I know places we won't be found
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

I know places we won't be found Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

I know places we won't be found

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I know places we won't be found Empty I know places we won't be found

Post by Dimitri Aleksandrov Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:46 pm

September, 17st.

It doesn't matter where you are, in which country you're living today, what you're doing for living. There are certain things that will stay unchangeable.

For Dimitri Aleksandrov, it's one day he hates the most. September, 17st.

Four years ago, he wouldn't have anything against that date, it would be a date like any other, a day like any other. However, three years ago, on September, 17st, his world crushed down. Ruined. Shattered to pieces so small he could never collect them again and build it up again. Three years ago, Dimitri Aleksandrov lost his fiancee and his daughter. It happened three years ago, but it felt like it happened yesterday, the pain was still barely tolerable, the images of that day so vivid in his mind every time he closes his eyes. Yet there's one thing worse than that – guilt. He was guilty for their deaths, for deaths of his two girls, maybe he wasn't the one who pulled the trigger, but he loaded the gun, metaphorical gun, of course, they're tortured and killed with a knife and they used their blood to leave a message for Dimitri on the wall. He still saw the message every night in his nightmares.

Today was that day. Third anniversary. Misha was standing in the middle The Millennium Bridge, looking at the river for last five hours. When he came here he had two red roses with him, but he threw them in the water and watched how the drift carried them downstream, he watched them until he couldn't see them anymore. Until they gone too far away, the same way his fiancee and his daughter went to a place where he couldn't follow, no, he didn't want to follow, he doubted any of them would like to see him harming himself, even if that would be the only way they could be together again if something like afterlife really exists, and Dimitri hoped it exist cause it would be too painful to think they're gone forever. He wished he has a bottle with him, a bottle of whiskey, maybe, thought he wouldn't refuse a bottle of gin either, to dull his pain with alcohol, but that wasn't an option either. Nikolai Ivashkov made him promise he won't drink again, and although he lost Nikolai somewhere in Belgium, he promised, and he'll fulfill it.

Sometimes, he wondered if buying a pub was a way to torture himself for what he's done. If it was, it would be a perfect one. Throwing alcohol addict in the middle of the pub and forbidding him to touch any bottles that contained alcohol. That's the reason he didn't open The Three Broomsticks, today, he knew that if there's any day he might lose his control and take the first bottle he finds, it would be today.

And he can't let that happen.

He promised.
Dimitri Aleksandrov
Dimitri Aleksandrov
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 42

Back to top Go down

I know places we won't be found Empty Re: I know places we won't be found

Post by Benjamin Morgan Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:42 pm

Benjamin was pacing in his office at home as he read a stack of papers in his hands. He couldn't concentrate on anything and he was having difficulty to not get lost in his mind. Throwing the stack against the wall in his office, they were papers from his ex-wife's lawyer. He wanted to punch the man in the face because he was trying to make it seem like the divorce was all his fault. He grabbed his jacket and walked out of his office, seeing the nanny he waved her over.

"Yes Mr. Morgan?" She said curiously.

"I'm going to go get some air and see if I can pick something up for dinner. Can you stay with him until I get back? If not I'll see if I can call someone else to take your place." He said itching to get out of there before his temper got the best of him.

"Oh no I'll be fine Mr. Morgan. I'll stay until you get back, have a nice walk." She said before going back to Jax who was sitting in the living room and watching a movie.

He walked out of the apartment and headed down the street determined to get as far as he could. He was about a mile from home when he stopped breathing deeply. He looked around and saw the Millennium Bridge in the distance. He decided to walk to it to get rid of any more of his anger. It was about five miles from his house so he had plenty of time to think about everything.

He reached Millennium Bridge in record time, he was out of breath but his anger was gone. He knew that his ex-wife would pull a stunt like this but he didn't think it would have been this soon. He walked along the bridge then looked up seeing a man standing there looking worse for wear. He cautiously walked up to him careful not to startle him. He cleared his throat softly as he kept his eyes on the man.

"Hey you okay mate?" He asked keeping several feet from him just in case the man didn't want to be disturbed.

((OCC: Sorry I didn't know what exactly to put so I kinda winged it.))
Benjamin Morgan
Benjamin Morgan
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 204

Back to top Go down

Post by Dimitri Aleksandrov Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:05 pm

(It's alright, this one is a bit shorter, sorry for that:))

Dimitri turned his head when someone cleared his throat assuming it's just another cop making sure he doesn't want to jump off the bridge but soon realized he's looking eye to eye in man who didn't looked like one, or he was plainclothes policeman. He nodded in greeting, "There has been better days", he looked back at the river, "but I'm not going to jump if you're wondering that." Misha bluntly added than shrugged. "I should have probably said that more nicely, but at least five people and three policemen already asked me that so it became kind of annoying. Sorry, though." Misha smiled, knowing that he probably said too much. "Are you okay?" He asked jokingly and stretched.

"You know what? I'm done here, I need a drink. Wanna come?" He glanced at the other man. Funny thing, he didn't even know his name, he didn't felt the need to know it. Yet, the other man might want to know his before replying, with that in mind he added. "I'm Dimitri, and don't be afraid, I don't want to shag you, not that you're not beautiful but you're not my type" he chuckled, "so I'm not calling you on a date, just to grab a drink." Merlin knows date is the last thing Dimitri Aleksandrov needed. He put hands in his jeans back pockets and looked at the other man waiting for his reply.
Dimitri Aleksandrov
Dimitri Aleksandrov
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 42

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Morgan Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:46 pm

((It's fine. Very Happy))

Benji waited for the man to turn and nodded at his words. "I'm sure there will be more better days for you." He said then smiled at his tone when he said he wouldn't jump. He laughed at his next words, "I don't blame you though. I'd get annoyed if people kept asking if I was going to jump. Though I probably would less nice about it. No apology needed." He shrugged knowing how he would take it if another person asked him about it. "I'm ok I guess, certain things happening today hasn't put me in a good mood." He said with a smile.

"I could use a drink yeah." Shaking his head in answer to his question. He laughed out loud at his next words that made him bend over a little at the middle. Calming himself to speak, "I'm Benjamin. You know I'm usually the one who comes up with things like that before the other person. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks like that." He laughed again. "Well let's just hope it's one drink, I get frisky after at least six." He grinned a mischievous glint in his eye, his tone teasing. "Where shall we go and get a drink?" He asked shoving his hands in the coat he was wearing and rocking back on his heels slightly.
Benjamin Morgan
Benjamin Morgan
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 204

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum