New job, new chance
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

New job, new chance Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

New job, new chance

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New job, new chance Empty New job, new chance

Post by Aneta Markova Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:56 pm

Aneta woke up at 5am.
She needs to come to work at 8am but she is that person who is perfectionist, last night she already choose clothes for today but still she woke up earlier to be sure she will not be late at her first day at new job.
She wasn't nervous at all.
Most of people would be nervous, because they will come at new place where probably no one knows you, and everyone will be looking at you trying to figure out what kind of person you are.
They will want to know if you are friendly, smart, and everything else.
But Aneta isn't kind of person who cares for people's opinion.

She was in front of Ministry of Magic at at exactly 5 minutes before 8 am.
They told her that she needs to meet her new boss, girl whose name is Claire.
So she find her office and knocked twice before she heard 'come in' and then she entered in the office.
"Good morning, I'm Aneta, new Head of the Auror Office. They told me I should come and meet you as soon as possible" she said politely looking at the girl.
Aneta Markova
Aneta Markova

Number of posts : 257

Back to top Go down

New job, new chance Empty Re: New job, new chance

Post by Claire Bishop Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:00 pm

((So sorry I dropped the ball on this! Life has been crazy!))

This had been a hellish summer.

Her Aurors were worked to the bone, having spent so much time and effort looking for those kids. They worked for a good forty-eight hours straight once the news about the train had hit, inspecting every inch of the track, interviewing every family, looking through every file of every known Dark wizard looking for some sort of lead. In the end, it had been a bunch of nobodies to orchestrate some sort of rescue, though word had it her good ol' pal Jack Dyllan had been involved, and was now in hot water for it - neither of which surprised Claire much.

Really, she was just glad they were at a point in time where it was behind them. She had attempted to rework schedules to give her department some much needed time off, but it was no easy job. They had been without a head of the Aurors for more than a few months. It wasn't an oversight so much as a bureaucratic mess. The few Aurors she felt could be promoted into the job were either unwilling or not yet qualified, and getting in contact with anyone of any standing during the train mess was a near impossibility. Claire had found herself doing the job and asking Acker to cover where he could.

She didn't know much about Aneta. Some of the side effects of the scrutiny the Ministry had earned meant that decisions were now going through so many tiers that Claire doubted she could have even managed to suggest someone. Not that she doubted Aneta's qualifications. She just didn't know the woman.

Her secretary had just delivered her the woman's file, when not a few moments later, Ms Markova had arrived. Claire ushered her in. Aneta spoke professionally, politely. Claire indicated the chair across from her before extending a hand to shake. "Nice to meet you, Aneta. I'm Claire Bishop."

Her hands fell on the file in front of her. "I actually only just received your file. We've had some upset in the order of power around here and the dust is still settling, so I honestly don't know much about you. I'm sure I'd much rather hear it from the source than a file-" though she would certainly go over the file with a fine-toothed comb later "-so why don't you tell me a little about yourself, your qualifications, experience, etcetera. And feel free to ask me any questions?"

She reached for her cooled drawer of water bottles to grab one for herself, before looking over at Aneta. "Anything to drink?"
Claire Bishop
Claire Bishop
Durmstrang Graduate
Durmstrang Graduate

Number of posts : 193

Back to top Go down

Post by Aneta Markova Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:57 pm

Aneta didn't think that she would ever, even in an alternate universe, work in law enforcement.
She was always catch, and now for the first time in her life, she becomes a hunter.
True, it took a lot of effort to even get a chance to work in the Ministry, is certainly not easy to live her whole life as a criminal, and then decide to work on the side of justice.
However, she discovered that money really buys everything. With a certain amount of money, you can even buy your past.
For this reason, the file that girl held the will not say anything true about Aneta.
She can only discover that Aneta was a good employee, ready for new challenges blah blah.
Ordinary nonsense that will enable success.

After shaking hands with her new boss, Aneta sat down and briefly shook her head when Claire offered her a drink.
"No thank you," she smiled and then cleared her throat before she looked at her boss and continued.
"Well, my name is Aneta Markova. I'm 28 years old.
I was born in Russia, where I attended Koldovstoretz school for witches and wizards" she paused for a moment as if she wants to fix her hair.
Her background was perfect and Aneta is able to tell everything what is written in that file without error.
Although she spoke with confident voice, occasionally she was making a pause because she wasn't wanted to look like if she was telling a fairy tale story or something like that.
"For two years I worked as an Auror in Russia and then I got a job in Switzerland.
In Switzerland, I worked four years as Head of the Auror office."

She looked at the girl as she spoke, decisively changing her past.
Of course she can not tell the truth about herself. She would never get a job if this girl knew Aneta's past.
However, a little history might help, right?
"After that, I got a secret mission and I joined the Death Eaters and stayed there almost three years as a spy. It has worked perfectly but the pressure became too great, tasks more difficult and they pulled me back. Now I'm here," she shrugged and smiled. This has been great.

"I think it's best if you ask me if you have more questions although I am sure that in that file are written all of my skills. In addition to the skills required for this job, perhaps I should mention that I really good speak four languages: Russian, French, German and English." with this she finished her presentation. This was probably the only truth in her speech. She knows Russian because she was born in Russia, the French have learned during her time in Paris with her ex-boyfriend and the other two languages ​​.. So, when you live in a country with four official languages, it is necessary to know at least two of them.
Aneta Markova
Aneta Markova

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire Bishop Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:45 pm

The blonde woman spent a lot of her time having to hear the same thing over and over again, and usually from unenthusiastic bureaucrats who spoke as humorlessly and dryly as possible so as to purposefully lose the attention of the person they were speaking to - she knew the trick, and had used it to her advantage before. She wasn't bored or uninterested in this woman's qualifications. But she was finding herself worn down in the job and lacking the passion that might have tempted more than a polite expression out of her ever tiring face.

Aneta certainly had the job experience. The involvement with the Death Eaters was a little interesting and it was the word spy that really caught her attention. She forced her mind away from the word and instead latched onto the other part. "Were you ever caught? Do they know your identity?"

She didn't have questions, which was personal pet peeve of Claire's - didn't she want to know how big the department was? Her immediate responsibilities? However she continued on, noting her languages and Claire arched an eyebrow. Impressive. "You speak four languages well," she reiterated. "That could be useful."

"You'll find a lot of our work has to do with small time, petty criminals," she said, plunging right into the meat of the job. "Most of that is handled by Tobis Acker - he heads up the Law Enforcement Patrol. However, he's severely understaffed, so the Aurors end up handling a lot of that work as well. We have some guys at large, as most countries do, James Blood being one of them, though he's been gone awhile. We have a pretty top-notch filing system, best I've seen-" because I implemented it "so any information you'll need will be there." She tapped her fingers on the desk, thoughtfully. "Anything else you'd like to be briefed on before being thrown into the fire?"
Claire Bishop
Claire Bishop
Durmstrang Graduate
Durmstrang Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Aneta Markova Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:45 pm

Aneta looked at the blonde surprised that she actually got a question.
The girl didn't seem uninterested, just tired, which is why Aneta thought that blonde is eager to finish this conversation.
She shook her head before answering.
"They didn't catch me. We were very careful when exchanging data and messages were in code. The most common messages looked like love letters addressed to the boyfriend" Aneta shrugged.
In fact, it is a technique that she often used among Death Eaters and found that it's really effective if the other part can understand the essence of the message.

"Death Eaters know only my alias, so they never found out my true identity. They still know me by that alias, a couple of times it happened that the Ministry should find out some information and then I could help them. My alias was Audrey" actually Carmen, Audrey was just her false identity.
However, Carmen was known among many people as a Death Eater, and now she didn't want to risk it and tell her name that actually used.

Aneta is not a person who will ask unnecessary questions and thus waste time.
Time is everything so while she can learn something by herself, will not bother herself to ask people about it.
She was reading about the department a lot before she came to this conversation, so she already knows all the important things, the rest will find out during work.
She carefully listened to all what her new boss speaks, concentrated to remember everything important.
Well, James Blood? She had heard of him. According to the stories, James and Fenrir are still inspiration for the terrible horror stories. Ok, she will think about them when the time comes, maybe even try to get in touch with them, they can be useful.

She shook her head "No, I think that's all. I researched about ministry in the time before this conversation and except advanced technology which you use here for the archiving of data, operation is the same as in Switzerland," the blonde looked quite proud as she spoke on the filing system so Aneta assumed that Claire had something with it, so she mentioned that.
People love compliments.
"Of course, some things I still need to learn but I think it is best way to learn something by doing it," she said briefly.
Aneta Markova
Aneta Markova

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire Bishop Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:31 pm

"That's very reassuring," Claire said. She had found the Death Eaters in England were sort of like... irritating poltergeists. Most of the time, they weren't there, but every once in awhile they did something especially malicious. They were becoming less of a priority, but she certainly didn't want to stir them up. And she really didn't want a foreign affair either. The less connection to other Death Eater groups, the better.

"Well, then, if there's nothing else, let's check out the department," she said, standing. She circled around her desk and went out the door, holding the door open for Aneta.

Her secretary immediately called, "Claire, we have an emergency call with the D-O-M."

Claire stopped and flicked her eyes skyward. "Of course." She glanced down at the watch on her wrist as she felt someone's approach. "Ah. Caleb!"

Caleb Flint had either been on his way to ask her a question or flirt with her secretary, but either way he immediately strolled up with a comfortable smirk on his face. "Reporting for duty."

"This is Ms Markova, the new Head of the Aurors. I have to deal with a situation, could you give her a quick tour?"

"It would be my pleasure," he said, settling his confident, friendly gaze on the redhead.

"Alright, I'm sorry to leave you, but you're in capable hands," Claire said, turning her attention towards Aneta. "We'll catch up soon. Nice meeting you."

And she was off.

((Question : When Aneta is Carmen, does she also wear a disguise? Or would a fellow Death Eater recognize her?))
Claire Bishop
Claire Bishop
Durmstrang Graduate
Durmstrang Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Aneta Markova Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:13 pm

Aneta thank and went out of the office.
While Claire spoke with her secretary, Aneta looked around her indifferently.
D-O-M? What's that supposed to mean? However, she continued to remain silent assuming that the tour around the department will not happen.

At that moment Claire called a guy named Caleb and then, after a few moments told that she had to go.
"It's okay, I'm glad to meet you" Aneta smiled politely and almost rolled her eyes when she looked at the boy. Convenient, obviously aware of his charm and good look, the worst kind of men.
After Claire went, Aneta pay attention to the guy standing in front of her.

"I'm Aneta, it's nice to meet you," she said seriously, professionally and offered her hand to him.
"Shall we go?" she looked at him.
Aneta Markova
Aneta Markova

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum