Do I wanna know?
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Do I wanna know? Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Do I wanna know?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Do I wanna know? Empty Do I wanna know?

Post by Rosalie Blanchard Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:02 pm

For this time of year, this was one of the few sunny days. Not warm, but only sunshine.
The sun was shining, but cold wind made it impossible for Mia to felt the heat.
However, she decided to take advantage of the sun and spend the day outside, after her classes had finished.
In fact, finished probably is not the right word because from the last three classes she escaped, but that absolutely does not matter now.

So, she was sitting on the grass near the lake, thinking about some completely unimportant things, just enough to free her mind from boring lessons of which are professors testified.
With the help of her wand conjured the stones which is then thrown into the water and she watched temporarily disturb the serenity of the lake.

At one point, she looked around and saw a girl. It's that strange girl who often wanders the castle probably with no particular goal, as if perpetually looking for something.
Mia looked directly at her and curiosity prevailed, and finally she spoke.
"All right, please, enlighten me. What is the purpose of your wandering through the castle? Does it even have a purpose?" she said somewhat sarcastically without moving her view from ginger girl.
Rosalie Blanchard
Rosalie Blanchard
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 185

Back to top Go down

Do I wanna know? Empty Re: Do I wanna know?

Post by Phoenix Carter Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:55 am

Things washed up on the shore of the lake all the time. Things students dropped, things the merpeople let float to the surface, once she even found a talon as big as her hand, it sat at the top of her collection of weird oddities she wanted to turn into a sculpture. A sculpture that represented Hogwarts in it's entirety. One that she hoped to set up in her own art studio or exhibit and never sell to anyone, a memento of her time spent here. So she did as she usually did when her homework was done and she didn't want to paint. She grabbed her bag of oddities, as she called it, and headed out of the common room. Before she left the tower, she gave the doorknocker a little pat on the head and marched down the stairs. It was a tradition, any time she left the common room, she gave the doorknocker a pat, it was meant to be good luck.

She half skipped down the stairs, half ran, and made her way out onto the grounds. It was starting to get warmer and the sun felt nice on her skin, even if it was still a bit chilly. She had thrown on a pair of jeans and a huge oversized sweatshirt, covered in paint and oil stains. She was warm and happy as she made her way across the lawns, humming under her breath as she searched the grounds. A few people sitting outside looked her way, and she knew a couple of them had to be muttering to their friends. 'Oh, there goes that girl, the one who picks up junk.' but she didn't mind. She somewhat liked the reputation she'd built around herself.

Sure it didn't mean she had many friends, or that she would EVER have many friends, but she liked the idea of being that weird girl who picked up random things. Her eyes started their natural process of scanning the ground for items, when she heard a voice from nearby. It took her a few seconds to recognize that it was directed at her, and a few more seconds to turn to see who had spoken. No one spoke to her... why would they start now? A girl she didn't recognize was sitting on the lawn, obviously enjoying the sunshine. She'd asked her something and Phoenix took a moment to remember what had been said before she answered. "The purpose? I'm looking for things." She said with a small smile, and lifted her satchel of wonders up to show the words 'Bag of Oddities' stitched into the side with different colored thread, she'd enchanted it to make it glow slightly and it would occasionally change to a different color on it's own.

"I'm making a sculpture, and I'm using things I find around the castle to make it." She glanced around the ground and then back up at the girl, unsure if she should stick around and talk or if the other girl was just making a passing comment and wanted her to leave. People usually wanted her to leave, so she wasn't hurt or surprised if that was the case.
Phoenix Carter

Number of posts : 32

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosalie Blanchard Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:02 pm

Dariela McLaggen was for the first time looking at someone interested and even amused.
Yes, it finally happened.
Mia is usually the one to who all admire and look into her, and this ginger girl is for Mia currently the most interesting and most unusual person in the world. Can really someone be so weird, and by the way do not worry about your reputation?
For Mia, reputation was all. The way she dresses, talks, behaves towards others, it was the aim of the reputation of 'popular girl'. And this, this girl, apparently defies all the laws of nature.

"What kind of sculpture are you making?" she looked at the girl concerned.
"I think people usually made it from clay or something similar, is not it?" Mia frowned for a moment thinking about it. In fact, she had no idea. A couple of days she was going out with a girl who loved drawing, but that was all. She has actually never seen someone with a strange bag full of garbage wandering around and looking for more garbage.
Well, obviously it's a very boring when you are interested in these things.

Mia had heard a lot about this girl. The famous freak who does not care about the opinion of others. Certainly, it was something admirable.
"Well, what do you do when you do not collect the garbage and not painting, a strange girl?" Mia looked at her quizzically.
"I think there must be some other way that you do for fun? Parties, alcohol, boys, girls?" Mia started to list possible solutions, hoping that at least one exactly, though, no one can be such a freak.
Rosalie Blanchard
Rosalie Blanchard
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 185

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Carter Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:27 am

Phoenix looked at the girl, intrigued. This girl was one of those people she didn't really talk to much. In fact most of them pretended she didn't exist, and she granted them the same courtesy. So being spoken to by one was.. unusual but not unwelcome. It wasn't that Phoenix avoided company, though she didn't really go places most other people went, it was more of a situation of they avoided her, and she was fine with that. "It's called a Ready-Made Sculpture. Basically I find items I think are interesting around the school, objects others might look over or think of as trash, and use it to convey a meaning or a feeling within my sculpture. The one I'm making is more tuned towards the general feeling of Hogwarts."

She smiled and glanced around the area for anyone else who might be around, but seeing no-one, she turned back to the girl who was speaking to her. "You can make sculptures out of clay yea, and I've dabbled in it, but it dries out my hands a lot, I usually stick to more abstract pieces." Her voice trailed off as the girl asked another question and she raised an eyebrow slightly. Strange girl? Was that was people called her these days? She hadn't heard that one before, but then again she hadn't heard anything but the shadow of a whisper.

What else did she do for fun? Well that was an interesting question that she had to ponder. "I suppose I don't mind reading, though if I'm honest I enjoy reading books about art more than anything." She grinned a sheepish kind of manner and then shook her head at the last suggestion. "I'm not really into parties or.. people."
Phoenix Carter

Number of posts : 32

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top