For the Down and Out
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

For the Down and Out Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

For the Down and Out

View previous topic View next topic Go down

For the Down and Out Empty For the Down and Out

Post by Gabriel J. Short III Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:38 pm

The Three Broomsticks was the place to be, regardless of a person's disposition. For those looking for a good time, the Broomsticks was always full of people who could lift someone's spirits. For the restless, there was always some sort of entertainment to be had, from a game of darts, a game of King's Cup, or the occasional barfight. And for those like Gabby, the tired and despondent, there was the promise of something stirring them. There were people to inspire interest, there was alcohol to run out bad thoughts, there was music and smells to stir some sort of interest in even the most apathetic of souls.

And that was where Gabby was at.

Trixie was gone. Max was busy. Jack was distracted. Even his ex-wife was nowhere to be seen.

Gabby had always been a bit independent. He had literally been a lone wolf for years, shunning this new trend of werewolves packing up, a tendency that infected his human life. He skirted the responsibilities of investing in other people. He hooked up with women that he never saw again until he inevitably hit on them by accident the next time they ran into each other. Because he did not have much going for him, he found his Friday nights very limited. He could stay home and drink a beer. Or he could go out and drink a beer.

He chose the latter, choosing the warm Three Broomsticks as his solace. He slid into a spot at the bar and Maria, the barwoman, brought him a neat whiskey, leaving him with a smile.
Gabriel J. Short III
Gabriel J. Short III
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 100

Back to top Go down

For the Down and Out Empty Re: For the Down and Out

Post by Elizabeth Blackburn Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:25 pm

Elizabeth Blackburn had no idea what was she doing in the Three Broomsticks on Friday night. Last time she sat here was probably before she graduated, and even then she didn't really loved the place. And now, years after, the things were pretty much the same. It was the fact, this place just wasn't for her. She regretted the moment she walked in, but there was no way she'll go home without a drink or two.

On the bright side, she really had a reason(s) to celebrate. First of all, this was her fourth week as a widow, which was more than good. Yeah, being single again felt as good as being right all the time, and for the first time after seven hellish years, Elizabeth felt really free and happy. Secondly, her twin Eliot came by only to announced that he's staying in London for awhile, which was also great news cause he adored her children so he took them - for a week - giving his sister time to relax. Not that she needed that, at the end of the day, her little monsters were everything to her.

It wasn't really hard convincing herself this was actually the good thing. After all, she did felt butterflies in the stomach for doing something she didn't for years. Elizabeth choose the bar over the table only because she'll be closer to the drinks, and besides, she didn't plan on staying long. "Something strong please." she said while she was sitting next to the smiling man.
Elizabeth Blackburn

Number of posts : 55

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabriel J. Short III Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:28 am

Since Trixie had disappeared from the face of the planet, Gabby had become almost compulsive in his approach towards women. Each was a pill to alleviate an ache for the night, chased down with a stout drink. With one in hand, it seemed as though the world approved of his coping method as it delivered the matching medication in the form of a perky blonde next to him.

"I've got her covered," Gabby mentioned to Maria, flicking a few sickles to the curvy bartender. "And another?" He guzzled down his drink and turned to look at the blonde. "Strong because of work, or just the usual life-suckiness?"
Gabriel J. Short III
Gabriel J. Short III
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Elizabeth Blackburn Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:45 am

If someone pays your drink, and you happen to be sitting next to that person, it is natural and polite to at least talk to them. In normal circumstances, Elizabeth would've sent him off. As this definitely wasn't one of her 'normal' days, she simply started playing his game.

She took one sip and it was awful. She had no idea what was in the glass, but whatever it was, she definitely got what she wanted. When grimace disappeared from her face and turned into a smile, Elizabeth turned to a man. "If by work you mean doing something and getting paid for that, I don't do work. I just do what I feel I should and right now, I feel I should use something strong. May I guess why you're drinking?" This one shouldn't be hard: sitting alone in the place like this, buying drinks, he obviously knew the barwoman... Elizabeth knew exactly where to put him.
Elizabeth Blackburn

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabriel J. Short III Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:05 pm

The drink obviously was not in her taste. He smiled, arching an eyebrow, and turned facing forward again. "Maria? Make the next a Long Island?" It had become his favorite drink for awhile in America, the deceptive sweetness obscuring the multiple alcohols that worked together to make a refreshing drink. He was certain she would prefer it to the straight whiskey.

He swallowed a grin at her comments on work, masking the amused thoughts with another drink from his glass. He had not worked for his income... well, ever. Perks of being a trust fund kid, he supposed, but also the perks of being the stubborn child of a man who cared more for image than parenthood. Not to say he did not work hard at times. He certainly put in his fair share of effort to shame his family, horrify the Ministry, and annoy his friends. No one could say he didn't work, though they could certainly insist he was unemployed.

He finished off his drink and rapped his knuckles on the bar for another before looking back at the woman. "Oh please, do try."
Gabriel J. Short III
Gabriel J. Short III
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Elizabeth Blackburn Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:51 pm

Oh boy, the fact was - Elizabeth drunk only wine and tequila. These two she loved and enjoyed, if it was possible to live on the alchocol, these would be her fuel. On the other hand, things like Long Island, or any cocktails at all, or the liquid in her glass, it was all too much for her. Yet, she closed her eyes and drank the rest from the glass. She automatically hid her face with hands, but as much as she hated the taste, it made her smile once again. 

When the woman put the glass of something red/orange that was obviously called Long Island, Elizabeth put down her hands. She suspiciously watched the glass before she took a smaller sip and then a bigger one. "This is better. I love this." She nodded before turning to the man again. "Okay love, let's see. You're about what, thirty something? It's Friday and you're sitting all alone, you obviously know her (she pointed to Maria) pretty well and you love spending money on women. You didn't judge me when I said I don't work which is telling me that you don't really care about it, so you're probably one of those good-standing men who are simply enjoying life. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I would say this is just your typical Friday." Elizabeth loved doing this, observing and reading people. She could go even deeper but there was no need for that. Instead of it, she took her drink, raised the glass in the air towards him. "Cheers!"
Elizabeth Blackburn

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum