You know you're doing well when you lose the interest of looking back
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

You know you're doing well when you lose the interest of looking back Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

You know you're doing well when you lose the interest of looking back

View previous topic View next topic Go down

You know you're doing well when you lose the interest of looking back Empty You know you're doing well when you lose the interest of looking back

Post by Corrine Ross Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:46 pm

To be honest, Corrine Ross came back to London just a few months ago. She used to think that she will never come back. Although she was in love with this city since the very first time she came here a few years ago, when Corrine left the city with her brother and unborn child, she didn't look back because she thought she left this life behind her.

But still, her fiance wanted to move from small city to London and how could she say to him that she can't come back here because her past will come back?
But here she is, working at the Leaky Cauldron as a waitress because when she gave birth to her son she only wanted to raise him to be a good man. And because of that, she hasn't much experience, except the time she spent as the waitress in America.

Even if people don't see that often, Corrine is very ambitious, so she applied for the job of manager of the Leaky Cauldron, even if she didn't think she has many chances to get that job.

Anyway, this morning she woke up at eight o'clock and went to job.
When she came in, they told her Declan wants to talk to her and now he is waiting for her in his office.
Hope in her was born immidiatly, maybe, just maybe she got a job.
She knocked at the office door and then came in.
"Good morning. You wanted to see me?" she looked at her boss.
Corrine Ross
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 24

Back to top Go down

You know you're doing well when you lose the interest of looking back Empty Re: You know you're doing well when you lose the interest of looking back

Post by Declan Arryn Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:37 am

Declan had always been careful about who he hired and who he promoted. If he'd known more about Corrine and her allegiances, perhaps he would not have hired her in the first place. Particularly after his adventure over the summer to assist the Order of the Phoenix. But, of course, he didn't know. And she had been working there for quite some time when he decided that, really, he didn't want to spend as many hours at the pub as he usually had to.

He wasn't concerned, actually, about leaving the pub in another person's hands during opening hours, or leaving them to close up. He had done that for years, and had extensive wards around the place. They had been designed by the former owner, explained to and redone by Declan so that he would get the alerts if things happened when they shouldn't, like people arriving after closing hours or dark magic being used within the pub's walls. So that wasn't the issue. The issue came from trying to pick the right person.

It would take someone with a slight perfectionist tendency, but also one who understood the business of taking care of customers. And as far as Declan could tell, Corrine Ross was the best person for the job.

So he asked the opening staff to let Corrine know, once she arrived for her shift, that he wanted to talk to her before she started working for the day.

When she knocked on the door, he put down the inventory list he was looking over. Offering a smile, he gestured towards the chair across the desk from him.

"Morning. Thanks for coming in."

Declan waited for her to sit before he reached down into the third drawer on the right side of his desk. He pulled a folder out, opening it in between them. Inside, there were a series of applications, both from his own employees as well as those from other pubs who were looking for a managerial position. He flipped through them, lifting up the corners to look at the names, until he found hers and moved it onto the top of the stack. Then he turned his attention back on Corrine.

"As you can see, I have received a number of applications for the manager position here. Although I imagine it would be quite fun to pretend you  hadn't gotten the job, I'm pleased to tell you that in fact you have. I'd like to spend fewer hours here, and I'm sure that you'd appreciate the raise in your pay. If nothing else, I'm sure it'll help."
Declan Arryn
Declan Arryn
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 480

Back to top Go down

You know you're doing well when you lose the interest of looking back Empty Re: You know you're doing well when you lose the interest of looking back

Post by Corrine Ross Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:20 pm

[I'm so sorry because it took me forever to write this, but you kinda know how I felt lately Sad ]

Corrine has no idea why Declan wanted to see her.
As far as she knows, she didn't do anything wrong. She really likes working here so she was completely careful to do everything right.
This was a great job for someone like her.
There was a lot of people so no one actually pays attention to her. She was safe here.

Corrine sat on the chair and kept looking at Declan while he was obviously looking for some papers.

"Wait, what?"
For few moments Corrine was totally confused. She was sure she didn't hear well. It's not possible she got the job.
There were so many people who wanted the job. People with a lot more experience and instead, he chooses her.
It was really great. Some extra money would be good, even if her fiance has good pay, Corrine always wanted to afford everything her son needed by herself.

"Really? I got the job?" she couldn't resist, so smile formed on her face.
"It's great, thank you. You won't regret" she promised, still too happy to say anything else.
It was good actually because it took all her self-control to stay in that chair instead of getting up and hugging him.
Corrine Ross
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 24

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top