We rise by lifting others
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

We rise by lifting others Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

We rise by lifting others

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

We rise by lifting others Empty We rise by lifting others

Post by Beatris Greyback Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:46 pm

There are moments in life when you lose hope. Problems seems to be unsolved and it's act as if you have fallen deep into the pit with no way to get out.
That happened Miriam. Her life is gone.
She wanted to talk to someone, but to whom she may apply when no one even remembers her? Then she remembered one very powerful person. This person is so evil and powerful that the Death Eaters would not have dared to change his memory about her.
It's her father.
Although she saw him only once, she is hoping he will help her.
In fact, what help is sought? She just wanted someone to talk to.

When she decided with who she want to talk, there's a new problem; she had no idea where he might be. When the first and the last timemet him it was in Knockturn Alley, but she had a feeling that he does not like to spend time as a man.
Therefore, inquiries among some people and found out where is the forest where staying werewolves.

She picked up her wand and then apparated there.
She reached deep into the forest, but did not know where to look.
Werewolves have a good ear, right? So, maybe he'll hear if she call him.
"Fenrir!" she shouted as loud as she could.
"Fenrir! Come on, I need your help!" she repeated as she walked deeper into the woods. All the time she was on the alert to avoid encountered an unknown werewolf.
Beatris Greyback
Beatris Greyback
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 731
Special Abilities : Occlumency, Legilimency

Back to top Go down

We rise by lifting others Empty Re: We rise by lifting others

Post by Fenrir Z. Greyback Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:09 pm

Fenrir had been hunting. It took a lot of protein to feed a den of werewolves. He certainly could have sent a pack member to a meat market. He had the money, but that amount of protein being purchased would raise suspicion. Nor did he want to spend the money. He didn't need to. He believed, largely, in taking what he needed.

At the moment, he had a prime shot at taking down a large buck deer when someone bellowed for him. The deer raced off in a fraction of a second. He sighed. Bambi evidently would live another day.

But who the devil had the guts to simply bellow for him? The members of his pack certainly knew better.

He made his way almost silently to the top of a small knoll in the woods and looked down to see one of his daughters there. He saw no one else.

"I'm not deaf," he said. "You risk your life coming here alone. And if you've decided to come see me, you must be between a rock and a hard place."

He made his way down the knoll and sat down on a large rock.

"What brings you here to look for me?" he asked her.
Fenrir Z. Greyback
Fenrir Z. Greyback

Number of posts : 53
Special Abilities : Unforgivables

Back to top Go down

Post by Beatris Greyback Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:25 pm

For a few minutes, it looked as if she is calling in vain. Well, perhaps he is not here. She turned to find the way out of the woods when she heard rustling. In a split second she put out her wand and turned to face the choice of sound.
There he stood, her father.

She looked at him reproachfully. Why does he always talk to her as if she is a small child? She laughed, shaking her head. "I'm careful, and it's not like anyone would miss me if I die here, because no one remembers me!" she said loudly and almost hysterical. Well, maybe she really is nevertheless still a child.

"I need your help. Actually, I do not know how you can help me but you're the only person who still remembers who I am .. And that's a start right?" laughed almost frantically and then sat down on soft earth covered with leaves.
Beatris Greyback
Beatris Greyback
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Fenrir Z. Greyback Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:44 pm

"So, what's the problem?" Fenrir asked. "I think a lot of people would love to be in your predicament. You get a fresh start. Make your life what you want. You want to embrace the do-gooders, then do so. You want to embrace the dark arts, then do it. And you can get there on your own merits. No worrying about whether you've gotten where you are because of what family you belong to."

"Some of my pack have tossed away living as human because once someone associates their name with being a werewolf, they find themselves totally alone. Or hunted. Take your pick. So they come to live with me. Its as close to a fresh start as they can get. I'm not saying you should feel sorry for them. I'm only saying that you have a very rare opportunity to change your life into whatever direction you want it to go--if you've got the guts.

"If not, then I suppose you can go back to your old friends and try to remind them of who you are and try to re-establish yourself. What exactly is it that you want to do with your life anyway?"
Fenrir Z. Greyback
Fenrir Z. Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post by Beatris Greyback Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:05 pm

She looked at him and started to laugh. She looked at him as if he was completely out of his mind.
"You do not understand, right? A new beginning is not my choice. I'm not allowed to return to the people I love. Death Eaters still know who I am, they are thoose who did this to me. They completely delete me from memory people's who I know and love, because I was married to Auror who is a order member. " she looked at him again.

He kept talking to her about the possibilities of a new beginning, but she actually did not have a fresh start. In this way, just as she is more able to control. She had to do what they say, because the punishment could be too high if she will not obeyed.

"I have kids," she said quietly. "A boy and a girl, they're beautiful. But they think that their mother is dead. I can not meet them, because they will kill them if they know who I am. I do not want a new beginning, I want you to help me to get out of this!" looked at him pleadingly.
Beatris Greyback
Beatris Greyback
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Fenrir Z. Greyback Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:28 pm

"So let me get this straight. They wiped the memories of your kids and you want to be back in their lives," Fenrir said. "You don't want magic, you want a bloody miracle."

He thought a moment. "From what I know, an obliviate spell can be broken, but its highly advanced work. Not something to tinker with. I've only seen it done once, and the chances of it going sideways are greater than most. If you want it reversed, ultimately, its Robert Lupin you want. Like him or not, he's the only one I know that still exists that might have enough practice to be able to pull it off. He might have enough political clout to be able to pull a string or two, if you feel like you want to risk confiding in him.

"However, sounds like the Death Eaters are a bigger issue than the memory charm. If I were you, I'd be proving my worth to either the Order so they're willing to protect you. Or I'd prove my worth to Lorcan D'Eath so that he see it might be more worth his time to call off his dogs from you. Sounds like you'll get resistance from the whole Death Eater movement, but on his own, Lorcan can tend to be more open to negotiating."

"You could always kidnap your own children, I suppose, but then you'd have to live in hiding until you could put things to rights. Unless you have some ideas of your own?"
Fenrir Z. Greyback
Fenrir Z. Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post by Beatris Greyback Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:47 pm

She sighed sadly, he's right. That is impossible.
"You're right, it's impossible," she shook her head.

"I've tried, I've read so many books that could help to undo the spell ... But even if I do that, therefore I will provide them only death. Simply, Death Eaters believe that my relationship with this man is too risky. They wanted to kill me, but they were too afraid. Obviously they thought Daddy would go mad if they kill one of his many children, "she said sarcastically. But it is actually true. It is really her last name that what saved her from certain death. They obviously do not know that this man's children are not important.
"I proved loyalty to Lorcan! From the day I arrived among the Death Eaters, I did without complaint whatever they told me! Apparently even that is not enough." she said coolly. Why he keeps saying her to become a favorite of Lorcan, it only led to problems. In fact, it is now certain that it would be better to run away from the DE with Kace and children while she had the chance.

She shook her head, "I can not kidnap them. It would not be fair. The last five years, they are Kace's life. He does everything for them. How I could seize them?" she shook her head, smiling as she thought about Kace and children.
"You know, the boy's got your eyes. I've often seen them from a distance and I noticed it," she shrugged.
Beatris Greyback
Beatris Greyback
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Fenrir Z. Greyback Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:07 pm

"You're not listening," Fenrir said.  "I hear you think its hopeless with the Death Eaters. Fine. All well and good then. I could certainly go threaten D'Eath, but vampires do not often become frightened by werewolves, just so you know. A bitter rivalry since before time itself.  It has nothing to do with me. We're natural enemies by species. You know what I am, and he is half vampire. If you want to take that chance, then fine.

"If you want me to tell D'Eath you're through with the Death Eaters, I can relay the message. They've had defectors before, and they surely take Order defectors too, as you must well know. They might want conditions that you don't relay any sensitive Death Eater information, but if that's all they want, then that shouldn't be entirely impossible to negotiate.

"But, tell me, what exactly is it the Death Eaters want from you now? Sounds like they've pretty much thrown their best punch.  If they've obliviated the memories of those you love--specifically your husband and children, then it makes it bloody worthless to kill you, if that's ultimately what they intend. A mammoth chunk of their bargaining power to keep you under their control is gone unless they want something yet.  If it were simply about you keeping away from an Order do-gooder, then they've already accomplished what they wanted simply by obliviating them.

"Threatening your children is, at best, just blackmail.  So, what is it you can do or what is it you know that is important to them?"
Fenrir Z. Greyback
Fenrir Z. Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post by Beatris Greyback Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:19 pm

She listened to his words carefully, but it sounded as if he's talking about the Chinese. Everything was meaningful and meaningless at the same time. Indeed, what they want from her? She has never done anything to her loyalty led to suspicion, why do not they just leave her alone?

She looked at him, shaking her head, "I do not know! I just do not know! Five years of thinking about it and I could not find an answer! They always said that I am valuable because as a metarmophagus I can become whatever person they want me to be and it is almost impossible to detect me and connect with them. that's all. Now make me get a job in an office like Auror to receive more information. they said it was because I needed my new identity, because of that they created Miriam Levine, perfect young ambitious girl with all the qualities to be an excellent Auror. that's all I know! "she is almost on the verge of tears. Everything just was pointless and without being able to solve or understand.
Beatris Greyback
Beatris Greyback
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Fenrir Z. Greyback Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:59 pm

"Ah, well, then. That makes more sense. As I hear tell, D'Eath is a metamorph too. Sounds like he's got some strategy in mind and he needs you for a bit of espionage work. You're not totally up to your ears in it, then," he said. "Think about it. A Greyback would never be trusted with much sensitive Ministry or Order information. Miriam, though, could be. She's not got such a checkered past or family tree.

"If they want you in the Ministry, with a different face, then they obviously want you to be able to get closer to people that normally a Greyback couldn't get to. You've got the perfect setup and the perfect reason to get closer to the aurors--including your husband. You just need to do it as a new face to him. Be friendly with him. You obviously would need to be friendly with your co-workers. I would think you should be able to do that and, if it happens that it works out again with you and your husband, then, you might be able to get even more information than you were originally expected to get. It might not be a total loss.

"And, if you still want me to try to negotiate with D'Eath that he let you have whatever life comes out of this assignment, then, I might be able to do that."

Fenrir Z. Greyback
Fenrir Z. Greyback

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top