Thread with Avery?
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Thread with Avery? Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Thread with Avery?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Thread with Avery? Empty Thread with Avery?

Post by Avery Bishop Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:19 pm

Firstly, if you want more info on Avery or any of my characters, check this thread: https://www.pottersarmy.net/t20301-adrienne-s-plotter-all-characters

That^ is where I intended to do all of my plotting, but because Avery's direction has changed so much, I'm opening up this temporary one, which I'll remove later, just for this part of her story.

A week ago (I'm putting this in for plot purposes, so a week before the first thread she has with somebody), Avery's husband - Robin Ivanov - disappeared. On their daughter's birthday, of all days. This morning, she's received a letter from the Auror department of the Wizarding Ministry in Russia, saying that he's been found dead. She doesn't want to believe it at all, knowing about the past that could have created some enemies for him along the way.

OOC info:
This plot is happening because Em (Robin's handler) is busy with school stuff, and I wanted to use Avery while finding some plotting for Robin once she is able to return. So we've agreed upon this one. However, we haven't decided upon who has convinced the Russian Auror leader to do this, or why, so Avery won't be getting any answers about it any time soon.

Potential directions for this (at least that I've thought of thus far):
- Someone might choose to help her look into things
-- Or they might decide to travel to Russia with her to dig around?
- If there was someone who's had a secret 'thing' for Avery, they might try to get involved in hers and her daughter's lives  in some way.
- She might run to someone to ask if they'd heard anything if said person knew him. Or she might ask if she could stay with someone/if they would come stay with her in case anything else happens or in case it really did happen and she finds proof. She wouldn't want to be on her own, even if she's got Ari with her, if she learns that the letter was telling the truth.

Of course, I'm up for other suggestions if you've got some, considering I miss her lots and it's about time she really and truly grows up and stops over-panicking (totally not a word, is that?) about everything.
Avery Bishop
Avery Bishop
Durmstrang Graduate
Durmstrang Graduate

Number of posts : 575

Back to top Go down

Thread with Avery? Empty Re: Thread with Avery?

Post by Ophelia Claire Rosewille Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:28 pm

Hello, Addie, may I offer you Ophelia as an assistant who might help her look deeper into things and travel with her to Russia if necessary?
Here are reasons why:
1. Ophelia is smart and she can adapt easily (but only if she has undergone some encouraging)
2. Languages are no problem for her and as she is fast learner, she can help Avery to move around more freely and without the language barrier.
3. Since she looks very young, 11 more than 15, she can present herself as Avery's child only to assist her more.
4. She is very curious and some adventure is what might make her feel braver and more confident about herself.
(5. I want to roleplay with people so I hope this counts? Very Happy)
Ophelia Claire Rosewille
Ophelia Claire Rosewille
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 198

Back to top Go down

Post by Barnaby Fontaine Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:08 am

That totally works for me! Avery works at the Ministry with dragons, so we could say that she's holding maybe a week-long lecture as a guest or something? So maybe the middle of the week is her daughter's first birthday, so she's all happy and excited and all that, but then the next day she comes in and gets all worked up?

I mean, if she and Ophelia sort of took to each other a bit, she wouldn't be weirded out by a student asking her what the matter is. The only issue is that it's during the school year, y'know? Like, I don't know how she would get let out of school for it, unless they said she was doing an apprenticeship or something, which the Ministry would support (at least via PA, anyways).

I guess I'd want to know where you want to start, and what sort of relationship they have going into our thread so I can write it accordingly.
Barnaby Fontaine
Barnaby Fontaine
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 70

Back to top Go down

Post by Ophelia Claire Rosewille Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:29 pm

Apprenticeship sounds alright if they have a valid reason to present. As an example -- there might be something which only is in Russia and therefore they decide to go and "examine" and study there, call it a project or so.

As to how they would actually end up speaking of that... Maybe Ophelia would just end up talking about her past to her? Finally get everything spilled out so she can move on with her new life, you know, and who else would listen to her rather than a professor? And what's best -- she is not staing at Hogwarts for long and therefore no rumors would be spread. At this point Avery'd see an opening and talk about her problem as well and with them possibly understanding and feeling for each other, Ophie would offer her help.

So yeah, probably they'd start as strangers and meet by an accident. Maybe Avery walking around and Ophelia just accidentally stumbling upon her or smth. What you say?
Ophelia Claire Rosewille
Ophelia Claire Rosewille
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Everly Bardugo Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:28 pm

D'you know, Avery had a right horrible past herself. Could be that she's around for lecture but happens across Ophelia on the grounds, right? And then maybe they get to talking and it's a couple days after Robin's gone off missing, so Avery is freaked, and would take the chance to ask her.

I'm good with folks randomly meeting each other, but I dunno about say, running directly into each other, y'know? I don't meant to like... go against your idea or anything like that at all. But, in real life if we did that, we'd just keep on walking, right? So maybe Ophelia is sat somewhere and Avery sits nearby and we kind of wing it from there?
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 2817

Back to top Go down

Post by Ophelia Claire Rosewille Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:28 pm

Sounds okay to me and it is understandable why my idea of simply walking into each other and start talking sounds off. I would not do that in real life either.
Anyhow, do you start it or should I?
Ophelia Claire Rosewille
Ophelia Claire Rosewille
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Apollo Zabini Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:23 pm

Would you like to? I've no problem starting it, but if you have an idea of a post you're welcome to do so Smile
Apollo Zabini
Apollo Zabini
Fifth Year Slytherin
Fifth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 646

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top