The twin minder - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

The twin minder  - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

The twin minder

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The twin minder  - Page 2 Empty Re: The twin minder

Post by Addison Barlow Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:25 pm

Addison let her shoulders drop and sighed as he took a drink of the tea. "Your scheduled is good, I wouldn't change it."She said softer " I think of the children's needs, if they need something to drink I'll give it to them if they fall I'll be there to hold them and fix any cuts or scrapes they get, caring for a child is all about heart...and some rules too but mostly heart, children at this age need nurturing not smothering or strictness ."She looked at both hoping she had not come across some what of a no-it-all as all she wanted was to make a good impression.

" I'm sorry if I came across a bit harsh, this happens to be my first appointment back in Hogwarts, other places I have worked, was all rules and regulations, the children couldn't grow into their own personality's, they were stifled smothered."
Addison Barlow
Addison Barlow
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:30 pm

"I don't think you'll find Michael to be that way," Robert said. "We've already checked references and credentials of the candidates. You wouldn't be here otherwise. I think we both can understand a case of nerves, though. Perhaps you ought to meet the boys before we decide anything, though."

"Good idea," Michael said. He got up and went upstairs and got Scott, and Kate brought David downstairs. Each boy was clutching a small squeeze animal. Scott had a lion, and David had a little purple monkey. They were wide awake, bright eyed, and happy.

"This is David," Kate told the woman sitting with Robert. "He's quite the little architect. That one is Scott, and he seems to be favoring just generally making a mess today."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Addison Barlow Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:19 pm

Addison breathed out at their understanding of her nerves when they suggested she meet the twins she smiled and nodded as a woman she recognized as Kate Lupin brought them down. She knew they would not take to her at first but she knelt down to their height "Hi, do you like building things?" she asked David softly then she smiled up at Scott. " the artist."She said smiling up at them both. " I'm Addie." she smiled to David and glanced at her bag " I have blocks in my bag you want to build." she moved to her bag and took out a largish bag of colored blocks and a small drawing book and crayons.

"These are enchanted so that they only work in the book, so he can draw in the book as much as he wants." she said to them all. " A gift from an old dear friend."
Addison Barlow
Addison Barlow
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Tremaine Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:32 pm

David eyed the blocks and plunked down on the floor with them. He picked up a bright green one and threw it. Otto happily ran after it, picked it up and brought it back to David who didn't quite know what to think when the dog brought it back. He pitched it again, and Otto went after it again.

"Well, that ought to keep them both busy for awhile," Robert said.

Scott had used some of the 'magic crayons' at Khaat's house and he was quite the scribbler. He picked up a crayon and went to the wall and was immediately disappointed when they didn't work here.

"Here," Kate said to Scott. She took a page out of the book and magically fixed it to the wall. "Try it now," she told the boy. He started scribbling on the paper, but was still confused about why they didn't work on the wall.

"We have a family member who is overly permissive with crayons," Robert explained. "They're bright boys, and they're a bit ahead of schedule with their learning..." He was interrupted by Faline finally showing up and wanting to take Scott's crayon.

"Mine!" Scott swatted at the dog.

"He knows that word too well," Michael sighed. "They both do."

"They'll learn to share--eventually," Robert said.
Michael Tremaine
Michael Tremaine
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 646
Special Abilities : Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Addison Barlow Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:51 pm

Addison smiled and nodded " I have loads so its fine." she said as she watched Scott try and draw on the walls noting his puzzled look when they didn't work. Hearing her explanation she said "Ah, I see" and watched as Kate place the paper on the walls for him to draw on.

Turning she saw the other enchanted piece of furniture and smiled "There next word will be no." she said softly gently she moved Faline away from Scott. "That's right Scott they are yours." she said to him adding a second piece of paper from the book and sat down next to him.
Addison Barlow
Addison Barlow
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Tremaine Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:05 am

"Oh, that's their second favorite word. They know a few words, but 'no' and 'mine' are their favorite words," Michael said. He caught a glimpse of David looking under the sofa table. He wasn't sure what David was seeing until he watched the tot crawl over and fetch a black sock that he was about to put in his mouth.

"Mine!" David said.

"No, mine," Michael said, taking the sock. "You can't eat that." David gave him a big boo-boo lip, wanting to eat the sock. "Here," he said, handing him a block. David angrily tossed the block away, starting to tantrum. "This is when I need to be able to send them home to their parents," he sighed.
Michael Tremaine
Michael Tremaine
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Addison Barlow Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:38 am

Addison was about to move and take the sock but Michael moved to take it from him. She also heard the temper start from David and moved to the blocks building the tower she knocked it over letting the blocks knock together "Hey David, you wanna help me knock these down."She said rebuilding it a little taller, we can see who can build the biggest and then knock it down again." she said showing him as she knocked over the one she had just built.

She glanced at the clock she saw it was nearly ten and she remembered snack time was close. " But I think its snack time." she said "If its all right with you I'll prepare the boys snacks, unless you have something prepared already?" she said standing back up on her feet.
Addison Barlow
Addison Barlow
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Tremaine Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:49 am

"I don't generally make a lot in advance," Michael said. "I know I prefer fresh things, so I'd rather them have fresh things too, so if you want to make something, then fine. The kitchen is that way." He pointed her to it.

Kate saw David not taking much interest in the blocks for the moment. She figured he might well be hungry. She picked him up and soon had him preoccupied with letting him look out the window into the backyard to watch the squirrels.

Michael was satisfied that Scott was still busy scribbling and didn't seem to be interested in joining David's temper tantrum for once.

"Well?" Kate asked them.

"So far, so good," Robert said quietly.
Michael Tremaine
Michael Tremaine
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Addison Barlow Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:08 am

Addison looked to where he pointed and nodded " fresh is good" She said and moved to the kitchen taking out two bowls she placed in some soft fruits and managed to make up two bottles for them. returning she saw a low is table for them with two chairs making it follow she placed it down along with the food and drink. " I hope they like berry's I thought finger foods would keep them interested." she said noting Scott watching what she was doing at the table.

Taking a strawberry she held it out to him. " you want some?" she asked " this is yours." she hoped he would at least be curios and try some.

Addison Barlow
Addison Barlow
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Tremaine Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:34 am

"They definitely like berries," Michael said, watching Scott take the berry. Kate took David over to the table and gave him a berry. That got the boys eager in eating.

"They're working on walking, but they get frustrated with it because crawling gets them there faster, but we're working on it," Michael said. "And most of the time, they're good with sippy cups, except if they get too hungry or tired. Then they just apparently don't want to bother with it."

"Ms. Barlow," Robert said. "Michael is employed at the Ministry, and his job often takes him out suddenly at all hours or for a few days at a time. Are you planning on living in? Or will you be available at an on-call basis? He definitely needs someone with flexibility."
Michael Tremaine
Michael Tremaine
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top