Hallie Cooper: The Next Chapter.
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Hallie Cooper: The Next Chapter. Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Hallie Cooper: The Next Chapter.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hallie Cooper: The Next Chapter. Empty Hallie Cooper: The Next Chapter.

Post by Hallie Cooper Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:18 pm

So Hallie is kind of not really doing anything.

I've really enjoyed writing Hallie. I remember when she was a Gryffindor whose brother was missing after being attacked by a werewolf and was striving to become an auror, influenced by the death of her Father.

Since then she's been engaged in duels that have strengthened her friendships, she's trained as an auror, learnt that there is more than firing a bunch of spells at a target. She even progressed to become leader of the Order of The Phoenix. Professionally, her journey is somewhat complete and I don't really have anything for her to progress to besides continuing to be an auror as she always wanted to be.

Her personal journey has seen Hallie fall in love with Theodore Rookwood, experience a life with him and envision a life with her forever. That failed. She lost their baby, their worlds were turned upside down, Hallie even left the country. Since returning she has been reunited with her Father, after discovering his death was staged by the ministry and her family is now, once again whole, after she was reunited with Toby during her first few weeks training as an auror. She even has closure on her marriage to Theodore.

So she's now at a point where, in spite of all the pain of a failed marriage and ex boyfriends torturing her, she is somewhat healed. One could argue she's reached the end of her journey and will live happily ever after. Maybe she'll find someone, continue life happily surrounded by family and friends. However, what the Hollywood movies always fail to get right is that they roll the credits. In life the credits never roll. In The Parent Trap the parents are reunited, they kiss and the family is whole. What happens when the twins start fighting over boys in school? When they head off to college? When the parents fight again and get a divorce. Life doesn't stop when everything is happy and calm, it continues.

The credits never roll, instead, a sequel unfolds.

The next chapter of Hallie's life is about to begin and what it may hold I have no idea. One thing I enjoy most about Hallie is the beauty of her plotting. It's so spontaneous, it's never mapped out and for some people they find it difficult not having an end game, but I think because I'm so attached to Hallie I like not thinking about her future and simply living in her moment, occasionally throwing something in her way.

Although... Now I've hit a brick wall. Her story feels complete but it just isn't, I refuse to accept that it's complete. Why? Because the credits never roll! But, in order to feel the chain reaction of her next chapter, where plots simply occurs and falls naturally into place, I need something to kick start it. Whether it be love interest. A really interesting auror case that takes over her life.

In terms of love interests, I don't necessarily want to have it set in stone that they're together as sometimes there might not be any chemistry when we actually role play but I need something for Hallie, even if it's something different. Although unless she left her auror post I couldn't see her being in a different place where she meets new people and is hit with the plots of others. I think that's what helped Hallie's plotting really. She was at Hogwarts. Then she was an auror where she was introduced to different people, such as the Lupin Clan. But the marriage law also forced her to be with someone else so there was always different scenarios that she was in and now she's sort of stuck in a rut of going to work or wandering down Diagon Alley or visiting Hogsmede.

I've really contemplated sending her back to Hogwarts, although I know she wouldn't just up and quit her job as an auror, especially after working so hard to get to where she is.

So... This is my call for ideas... Characters. Scenarios. Locations. Maybe even plotting that you have for your own characters that Hallie could wander into could work quite well.

PS: If some of this doesn't make sense then I blame sleep deprivation. Razz
Hallie Cooper
Hallie Cooper
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 927
Special Abilities : Non-Verbal Magic, Apparation

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Hallie Cooper: The Next Chapter. Empty Re: Hallie Cooper: The Next Chapter.

Post by Everly Bardugo Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:11 am

She has *got* to meet Henry. Like, honestly. She'll either hate him or love him immediately, and it would be so much fun. I don't even care what comes out of it, either. I just... yes. Please. <3
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 2817

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosanna Parker Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:28 pm

That's not a bad idea her doing a guest lecture, perhaps not right now as Hogwarts has just reopened but maybe later in the year when people are kind of settled in and everything is flowing.

As for threading with Henry. I've read his application and I think it would be really fun to throw them in a thread together and see what happens. And you've plugged him so well I just can't resist! Only question, WHEN?! Very Happy
Rosanna Parker
Rosanna Parker

Number of posts : 181
Special Abilities : Apparation | Non-Verbal Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Everly Bardugo Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:08 pm

He works at the Ministry! Maybe she's coming in to see the Lupins and on her way out they meet in the lift or at the cafe or something? Very Happy
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 2817

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top