#5 - Page 4
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

#5 - Page 4 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

#5 - Page 4 Empty Re: #5

Post by Nessa Bridgewood Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:14 pm

“Bentley Pierson, what the bloody hell sort of place are you taking me to?”

Mairen (Graves) Tierney was having a heck of a day, and the sudden appearance of her best friend had not made that too much better, apparently. Otherwise, she wouldn’t have been cursing at him. She didn’t do such things for no reason, of course. She had a bit more class than that. Or she told herself so, anyway. That claim was refuted slightly by the outfit that she was currently slipping on.

To be quite plain, the outfit was hardly deserving of the term ‘outfit.’ It was very little on the whole, and it was only made worse by the fact that Ben himself had laid it out for her. She hadn’t thought, really; she had just picked it up and taken it to the bathroom with her to get him to shut up.

“It isn’t exactly a dinner party, Mai! I looked the place up, and it is definitely appropriate for the atmosphere. So just… c’mon, love. For me?”

“You must be positively barmy over this guy, Ben. Otherwise we’d get to stay in. So, whoever this professor sort is, he better look insanely attractive in that classroom or I’ll never forgive you for dragging me into this,” Mai declared through the cracked-open doorway. Holding up the shirt in front of her, her eyes widened and she leaned back to stick her head out into the bedroom. “Seriously?!”

Ben, for his part, had turned up her speakers so loud she had to shout over them. So her question was loud both due to shock as well as necessity. He had found her old CD of Frankie Valli the Four Seasons, and turned the track to his apparent favorite. After she pulled the top on and came back into the room, he gestured to the fabric and took her hand to spin her once as he sang along. Glancing down, she had to laugh at his reference to her favorite. Rosado, but the lighter sort.

“Sherry, sherry baby!”

“Your voice is much too deep!” She reprimanded over the music. He just chuckled and gestured for her to show him the correct way. She rolled her eyes but ended up laughing as he waited on her. “Oooh, oh you look so fine!” she burst out, giggling as she looked around for her ankle-high boots. “What are these even called?” She asked suddenly, holding one up and looking over at him from her perch on the end of her bed.

“Booties?” He suggested, shrugging.

“Gross,” she scrunched up her nose.

Ben just shrugged again as a laugh lifted from her chest, apparently uninterested in arguing with her while she was smiling and had apparently become more willing to go with him. He wasn’t about to mess that up. It took her twice as long as it took him to get ready, but he had expected that, so the time in which he sat about – or, rather, was lying about across her bed – he spent telling her all about the handsome, clever, funny, charming-

“Ben!” She interrupted. “I get the hint,” she laughed, shaking her head at him as she twisted around and leaned over the back of her vanity’s chair. Her hair fell across her neck as she swung towards the mirror again, applying a lipstick that was nearly invisible, but it had enough pink and shimmer to be worthwhile. Looking to Ben for approval, which he gave quite heartily by way of two thumbs up and a grin, she announced that she was finished. Finally.

She reached then for her wand, casting a preservation sort of charm. If she was going to be drunk in a couple of hours, which she fully intended to be, at least she wouldn’t look it. Mai gave her wand a bit of a funny look before settling it on the vanity and leaving it there.

“You aren’t bringing it?” Ben asked, surprised.

“And risk splinching myself on the way home? No, I’m going to get back the Muggle way,” she expressed, lifting up a couple of folded twenties and tenners. Those, along with her ID – just in case – were stuffed into her front pocket. She supposed it would be harder to take from her if it was harder to reach.

Just as they were about to go, Mai hesitated. Ben turned to look at her, eyebrows lifted in question.

“Does this bloke know we’re showing up? Or that you are, for that matter?”

“Ah,” he replied, hand reaching up to his neck. She crossed her arms and frowned at him knowingly. “Not exactly. Hayes mentioned it when he interrupted us, and it isn’t like the club isn’t popular. And Baldric and I mentioned we might have to catch up some other time. And it’s been nearly four days, so-“

“Four days?!” She returned, eyes widening. “That’s not the same as- I mean, do you even know if he’s into you like that? What if he isn’t, and he just meant-?”

“Let me have this one, Mai,” he complained. She drew in a slow breath, letting it out in one exasperated exhale. “We’ll find out one way or another.”

“…You owe me so many drinks for this, Pierson.”

They were, in fact, both a few drinks in by the time Ben startled, standing up straight mid-dance and gesturing not very subtly towards the bar. She shouted over the music, telling him to get gone, then, if he was just going to be staring at the hot professor across the way. Of course, she didn’t realize what a prophecy she had spoken for herself.

Ben, fool for Professor Wood that he was, and completely aware of how many jokes he could make about the man’s name and profession, made his way to the bar. Holding up a hand to get the man’s attention, he leaned forward across the very end of the bar, watching a ways down where the group from Hogwarts was. Of course, it wasn’t lost on him how strange it was that the group was made up of staff. The moment he caught Baldric’s eye, he tilted his head and grinned.

Across the club, Mai was surreptitiously keeping an eye on her friend. Of course, that didn’t mean that she wasn’t continuing on with her evening. She wouldn’t let Ben have all the fun without her. She saw his challenging look when it was directed towards the other end of the bar. Merlin, she was curious. She wanted to see who it was!

Your sweet sweet lovin’ won't you put it on me?
Keep me coming cos you're all that I need
You give me love, I give you everything that you want
As long as you love me…

Suddenly, there was a hand sliding around her waist, drawing her attention away. Should she have pushed them away? Perhaps. Especially considering how unwilling she had been earlier that evening. But now there was the imagined feeling of firewhiskey coursing through her veins, and the actual fuzziness that tickled at her senses. She didn’t, in that moment, give a whit about who was there. So rarely did she experience human contact if it wasn’t with Ben, or from professional handshakes at work, that nights like these were something of a novelty. She could handle herself, though, and get herself back to her flat at the end of the night without fear of running into a dangerous situation. So when the stranger’s fingers splayed across the skin beneath the hem of her top, Mai just smiled a bit to herself and kept dancing.

Ben was still on her mind, though, so when the girls blocking her view of the bar moved, she searched for him again. When her gaze focused in, she saw him grinning against the glass the bartender had apparently passed him. Mai smiled as well, sweeping her eyes down the bar to the other end, seeking out the other professor. Surely he would be looking Ben’s way, too? How could he not? So she just had to find the one who-

Merlin.

Her eyes locked with someone who definitely was not focused on Bentley. Who in the world…?

Despite the person behind her and the fact that she continued to sway against their hips to the rhythm of the music pounding through the club, a slow smirk pulled her cheeks as she watched the man in question. The poor sod behind her didn’t have a chance. Not a shot in the dark of getting what he was clearly after. Still, she had enough etiquette to stay put until the number ended. His hand strayed down to the top of her shorts, his pinky darting over the top button. Her breath hitched and she considered ducking away. Instead, she bent her knees enough that his hand was forced to slide back up, before returning to her normal height. He seemed to get the hint.

Regardless of all that, though, she hadn’t turned her head. Mr. Tall Dark and Handsome was still in his spot to her left. As the song faded and swirled into the next pick, she tore her eyes away and gracefully removed herself from the grasp of the man who had come along to dance with her.

As he turned and walked away, she reached up to push back a section of her hair and shifted to face the bar properly. Her eyes flicked back up to his and she smiled at him fully, shifting her weight over one foot. Before he had the time to decide what to do with himself, she let her hand fall to her side and stepped backwards, into the fray.
Nessa Bridgewood
Nessa Bridgewood
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 195

Back to top Go down

Post by Melissa Finnigan Mon May 09, 2016 9:34 pm

Twirling underneath Theodore’s arm, Melissa Finnigan burst into a peal of giggles. She shook her head and unlinked their fingers. He grinned at her in response and tossed a half-embrace about her before leading her over to the bar where the rest of their friends had gathered. She had sacrificed herself for Baldric’s amusement. The already too-drunk Irishman had flapped off to dance and had attempted, in a rather clunky manner, to drag the History of Magic professor with him. Having taken a sip of the drink that the bartender had been courteous enough to make for her first – much to Baldric’s intense dismay – Millie had offered to substitute.

Much to her amazement, even drunk, Theodore was an excellent dancer. He stayed more towards traditional movements, a product of his upbringing she didn’t doubt, and it was a pleasant change from the grinding and writhing that was typically part and parcel of clubbing. It was early yet, though, and they had a little bit more room to move about, their dance growing comical and playful to the end of the song. Theodore leaned down, pressing an affectionate kiss to the top of the blonde’s head, and then pulled away to retrieve his drink that Baldric was patiently holding out.

Chatter filled their time and Baldric let his eyes sweep around the place, half trying to find himself someone to go with, half trying to do a quick risk assessment in order to establish how much trouble Theodore was going to get himself into that evening. Plenty, by all accounts.

“Hey, you’re late!” A bright, Welsh verve broke over the music and Baldric’s eyes moved to see Sarah and Connall Hayes sloping over to them, the latter looking thoroughly snogged. A smirk tugged at the Scot’s lips.

“Alright, little brother?” Connall asked, raising an eyebrow at Keiran with a smile.

“YOU’RE HERE!”

Oh Merlin

Baldric cringed into his drink as Theodore threw his arms around his cousin and as they chattered amongst themselves, he let his eyes drift across the bar to … Ben? Perking up, Baldric set down the drink and watched, waiting for the brunette to glance his way. Despite the urge to, he didn’t look away when those eyes finally settled on him. A broad grin lit up Baldric’s face, instead. Bingo.

“C, you need to meet Millie!” Theodore exclaimed brightly. “And Ollie and Alice.”

Sarah’s eyebrows shot to her honey hairline and she glanced over at Keiran. “How much did you let him drink? It’s too early for him to be like this.”

“Like what?” Theodore looked affronted, a pout appearing.

“Why are you such a hyperactive drunk?” Connall laughed, shaking his head as he let go of Sarah who had ducked out from under his arm to go over to chat to the girls, apologising hurriedly for not saying immediately how nice it was to meet them.

“It’s part of my charm,” Theodore retorted blithely over the music.

“Charm? We got all the Rookwood charm, mate.” He chuckled at Theodore’s scandalised look and he turned his head to Ollie, offering his hand. “Connall, Keiran’s big brother. The blonde’s my wife – Sarah. Theo’s the only one with a taste for something a bit exotic, I think.”

“Hey!” Sarah returned, drawing her arms around her husband’s middle. “Nothing wrong with blondes.”

“They do have the most fun,” Connall smirked, his embrace winding around her.

“Don’t you forget it, buddy.” She quipped back, her lips lifting licentiously.

“Okay, gross. Right,” Theodore threw his hands up into the air. “Millie, pass me my drink. I need to get out of here before they make Kegs another nephew.”

“Where’re you going?” Alice asked, doing it for her friend who had slipped off onto the dancefloor.  

“Darling,” he drawled, intending to exhibit some of that Rookwood charm. At that moment, he happened to look out over the dancefloor and he caught sight of a redhead. Not just any redhead, either, he’d insist later through his hangover.

“Theo?” Connall prompted. The music changed. The first few beats began and they all recognised it immediately, many of them rolling their eyes in amusement at the choice.

“Gotta go,” he declared, handing the drink back to Alice clumsily before heading out onto the dancefloor.

“Where’s Bae?” Connall asked all of a sudden, knowing that he would want to see this.  

“He’s with some guy,” Millie announced, reappearing by Keiran’s side, “they looked pretty comfy. What’s going on?” She asked.

“We’re witnessing something only David Attenborough should have the right to narrate,” Sarah snickered behind her hand.

“Your brother was right,” Millie took Keiran’s hand, leaning up to speak in his ear. “You two definitely got all the charm.”

Charm was something Theodore wasn’t bereft of either, sober. Drunk, however? Well, you could tell by the way he used his walk he was a woman’s man.

“You never went all mating dance on me,” Alice and Sarah looked up to their respective partner’s, both commenting their own variation of this observation at the same time. They turned to each other and grinned immediately, laughter bubbling up from within them.

“I can’t wiggle my arse like that, love,” Connall muttered, utterly transfixed by the bizarre gracefulness of the ungainly creature on the dancefloor. “The pair of you wouldn’t have shagged either of us, nor married us,” he glanced at Alice’s hand and shrugged, his eyes flicking to Ollie, “y’know, eh? Gotten together, besides, whatever… the point is… that is a special sort of woman if that gets him through the door.”

“Ooh, look, there he goes,” Millie observed as Theodore reached Mai, his hands sliding experimentally across her hips. “Smooth.”

“Maybe I should’ve tried that,” Connall considered after a moment.

“No.” Everyone seemed to universally agree.

“Is that how he's introducing himself?” Alice asked as she laughed.

“Who shouts their name that loudly? KEIRAN. I’M MILLIE!” She parroted, splitting into giggles before she could properly get out her name.

“That, I believe, is what you’d refer to as a mating call,” Sarah pronounced knowledgably.

“The caw of the wild Theobird,” her husband concurred.
Melissa Finnigan
Melissa Finnigan
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 669
Special Abilities : Seer

Back to top Go down

Post by Keiran Hayes Mon May 09, 2016 11:28 pm

Keiran looked up as his brother approached, only to roll his eyes at Theodore. As pleased as he was to be out - particularly given the week he had been through - there was something strange about the combination of people there. Alice and Oliver were not necessarily a surprise, as Millie's friends would be more than welcome, and Keiran had known the Hufflepuff since school, despite being a couple of years older. Baldric, though Keiran wasn't completely sure, seemed to be waiting for something, and each time Millie went out to dance he found himself glancing her way more often than he should have. It didn't matter, really, when it was Theodore, though. He had not shown any genuine interested in the new professor.

Not that Keiran had a reason to notice that or care about it. Obviously. She was irksome, he reminded himself. Despite the fact that he felt bizarrely drawn to her, he chalked it up to the information she had shared with him at the start of the week and the way she taught. She had made him rather concerned regarding the whole doilies thing but he had been careful to avoid accidentally touching her since then. Equally, her teaching method was impressive, and he reminded himself that, actually, he just found passion and talent attractive. Surely that was all it was.

He did reach a hand out to his brother's shoulder in greeting, though, not one for shouting over the music unless there was something important to be said. Sarah and Connall proceeded to greet the new members of their group, but Keiran couldn't see Millie. When had she wandered off? His attention returned when the joke about their types. Perhaps it was better that she was elsewhere.

Even if Theo had apparently not noticed.

Ben, somewhere across the room, was being quite charming. He hadn't had too much to drink yet, really, so he could at least keep his act together without having to lean on Baldric or anything. So that was something, he supposed. At least he hadn't been wrong. Or so it seemed. Mai would be sassed for that, he decided.

As his brother asked after Baldric, Keiran turned to Alice, musing aloud. "I wonder if he'll remember any of this tomorrow. I kind of hope he doesn't."

Suddenly, Millie was back and standing next to him again. Sarah answered the question for him, which was just as well. But her hand slid into his and he suspected she was using it as leverage to get him to lean down so she could offer her comment within range. At least the music wouldn't block her out, that way. He wasn't sure what to say in reply other than, "I'm pretty sure we all knew that already," letting something of a smirk appear before he covered it up with his glass.

He couldn't help but agree with his brother, of course. "I doubt," he spoke over the throwback tune, "that you will ever catch me trying such a thing. If this works, though, I might have to reconsider," he added with a laugh, trying to ignore the way his thumb was considering brushing over her fingers.

Oliver grinned, tugging Alice into his side and pressing a kiss to her temple. He figured small shows of affection were more effective in a setting like this. And besides, he knew better than to try anything absurd with Alice. He wasn't oblivious to the fact that she would be, according to most, the one with any sort of power or position. But, frankly, he just didn't care. He'd won her over somehow, hadn't he? He sure wasn't about to go complaining about it.

Mai, for her credit, was trying not to laugh at the man from the bar as he approached. She certainly knew the words as well, but - much like Oliver - she wasn't interested in making a fool of herself. This guy, however, didn't seem to mind. She wasn't sure if that was interesting or odd. Her eyebrows were lifted in a sort of silent question, but she wasn't sure he noticed.

She caught his name - how could she not? - and thought about offering her own in return, but Mai wasn't sure he could remember it, so what did it matter? It was a rather unusual name, for starters. And he had to be quite drunk. If not, she would have been rather concerned for him and his friends.

Perhaps, she mused, he would leave when the song was over. Maybe he would be like the bloke she had just danced the previous song with. And, in that case, what did it matter? His hands found her sides, and she decided that he was certainly attractive enough to hold her attention for the time being. Even if he kept singing the words quite loudly and she had no chance of saying anything even if she wanted to.

To be fair, he wasn't a dreadful dancer. And Mai knew just as most did, undoubtedly, what skill in dancing could suggest. It did raise the question, however, if that held true: Was he this ridiculous in other areas too? Or was that just the alcohol taking over? Regardless, she figured that she had come out to let Ben have his fun, even if she didn't know how that was going. So she figured she would just go with it until she was too tired to keep at it.

Her hand slid up his arm, to his neck, bracing herself a bit. Despite the slight hesitation to her movements, she went with it. Turning her head back to the bar out of curiosity, she couldn't see Ben. But she could see a shockingly large group watching her and laughing to each other. Although she didn't know who the shorter blonde or the man she was holding onto, Mai was unimpressed with the fact that they seemed to be having a laugh about her. Or maybe it was the man in front of her. Probably that. Probably both, actually.

She wasn't great at reading lips - particularly in the dark of a club and from a distance - but she actually locked eyes with one of the men, who seemed amused but as though he was merely watching the interaction.

Keiran, across the room, didn't notice Mai's attention turning towards them, as he was too caught up in Millie's joke. In fact, he offered the greeting in return, wiggling about a little absurdly to mimic his cousin. When he looked back in Theodore's direction, the redhead was frowning at him. His brow furrowed and he gave Millie's hand a squeeze before gesturing with the hand that held his drink towards the pair.

Mai had already turned her gaze back on Theo, feeling a bit bad for him. She had no way of knowing, of course, that he was just as cozy in their group as the others, but she imagined that she recognized a sort of similarity in him to herself. If he was, in fact, the outsider, she found that quite unfair. What sort of people went out with a group of friends only to make fun of one of them without his knowing?

Without even having to look, she knew they were still watching. A very large part of her doubted that this man had any trouble with women or his friends when sober, but the actions of his group suggested otherwise. Concern pulled at her features for a moment, but she didn't give herself time to think on it. She wouldn't see this man again after tonight. She never came to this club, after all, and Ben wouldn't need her to come with him anymore if his disappearance suggested anything. She hoped it did.

The hand that was still resting on his arm reached up to join the other at his neck, and Mai realized that seconds had passed, not minutes like she thought. She didn't dare glance back towards the people watching them, instead lifting up on her toes and pulling him towards her.

At the bar, Oliver choked on his drink and Keiran jerked backwards in surprise. "What the hell?" The professor exclaimed, frowning down at his drink for a moment before looking up again. He put it down on the bar with an expression of distaste. For just a second, he wished Baldric was there, if only so he could see the man's reaction. After a few beats, Keiran just shook his head.

"I can't watch this," he declared loudly, the disapproval evident in his voice, then turned towards Millie. "Come on," Keiran added, tugging her along by the hand.
Keiran Hayes
Keiran Hayes
Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 548

Back to top Go down

Post by Melissa Finnigan Tue May 10, 2016 12:55 am

The watchers didn’t mind being watched themselves, it seemed, though really they were cheering on their friend. Sort of. They were still laughing at him, mind you, but as it appeared the redhead was getting more into it, they fell to something that looked like silent appreciation. When she reached up and tugged him down to meet her, a ripple of surprise moved through them and then true appreciation followed, with Connall chuckling proudly in his wife’s ear, his mouth finding her neck as Theo grew into the redhead’s kiss, closing his lids over wide, surprised eyes, his spare hand reaching up to cradle the back of her head tenderly.

Alice turned as soon as Ollie did, her hands coming up to his shoulders, her body twisting around to observe him, the inquiry for his welfare already on her lips. The bartender, idle at their end of the bar, set a glass of iced water on the side for Ollie and Alice thanked him. She moved around so she was facing him and her mouth reached for his, giving him soft, chaste kisses between her words as she asked him again if he was alright.

Sarah smiled, her head having whipped round with concern when she heard Ollie choke. Keiran’s exclamation had also gained her attention but his brother was more interest in the pair stood a little behind them. He raised an eyebrow at the joined hands of the blonde and brunette and flicked his eyes towards Keiran’s just as the Slytherin pushed off to breeze past them, taking advantage of her little hand having settled contentedly in his far larger one to pull the blonde behind him towards the dancefloor.

“Smooth,” Connall murmured in Sarah’s ear, echoing the professor’s comment from only moments ago.

“You think…?” She queried, twisting in his arms to look up at him. “You know…”

“Well, anything’s possible now!” He laughed, sweeping her with him towards the bar for another drink.

“Shall we go and dance?” Alice asked brightly, her hand reaching down to intertwine her finger’s with Ollie’s.

The song finished off and Theo pulled his lips away from his redhead’s, a dopey smile immediately crossing over face. As a new song warmed up, Alice bounced out onto the dance floor and Millie twirled around, exclaiming in nonsensical excitement. She giggled as she lifted up two fingers towards Keiran’s eyes before gesturing to herself in time with the words.

Across the bar, as more people moved towards the dancefloor, Bendric found themselves with a bit more space. Baldric shifted over despite it and experimentally furled an arm loosely around Ben’s waist, a small smirk pulling at his lips as he leaned his hips in towards the other man’s.

“Can I kiss you?” He asked, his voice huskier than he would have intentionally made it. “Thought I’d ask – the gentlemanly thing to do, after all.”

Reaching up, Millie brought her arms to rest on Keiran’s shoulders and she bobbed in closer to him. The drinks she’d had made her feel a little less inhibited about doing so. She was as close to him as Baldric was to Ben, the twin sets of bodies flush up against each other. It was something that in the moment felt entirely normal. Right, even, because dancing really did equate to that other thing. She could feel mortified about it later, in the cold light of a sober day.
Melissa Finnigan
Melissa Finnigan
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by James Potter Tue May 10, 2016 11:06 pm

What had quite genuinely started out as something done out of pity quickly became confused in Mai's mind. She nearly forgot where they were for a moment, but that was silly and unlike her, so she let that little, hidden part of her mind point out that she was acting mental. Still, he was positively beaming at her, and while Mai wasn't entirely sure if he knew why he was doing it, he still made her laugh and roll her eyes. It most certainly could have been worse.

Oliver ended up laughing in response to Alice's concern, as he had mostly just been surprised. Alcohol going down the wrong side definitely stung, though, so he was appreciative when the bartender noticed and set down a glass of water for him. He reached for the glass but his free hand went to Alice's hip. After taking a drink, he assured her that he was quite alright. He laughed again, hugging her to him and kissing her beneath her ear.

When she suggested they head onto the dance floor, he agreed easily, knowing that - even if he was rubbish a bit, Alice wouldn't mind it. So he took another sip before settling his hand at the small of Alice's back and letting her lead the way.

The timing was fantastic, which Keiran would completely take credit for someday, when talking about the night was less awkward. He would be referring to the song, of course, because it wasn't awkwardly slow, and gave Millie the chance to be as silly as she wanted. And act silly, she most certainly did. But it was strangely charming, so he hardly minded it. She pulled his attention towards her, which was fine with him, and it led him to take a couple of steps towards her.

As her arms came up, one of his wound around her waist and his other hand splayed across the middle of her back, as if he could just keep her there. This was so not what he was supposed to be doing with one of his colleagues. And yet, there they were. And he wasn't really complaining. Not that it would save him in the following week. Avoiding her would be easy enough until she needed something and sent him a patronus asking for help. He wasn't sure how he would act later, but in the moment, he didn't want to think about it.

So he didn't. He just held onto her and let the more relaxed side of himself come through.

Ben hadn't been sure that things were going to go the way he hoped they would. Of course, Baldric was quite forward, and that was pretty fine with Ben. It made it much easier for him if they took turns, so to speak. A fantastically strange twinge ran down the middle of his chest when the professor spoke, and he blinked almost dramatically slowly as his gaze changed from amused to intensely curious.

"As charming as that is," he began, pausing to knock back the rest of his drink before he set it down, "don't ask next time."
James Potter
James Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 265

Back to top Go down

Post by Melissa Finnigan Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:46 pm

They had all shuffled off into appropriate pairs almost instinctually. It made Millie smiled a little upon realising that that was exactly what they had done. Only, Baldric… he was nowhere to be seen! Little did she know, anyway. Baldric had pulled Bentley fast against him by the front of his shirt, devouring his mouth with fierce kiss.

It was demanding and intense but still somehow careful and attentive, somehow in the back of his mind recalling that he didn’t just want a hot and heavy one-night-stand with this man. He also wanted to take him to breakfast, lunch, dinner and, well, everything in between. So he slowly relaxed his grip and brought one hand up to cup Ben’s cheek while the other slid down and wound around his waist, drawing him almost impossibly closer.

Taking a breath, as he pulled away, Baldric smiled gently at Ben. He brought his lips together. His tongue darted out and wetted his lower one before letting his hand drift down from Ben’s cheek. He swallowed and exhaled again, an almost sheepish smile lifting up his lips.

“I’m not normally this forward,” he admitted. “Not with people I like, at least. Can I at least buy you a drink before I ask if I can take you home?”

Meanwhile, Millie had given up looking for Baldric. She had instead found Theo who was hell-bent, it seemed, on making the lass he’d found his for the night. She smirked, her eyes wandering back to Keiran, and she leaned up, her chest pressing against his, to murmur in his ear. Over the sound of the music, there was no use shouting at him so, even though it felt a bit odd to be so close to him, she had to get to his ear.

“Has Theo ever had a steady girlfriend in his life?”

She did think that picking women up at a bar, or a club, was a bit dodgy and early 2000s. Her mother had often complained about men she found in bars. She didn’t realise it was still a thing. Though, mind you, Baldric was nowhere to be seen so he must have found someone to go home with. Sometimes, Millie felt that she had spent far too long at school.

“C’mon,” she added, “do some shots with me,” she challenged, leaning back to grin at him.
Melissa Finnigan
Melissa Finnigan
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa Bridgewood Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:33 pm

"Or we could just go to mine, now. I've got drinks there."

So Ben, in this world, was quite blunt. Mai knew it, and now Baldric was getting to see it first hand. Ben just hoped it wouldn't kick him in the pants later if it came off the wrong way. But he was confident in a way he wouldn't have been otherwise, if he had bothered looking into his parents or if he hadn't had a friend as relaxed about such matters as Mairen was. What did she care, after all, who Ben fancied? Her parents were insane, and she had long since stopped listening to them when they fought, had long since refused to spend time with either of them except under a strict list of conditions.

So while Ben was lifting his eyebrows suggestively, Mai was appraising this Theo bloke. He was terribly attractive, she could admit that. But she didn't exactly get the feeling that he was the sort to be interested in commitment. Except to alcohol, perhaps. And she wasn't necessarily looking for that sort of thing, but she also didn't actually intend on just going for one night with someone. Mid-twenties was a good time to be a bit more serious and realistic about things, she felt. And she was a proper lawyer now, so she wasn't going to risk making a mistake with someone she didn't know - particularly when he didn't seem to know what was happening at any given point.

So although she was very nice about it, she did start extracting herself. Ben was nowhere to be found, and she figured that she had been out long enough and had her fun. And she definitely had a brilliant story for the office the next day, didn't she? That was good enough for one day.

"I have to go," she told him over the pounding music. "Please go drink some water, alright, love?"

As she stepped away, thankful for the changing song that led to a great number of people also leaving the floor, her fingers trailed across his chest. She recognized the fact that she would be returning home to a cold bed. So maybe that whole dating thing wouldn't be so bad. But surely it would be with someone sober enough to realize she'd never offered her name?

Merlin, she felt old sometimes.

Keiran did, too, although he was younger than his cousin. Perhaps that was why Theodore was the Headmaster and Keiran the deputy. Or maybe it was because the younger man made stupid decisions. For example, he had dragged Theo back to the school a number of times over the years, always the one to drink more carefully, always the one to take care of things the next morning if Theo was still feeling poorly.

So maybe that was why he decided to just go ahead. If he didn't, he'd be expected to take not just Theo but also Melissa back to Hogwarts, and he wasn't really interested in doing so. Not that week.

Keiran nodded, not bothering to shout over the music and general club clatter. His hand found the small of her back as he walked back to the bar with her, and he waved the bartender over to request a couple of shots for the both of them. The first two didn't actually do much to him. But after the fourth, he was starting to feel it. He laughed a bit more loudly, cared less about how he stood or if he were being tactile or not.

So when a brunette wandered over and began chatting to him, Keiran didn't actually think anything of it. He wasn't trying it on with her, but perhaps Melissa had realized by then that he could be something of a flirt when he wanted to be. When he looked over and saw that Theodore's redhead had disappeared, he frowned, and decided to be a brilliant cousin, for that was what he was, obviously. So he gestured towards him, telling the brunette that he might be her type.

Apparently he was, whatever that meant for Theo himself. Somehow, Keiran didn't think her appearance would actually ruffle the Headmaster, but he turned back to find Melissa, registering too late, perhaps, that he hadn't been very polite about turning his attention away from her. He just hoped she hadn't wandered off and gotten into trouble.
Nessa Bridgewood
Nessa Bridgewood
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 195

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum