead singer, had gotten ill and nearly died. They wanted one last hurrah before the end came. And so they had all agreed. Myron, Merton, Gideon, Heathcote, Orsino, Donaghan, and Herman.

The tickets had sold like lightning, though Mai could not claim to be surprised by that. Finales were always the ones people couldn't handle very well, weren't they? And this concert would be their last installment, so to speak. The concert was to be held on the last night of the festival, with an after-party granted to the one hundred people who bought VIP tickets before they ran out. Plus the families, of course, but that was more or less irrelevant.

People meeting her father? Mai wasn't sure she could handle it. But obviously she had to be there. So she had snagged some tickets for her friends who were uninterested in fighting over those VIP slots, and arrived at the main stage venue early, with her dad. But as performance time came closer, the excitement started to set in as people filled up the seats and buzzed about seeing how the concert went.

--
[ooc: Attendees might be surprised that nothing astoundingly outrageous happens. Some items thrown off stage to the fans, a shattered guitar, etc. That's all to be expected. But no fights, no huge failures. At least, not unless someone in the audience gets up to something... *wink wink*]
Nessa Bridgewood
Nessa Bridgewood
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 195

Back to top Go down

Weird Sisters Reunion Concert Empty Re: Weird Sisters Reunion Concert

Post by Hallie Cooper Sun May 07, 2017 1:02 am

Spring had arrived and Summer was swiftly approaching. The season of barbecues in the countryside, clambering through the Peak District and making fresh lemonade at the weekends. It's certainly the time of year when Hallie Cooper finds her footing. The sun puts her in a good mood, the baking heat reignites any dying flames inside of her and her sweet tooth gets a whole dose of sugary treats from the seasonal strawberries. However, before Hallie could live the leisurely summer lifestyle she dreamt off throughout the winter periods, the Hogsmede Spring Fair needed attending to. This year the Weird Sisters would be performing a special concert of sorts and being a fun-loving girl who lives for the sheer experience of what life has to give passing up on a concert was not on Hallie Cooper's to-do-list.

Looking up from her VIP ticket Hallie found herself at her seat. It was, unsurprisingly, on the main floor not too far from the stage. Whenever the blonde found herself at such events she was never far from the front and if she wasn't at the front swinging waving her hands around she was being flung around a mosh-pit. Hallie never was one to run from the action. Being right in the thick of it was all she knew.

'I hope we're not waiting long.' Hallie said casually to whoever was besides her before pressing her lips to the straw and slurping on her firewhiskey cocktail. 'Are you a long time fan?'

It was perhaps a silly question, almost every witch or wizard was a long time fan. The Weird Sisters were legendary after all, with fans of all generations. Hallie herself had gotten into their infectious tunes through her parents listening to their records around the house when she was younger. Sadly, however, Hallie had been her usual busy auror-self and hadn't had time to dig out their records prior to the show. Tonight would be a good refresher.
Hallie Cooper
Hallie Cooper
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 927
Special Abilities : Non-Verbal Magic, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Post by Solstice Cane Sun May 07, 2017 7:16 pm

Solstice had been a fan, surely, of the Weird Sisters, but seeing them had not been something her mother had allowed her to do during the summer tours when she might have enjoyed doing so. Her mother's fears were that Solstice had veela in her blood, and she had never wanted Solstice to tempt fate by perhaps someone yanking out some of her hair in the mosh pit, even if Solstice was only half veela. No one knew whether Solstice would bear the same risk as the veelas in her family.

Solstice believed she had found a way around it tonight. She'd worn a crocheted had with beaded strands of feathers around the bottom that covered her hair. Sure, it was still possible that someone would accidently catch her hair, but that was a calculated risk. She did not intend to live in a bubble of fear forever.

Ever loving the bohemian style that was so in her blood, she had put together something that was appropriately Romani and bohemian--a broomstick skirt, a peasant blouse, an antique embroidered piano shawl, and some wonderful crocheted heels. Her owl, Jal was sitting on her shoulder, but he didn't seem to appreciate crowds anymore than Solstice usually did.

She had taken some iced Conjour Cocoa and had added some orange liqueur and a splash of coconut rum.  It was very tasty indeed. She made her way to her seat and found a young blonde woman there.

"I hope not either," Solstice said to the blonde. "I'm such a fan, but I've never been able to catch them in person. Hi, I'm Solstice."  She looked over at Jal who seemed to want to pull off a feather off her hat. "Go hunt or something," she told the owl, brushing him off her shoulder.
Solstice Cane
Solstice Cane
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 36
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity, Speaking to Birds

Back to top Go down

Post by Hallie Cooper Wed May 17, 2017 11:13 pm

Hallie laughed as the lady brushed her owl away ordering it to hunt. It was probably for the best, once the music was playing Hallie imagined that the volume would be a decibel too high for animals to handle. Granted it was usually muggle activity that deter nature away but, not unlike the muggle world, wizarding concerts were getting louder and louder.

'Oooh, you're in for a treat!' Hallie replied in delight, her eyes lighting up at the excitement of her own memories of her first Weird Sisters concert. 'I've seen them twice, my Mum was quite the fan in her day so I kind of grew up listening to them.'

'I'm Hallie, by the way. Nice to meet you Solstice.' The blonde added, taking in the appearance of the woman before her. It was quite fitting. The woman had that kind of hippie-look going on and it wasn't too out of the ordinary at a spring festival. People always seemed to experiment with their styles, Hallie herself had adopted round sunglasses and a funky-coloured jacket to cover her crop top.

'I like the feathers on your hat.' She exclaimed, taking another sip from her drink.

Hallie's look: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

(ooc: sorry for the slow reply!)
Hallie Cooper
Hallie Cooper
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 927
Special Abilities : Non-Verbal Magic, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa Bridgewood Thu May 18, 2017 4:55 pm

In truth, Mai should have looked before she sat down. That might have saved her the horror of realizing who she had sat next to. Damn those VIP tickets. Whoever decided they were lined up next to each other at the front -- well... That obviously made sense, but that didn't mean the redhead was happy about it.

Merlin's sake.

That, obviously, was the first thing to cross her mind when she glanced to her left and discovered that none other than Hallie Cooper herself was sitting there. Biting back a surprised noise, Mai was astoundingly grateful when a hand clapped down on her shoulder. Frank Longbottom, best mate extraordinaire, stood there with a pretend frown of disapproval. He'd heard the stories, of course, about Hallie, Theo and Mai.

"I believe you're in my seat, love."

Oh, thank goodness. "Sorry, Frank. I guess I misread mine." And with that she gratefully stood, scooting one seat to the side so that he could settle between her and the blonde. Predictably, though, Frank decided to play one of his little games.

So he quite purposefully looked over at Hallie, his expression curious but almost, like, friendly. Mai hated him a little bit. But not really. He leaned forward to include the woman Hallie was talking to as he offered a bright greeting. "'Ello, ladies. You two got those backstage pass tickets as well?"
Nessa Bridgewood
Nessa Bridgewood
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 195

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top