I become so numb
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

I become so numb  Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

I become so numb

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I become so numb  Empty I become so numb

Post by Athena Abercrombie Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:41 am

It been a couple of days since her fourteenth birthday, a day that was suppose to be happy all the sudden came as one of the worse birthdays she ever had, she was still angry and upset about it. Out of all times, her parents had to fight over the custody of her on her birthday while she was enjoying a good birthday dinner with her family and Vaughn. She didn't care if her parents fought over her any other time, but why on her birthday, one of the most important days in her life? She didn't under it, was she being upset for no reason at all? She just thought it could have waited until after her birthday party that they planned for her, but she didn't stick around for her presents or anything after her parents started fighting, she ran back to Hogwarts and cried. 

Luckily Vaughn ran after her as Alex yelled at his parents at how rude they were ruining her birthday that they planned, Vaughn being the sweet and caring boyfriend he was, comfort her in his arms before they went to the room of requirements and swam in the heated pool and had a water fight. Athena felt embarrassed that he was there to see all that happen and him seeing her breakdown, although now she thought about it, she was still breaking down. Athena was glad that Vaughn was sweet enough to make the rest of her birthday good, and it was quite a birthday that she was going to remember for a lifetime, it started out bad and ended great.   

Now looking at her parents letter in her hand, she glared down at them her hands shaking in hurt and anger that she was feeling towards them, she didn't want to open them. Athena took both letters and ripped them up angrily and frustratingly as she looked at the ripped letters and cried. "How can they do this to me and Alexia? We were happy with the way things were, now they have to go and mess things up because they're not happy! "said Athena angrily. Getting out her wand she pointed it at the letters as she watched them burn to ashes and blow away in the wind. It made her feel a little better, but not much, nothing seem to make her feel better lately not even painting which she loved doing.  

The wind picked up and she shivered slightly, but kept her focus on the lake that was before her, taking a rock she skipped it across the lake. One skip. ..two skip... flpp! It fell into the lake and sunk into the bottom of the lake. 'Stupid rock, what a rip off! Athena thought to herself. Shivering slightly once again, she kept stating at the lake, she knew if Vaughn sern no her without a coat out here he wasn't going to be happy. Although Athena was so numb that she could barely feel the cold breeze against her skin, but the Bre calmed her and kept her sane.
Athena Abercrombie
Athena Abercrombie
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 212

Back to top Go down

I become so numb  Empty Re: I become so numb

Post by Vaughn Hunter Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:00 pm

Vaughn had tried the next couple of days to make Athena happy but he knew she was upset. He knew that if he was going through the same thing with his parents, he would be angry and upset as well. He didn't understand why they choose their daughter's fourteenth birthday to do it. There were other days that they could have dealt with that but obviously they didn't care. It made Vaughn angry that they would do that to her and he felt like yelling at them himself. He had run after Athena that night when her parents started fighting over her. Her brother had stayed behind to yell at them and he remembered the things he did to cheer her up so she wouldn't think about it.

He walked the empty halls after looking in the room of requirement and not seeing Athena there. Some of his friends from Gryffindor told him that they saw her down by the lake. They told him that she wasn't wearing a jacket which caused him to sigh as he grabbed an extra jacket from the dorm. He walked down the lake with the jacket over his arm along with a scarf and a pair of thick gloves. He saw her light a letter on fire and knew how much she must be hurting. He walked up to her and put his hand on her arm after she threw the rock in the lake.

"Athena, sweetheart you need a jacket on. I don't want you to get sick out here." He said as he wrapped the scarf around her neck then held out the jacket for her to slip her arms into.

Once she slipped into the jacket that was too large for her but would keep her warm enough. He went to stand in front of her and zipped the jacket up. He tied the scarf around her neck softly then held out the gloves to her, he kissed her forehead.
Vaughn Hunter
Vaughn Hunter
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 177

Back to top Go down

Post by Athena Abercrombie Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:33 am

Athena was glad that Vaughn was around to make her as happy as possible, she didn't know what she did to have such a loving and wonderful boyfriend as him, she felt like the luckiest girl in the world. Athena was beyound angry and upset about everything that has happened, she was angry that they had to choose to fight over her and her sister on her birthday, why on her fourteenth birthday? She didn't understand why they had to chose one of the most important days in her life to argue and bicker with one another, she was glad that Vaughn made her birthday a good one, even if it was just them swimming in the room of requirements she was glad that Vaughn made her birthday better. To make her birthday more better, he gave her a necklace for her birthday, and since then she haven't took it off. It was beautiful to her and she loved it, it was only a necklace but the fact that Vaughn gave it to her made it special, it was a heart necklace with his and her birthstones on it with a quote 'I love you Sweetheart.'on the back of it.  

Athena didn't even know that Vaughn was looking for her, she was lost in to much pain and anger over everything, but she knew that she had to get over this and move on but she couldn't. Athena knew that it was a week ago or more that it happened, but she couldn't get over the fact that her parents fought on her birthday, especially when they were the ones who planned it for her. Was she selfish for thinking about this? Maybe she was a little, but she was just so angry at her parents she couldn't forgive them yet. Feeling familiar hand on her arm, Athena looked up teary eyes and looked at Vaughn and gave him a weak smile, it wasn't her normal smile but it was close to it. 

Athena looked at him and shrugged. " I don't even feel it Vanny love, I'm so numb that I don't feel anything,"said Athena sadly. Although she didn't want him to worry about her anymore then he probably already was, she put on his jacket.  

Looking at how big his jacket was on her she couldn't help but not to giggle at how it must look on her, but it was warm and smelled like him, which calmed her down. Athena put the gloves on and snuggled up close to Vaughn as she laid her head on his shoulder. " Thanks for being here for me Vanny love, I love you. " said Athena kissing his cheek.
Athena Abercrombie
Athena Abercrombie
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaughn Hunter Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:42 am

Vaughn saw her smile and knew how much she was still hurting from her family doing what they did to her. He only wished he could have protected her from that but he couldn't, however he would make sure that he was there for her.

"You don't want to get sick sweetheart. I don't want to get you sick. I make horrible homemade soup." He said trying to cheer her up if only for a moment. He didn't like seeing her like this and he didn't think he would along with her family after this. He just couldn't believe they would do that to her and he wanted to just punch them in the face for it.

He breathed a sigh of relief when she giggled, he was glad hear her giggle. He held her close when she snuggled up to him and laid her head on his shoulder. "I'll always be here for you Athena. I love you too sweetheart." He said then smiled when she kissed his cheek. He kissed her lips softly then laid his cheek against her hair rubbing his hand softly up and down her back. "Come on let's go get you warmed up." He said softly.
Vaughn Hunter
Vaughn Hunter
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Athena Abercrombie Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:13 am

Athena was so mad at her parents right now, she absolutely hated them right now, Athena never hated them ever as much as she did now but she did. She was glad that Alex and Vaughn as well as her friends were here for her, she couldn't get over this without them, she was lucky to have them in her life. Athena felt extremely glad to have Vaughn, he was so sweet and caring to her and would do anything and everything for her, but then again she would do the same for him as well.  

Athena let out a teary laugh. No matter how upset and angry she was, he was always able to make her laugh. " I know that you don't Vanny love, I'm sorry that I worried you, just needed some time to think you know it's alot to take in. "said Athena. Athena didn't like being this way, she hated being sad and upset, she wished she wasn't but she was. "You're lucky that I'm not sick, or you'll be in big trouble mister! "said Athena honestly but in a joking manner. 

"Your jacket is so big on me!"said Athena giggling as the sleeves flopped over her small and tiny hands that were in the sleeves. She looked like a little girl trying on her parents clothes and they were to big for her. Athena looked up at him and smiled. " Good because I'm not letting you go, your mine always and forever. " said Athena. Athena kissed him back and started warming up at her wearing his jacket and stuff along with her rubbing her back. "Good idea, I can use some hot chocolate and a nice snuggle by the Gryffindor fire. "said Athena looking up at him smiling. " You know, you might not get this jacket back, I like it to much! "said Athena giggling.
Athena Abercrombie
Athena Abercrombie
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaughn Hunter Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:20 pm

"It's ok sweetheart. I know how difficult it must have been that they did that to you on your birthday. Anyone would have to get away to let it all soak in." Vaughn said knowing that anyone would want some alone time to think about what had happened. "Yeah you'd be wondering if I was trying to poison you with my horrible soap making abilities. Then I'd have to talk to the house elves in the kitchen to see if they could make something better." He said knowing he sounded like a dork but he didn't care if that's what it took to get Athena to smile.

"Well your already tiny to begin with." He said with a smile as he rolled up the sleeves of the jacket. He made sure that they would be short enough to where her hands were swallowed by the sleeves. "Yes and you are mine, always and forever." He said kissing her again before letting go and taking her hands in his rubbing them while they were in the gloves. "Well let's get going so we both don't end up like pop-sickles out here." He said taking her hand and leading her back towards the castle. "You can keep it sweetheart. I have this one that I'm wearing." He said with a smile.

He lead them back into the castle and up to the common room. He made sure the fire was warm as he made the hot chocolate for them. He sat down on the couch giving Athena her cup before taking his, there were mini marshmallows floating in hers but not in his. He just like regular hot chocolate not marshmallows which in his opinion made it too sweet.

Vaughn Hunter
Vaughn Hunter
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Athena Abercrombie Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:48 pm

Athena smiled. How did she get so lucky to have a guy as wonderful, sweet and caring as Vaughn was? She didn't know, but she wasn't going to let him go. " I knew you more then anyone would understand Vanny love, but I'll be ok, it's just going to take some time. " said Athena. Athena giggled. " Come on, I bet you're not that bad, besides not like you ever burned water before right? "Athena asked him playfully before giggling. Athena loved how he was able to make her laugh when she was upset or angry, she didn't know how he was able to, but he always was. Athena knew that he was a dork at times, but he was her adorable and cute dork that made her laugh, and that was all that matters.  

Athena laughed. " Well...to you yeah, but you're a freaking giant compared to me! "said Athena smiling at him. " Thanks that's better, now I can see my hands! "said Athena looking down at her hands giggling. Athena smiled. " I'm glad that I am, I wouldn't want to be anyone else's but yours, Ilove you CVanny. " said Athena kissing him back. Athena suddenlystarted ffeeling alot warmer, she was honestly starting to feel a bit sleepy because of it, she couldn't wait to get back to the Gryffindor common room. Athena nodded. " Good idea, as much as I like the color blue, I don't want to be that color."said Athena. Athena smiled. " Good cause I'm not giving it back, it's warm and soft, plus it smells like you, "said Athena.  

Athena smiled before taking the cup. " Thanks Vanny love. " said Athena taking a sip of it. Athena curled up next to him laying her head on his shoulder. "You know how I been, but how you been love? "Athena asked him looking up at him
Athena Abercrombie
Athena Abercrombie
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum