Spectacular Timing, Really. - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Spectacular Timing, Really. - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Spectacular Timing, Really.

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Spectacular Timing, Really. - Page 2 Empty Re: Spectacular Timing, Really.

Post by Kaiden Poliakoff Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:29 am

He understood what Adrienne had meant when she said that there was someone she had been living with during their previous meeting. He'd wanted to think it was with a friend, another girl, but he'd had a feeling it wouldn't have been so easy. Now, he also started to understand she'd meant by his "being up to all manner of things with a friend" of hers.

A lot made much more sense with that explanation, but he didn't want to believe it.

Maybe that was because it was his brother they were talking about and maybe it was because of the fact that they seemed to know more about his family that he did. Even if he'd previously known his brother was gay, he wouldn't have known it the way he was now. Kaiden blinked, unable to find any words at that moment and just stared at Selwyn. It seemed like anything was possible.

"So you know my brother, then?" he asked. He shouldn't have been surprised by that. Not with Adrienne, at least. With Selwyn it was different, he wanted to know how he knew his brother, but he wasn't sure if it was a good idea to ask him directly. Maybe he just didn't want to hear what the reasoning for knowing Oliver was. It probably wasn't something he would want to know.

"It really does seem like everyone knows about everything I should know except for me." he muttered, having no other words but those to say. Maybe it would've been best for everyone if he'd just stayed where he was instead of coming back. It seemed like everything would've been easier.
Kaiden Poliakoff
Kaiden Poliakoff
Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 418

Back to top Go down

Post by Everly Bardugo Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:16 am

[ooc: @Kim - I'm listening to Emperor's New Clothes by Panic! while writing this XD]

Adrienne nearly laughed at Selwyn's description of Oliver, and had to cover it up as though it had been a cough. She hadn't expected it to be amusing, considering she was being told that Shylock's former - or she thought it was former - lover had acted like he was her husband at the time.

But he hadn't been. It hadn't been Kaiden at all, through any of it. That is, if Kaiden was telling the truth now. For a moment, she questioned whether or not this was really him, but he had enough of Kaiden's old mannerisms that she found it hard to believe it could be anyone else.

But, clearly - what did she know?

Her lips thinned into a line at Kaiden's question, and that was probably answer enough. And he wasn't wrong about the next thing he said, either. Of course, one of her thoughts was nagging at her and she couldn't discern why. She just couldn't dismiss the surprised thought about how none of it had been Kaiden at all.

The fighting. The dinners from hell. The fact that he just let her leave when it got to the point where she simply couldn't stand it anymore. The-

Divorced. They had annulled the marriage, she thought. But it hadn't actually been Kaiden. She had no idea what that actually meant for her legally, and she actually had to sit forward and drop her head into her hands to keep from feeling like she was going to have some kind of fainting spell. She didn't think she actually would, but Adrienne quite clearly had the ability to over-react to things, and it was all just a bit much.

All she could properly get out was, "The divorce, Sel. What-? Oh, Merlin."
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 2817

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaiden Poliakoff Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:16 am

"Well, yeah, I guess you're right." Kaiden answered, the last bit of his sentence sounding more like a question than a statement.

Divorce? Oh right, Adrienne had mentioned something about that before.

Kaiden dropped his gaze, trying to think. He was (still) married. He'd been married after graduating, had apparently been given hell (maybe?) for being married to Adrienne, then they'd gotten an annulment on their marriage and at this point, he was supposed to not be married. But all of that had happened while he wasn't there. All of that had happened with Oliver, not Kaiden. Even though Oliver was pretending to be Kaiden.

But now that annulment was supposed to be.. well, annulled since Kaiden hadn't actually been the one who signed off on it with Adrienne. It was a lot to wrap one's mind around, speaking of which..

Kaiden's head hurt.

He really couldn't wait to be able to remember everything that had happened before he'd ended up in Greece. It would be as though he'd been in prison and he'd finally done his time and served his sentence and he'd finally be free. He hated not knowing anything, it was like everyone could be lying to him and he hated feeling like that.

Now that made him curious, Selwyn's statement. He wanted to know, though he didn't like the way it sounded as it came out of his mouth, if Adrienne still did 'like' him. He looked at her almost expectantly, trying his best not to seem that way but was probably failing.
Kaiden Poliakoff
Kaiden Poliakoff
Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Everly Bardugo Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:17 pm

Selwyn wasn't wrong. It did make sense. But although she was reluctant to admit it to begin with, everything was only made worse when he snapped at her. She sat up slowly, turning to glare at him.

"Y'know, I might have known that answer to that if he could remember a damn thing. It isn't very well him, now is it?" She returned fiercely. "I can't claim to like someone who doesn't even know himself."

So maybe she thought that applied to both of the men sitting in that room. She certainly had a problem when it came to knowing what she wanted, and when she was asked to make decisions. But there was also the part of her that still wasn't convinced that Selwyn really thought that being involved with both Shylock and herself could truly work.

That, of course, would explain the way her eyes narrowed and her tone became one of general distaste for the whole situation.

"What do you want me to say, then? That none of this is working? Because it clearly isn't. You two can't go at each other like this, or at me. Because then I might actually lose it."
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaiden Poliakoff Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:57 am

Kaiden didn't know what he was supposed to say now. Clearly they had their own issues that needed to be resolved. He felt bad, though. It was like he was the cause of it all. No, not like. He was the cause of it all.

As much as he didn't want to admit it, everything that was happening now was his fault. Well.. maybe not only his fault. If he thought about it enough, he could determine that it was his family's fault. Everything he's heard, everything he's been told, all of it just came back to things his family did. But that didn't mean he wasn't going to blame himself. Things would be so much easier if he could just remember things.

Adrienne had a point. How could she be sure that the Kaiden before her now was the one she'd "liked" back then? He didn't remember anything about himself so it wasn't like he could just say that he was the same person and be done with it. Even so, he was sure he'd changed a least a little bit from his old self because of his time in Greece. Here he was the heir of the Poliakoff family, there he'd been no one. There had to be a difference in who he was now as to back then.

Too bad he didn't remember.

There was something about how they were acting, how he was acting, that seemed.. familiar to him. Like he'd experienced something like that somewhere before. His gaze shifted from Selwyn to Adrienne, something clicking in his mind once he looked at her.

..."I'm going to see a friend for a few days."

"And when we're you planning on telling me you were leaving?"

"I'd only just decided."

Did he and Adrienne argue about something at some point before he disappeared? (Well, duh. They were a married couple, it happens.) He thought he sounded pretty upset, but he couldn't figure out why. "I-" he stopped himself. He wanted to ask her about that, but was it wise while Selwyn was there? Not just because he was there, actually. The whole situation wasn't good for that. He'd have to ask her another time, he thought.
Kaiden Poliakoff
Kaiden Poliakoff
Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Everly Bardugo Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:43 am

Adrienne sat forward as she faced Selwyn, eyes narrowing dangerously. If she'd seen herself in the moment, she might have even surprised herself. "Oh, I'm sorry. I can't take care of myself, is that it? I could have found a place, you sod. I was waiting for you to come back! But that's fine. I'm not enough on my own, it seems."

Tossing her hands up in the air, she shook her head at him. Of course, Kaiden didn't have the best timing.

"Not now, Kaiden," she snapped, standing and holding a hand out in his direction though she continued to glare at the deputy headmaster.

"Consider this whole thing over, then. I'll be gone before your last class is out for the day, don't you worry."
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top