It might not be that bad - Page 3
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

It might not be that bad - Page 3 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

It might not be that bad

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

It might not be that bad - Page 3 Empty Re: It might not be that bad

Post by Everly Bardugo Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:05 am

Adrienne's eyebrows lifted, probably more than they should have done, at his suggestion. "You're saying we should move in together?" She asked, surprised. She was pretty literal sometimes, and just as often oblivious, which she imagined he was only just now learning.

She was about to remind him that they had only just met, but there was a tapping noise at the office's window, and she looked up in surprise. Adrienne stood, crossing over to receive the letter, and quietly thanked the owl that had brought it to her.

Sinking into her chair again, she reached out to her bag, retrieving her wand. She used it to refill her glass of water as she unrolled the parchment. "Fair point about access to people who can help with the story, though," she added, feeling bad about opening up a letter with him still sitting there.

Adrienne lifted her glass to her lips, her gaze scanning over the words in front of her. Her brow furrowed at first, but then she choked on her drink and set the glass back down with a thud. As her coughs subsided and she continued to read it over, she felt her cheeks begin to flame with embarrassment - half because no one had ever spoken to her like that, but half because someone was there in front of her while she read them.

"Oh my god," she breathed, her hand lifting to her mouth. When she moved it away, Adrienne immediately rolled up the parchment and stuffed it in her back, shifting awkwardly in her chair.

"Um," she mumbled, unable to come up with a way to explain herself. "Sorry. I'll, uh, I'll deal with that later." She fidgeted again, forcing herself to look across the desk at Shylock. It was bizarre, actually, she decided. Perhaps those words from Selwyn weren't so unusual but he just hadn't tried them on her before. Even though she supposed she could've asked the man in front of her, she couldn't imagine doing so. Just theorizing about something happening was a lot easier to handle than actually hearing about how it happened.

Merlin, no. She definitely couldn't ask. But it did make her all the more determined to speak to him, even though she couldn't explain the exact reason why. "Actually," she said suddenly, standing up out of her chair. "I'm sorry, I- I should go handle this. Perhaps we can discuss the Hogsmeade thing at lunch tomorrow?"
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 2817

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

It might not be that bad - Page 3 Empty Re: It might not be that bad

Post by Everly Bardugo Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:26 am

She was preparing to leave, and head straight to find Selwyn, but Shylock's question took her by surprise. There was a strange sort of concern that she wouldn't have expected from him, given the fact that they'd only just met. Then again, it sounded like he knew more about her situation than most.

"..No, it isn't." Adrienne shook her head, her voice much more level. "Handle might not have been the best word to use. I was just surprised. Honestly, it's fine. I haven't heard from them in a while, whatever that tells you."

Picking up her bag, she slung the strap onto her shoulder and sighed gently. Adrienne couldn't tell if she was feeling impatient or nervous, but she apologized again for having to leave before swallowing and heading out.
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 2817

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum