A Hunt of Sorts
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Hunt of Sorts Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Hunt of Sorts

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Hunt of Sorts Empty A Hunt of Sorts

Post by Naomi Mulciber Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:19 pm

Oliver had not expected the sudden potential of being able to help so many people, but apparently other Order members and friends felt differently about that. First, the Hayes - or one of them, anyway - had determined that he was the best one to help them track down men who could only be termed "bad guys." Of course, Oliver had been less sure, so additional help had been enlisted. But these were men who worked as a group, who killed as a group. It was far more dangerous to find six men than to find one. He had no way of knowing, when he walked into Number Twelve that morning, that he would end up giving his help freely yet again. Alice was going to start getting irritated with him at this rate, he would think as he made his way home that night.

Before that, though, he was sitting in the kitchen of Grimmauld, wondering vaguely why certain people he knew had not joined the Order despite helping with the "cause." But it was dangerous and growing more so by the day. So he had never asked. But he would have liked very much to have more people who at least have him the chance to be the leader he wanted to be, even if that came by way of friends. Favors, he knew, would likely win people over as well. Which is why he looked up with a smile when Christian entered, thinking it would be someone else. His smile fell. The boy had let Augustus Rookwood get away with his wand, leaving the recent graduate without one.

Christian frowned right back but dropped off the letter that Declan had written about his friend Ellie. Oliver didn't mean it to, but the letter went unopened and got lost within that first day, because after Christian backed out of the room, a woman entered.
Naomi Mulciber
Naomi Mulciber
Fifth Year Slytherin
Fifth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 292

Back to top Go down

A Hunt of Sorts Empty Re: A Hunt of Sorts

Post by Dariela McLaggen Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:10 pm

Since she came to England she is in search of a man for whom they told her that he can certainly help. Oliver. At the high position, and if anyone can find out where is Nikolai, it's Oliver. Therefore, Alessia decided to visit him today. She met Oliver earlier but never had the chance to talk to him about her problem. She took a deep breath, preparing for the worst.

She knocked on the door and then entered the room. "Oliver, I'm so glad to see you." sighed with relief and smiled happy that she could find him today. She thought of what could tell him. How to tell all, when she herself is not sure what happened. One thing she knew, Nik is gone. That's all it was clear in her life now. For details, everything that happened, it was unclear. She knew that small parts of the order's plan, but Nik never said all or anything important. He spoke to her as little as she knows, the more are protected she and their son Lucas. If they was talked more, now it would be easier. Maybe she would have more chances to find him.

She paused. Maybe this is all a mistake. Maybe Oliver can not help, and will be a disappointment only increased. Still, she had to try. For her own sake, and for Lucas. He deserves to know what happened to his father when he grows up enough. The truth had to come out. She inhaled deeply. It was time. She looked at Oliver getting ready to say the worst.
Dariela McLaggen
Dariela McLaggen
Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 102

Back to top Go down

Post by Naomi Mulciber Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:22 am

When Alessia greeted him, Oliver was vaguely surprised, if only because he hadn't been able to get to know all of the members personally. And yet she had decided to seek him out. That was certainly interesting enough for him to ignore the letter sat on the desk in front of him, and very quickly caught and held his attention. He was preparing to give her a warm and friendly greeting when he noticed the look on her face. Something wasn't right, and she looked nervous to tell him. Had she heard something about the Death Eaters and what happened at the Inn?

Oliver would have been surprised, as no word had come in during the days after the battle, and he was starting to go mad with asking everyone to keep their eyes and ears open. But he knew just as well as anybody that helpful information could come from the most random of places. So he pushed his chair back and walked around to lean on the front of the table. It felt less standoffish, at least to him, and he gave her an apologetic but encouraging smile.

“Are you feeling alright?” he asked, pressing his palms onto the edge of his desk as he rested against it. “You seem sort of… uncomfortable.”
Naomi Mulciber
Naomi Mulciber
Fifth Year Slytherin
Fifth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dariela McLaggen Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:24 pm

"Actually, I need your help," she looked at him. She had to do this, hoping that he can help her. She tried to figure out exactly what happened to Nikolai so she could say to Oliver.

"A year ago, my husband Nikolai and his colleague Dmitri they journeyed to England. Order sent them, I do not know why." She frowned slightly. It's true, she does not know why Nikolai went.

"Shortly after that, maybe a week later, we found out that Dmitri is dead. He was hit by a curse, not even have a chance to defend himself .. "she shook her head sadly. She could only hope that Dmitri is not a lot of suffering as he died.
"However, my husband disappeared. They pronounced him dead, but his body was not found. I came ... from Moscow to find Nikolai. Since there is no evidence of his death, no traces that would indicate on that ... I think he's alive. It is possible to Death Eaters keep him in captivity, is not it? " She did not understand that held her breath until she stopped talking. He had to be kidnapped, the only other solution would be that he deliberately left her.

"If he is fine.. certainly would go back home," she said sure. "I need your help to find him," she looked at Oliver.
Dariela McLaggen
Dariela McLaggen
Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Naomi Mulciber Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:39 am

Oliver's face fell as she began. He could admit that he was slightly disappointed that it was not about intelligence regarding the Death Eaters. But she needed him to help her, so he straightened up properly and gave her his most focused and interested look as she explained.

"I must admit," Oliver began slowly, with a bit of trepidation, "that I never knew your husband. I was more or less brought in when the Order needed someone without bias or past arguments, which wasn't all that long ago. I'm very sorry and disappointed to hear that this happened because someone from the Order asked it of him. To be fair, though, if they were brought here by the Order, I imagine there was reason enough. After all, everything is based here," he pointed out both figuratively as well as literally, waving a hand at the room around them.

When she finished, he nodded automatically. He had trouble denying help to those who needed it, of course. But that was nothing new, despite his semi-new role at Grimmauld. "I'll do what I can," he promised. He was surprised, somewhat, that another person had come to him hoping he would be of use to them. It was like the Hayes family all over again, wasn't it?

"I know you said you weren't sure, but if you had to guess who he was involved with - or what he was involved with - where would you look first? Without much information on him as a person, or on his partner or his goals, I don't know where to start."
Naomi Mulciber
Naomi Mulciber
Fifth Year Slytherin
Fifth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dariela McLaggen Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:13 pm

Alessia was noticed that he was disappointed. Probably he expected some significant news. Instead, he got her, with all hers intractable problems.

"It is natural that you do not know him. We live in Moscow. Or at least we lived," she nodded. There was no way to describe him. Nikolai was never allowed to take pictures of his familly for some silly superstition.
"Nikolai was special .. .. There was never allowed to take a picture, he's very superstitious ... If you do not know him, it will be impossible to recognize him if you see him," she paused for a moment.
"However, if you hear anything, let me know please." She looked at him, the despair felt in her voice.

"I ... I was thinking to join to the DE, as well as a double agent .. I want to try to find out something more. He came her because of an issue in Moscow. They were sent here to consult with some people. They considered that is too risky to send an owl, "she said at last.
Dariela McLaggen
Dariela McLaggen
Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Naomi Mulciber Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:50 am

"Of course I will," he agreed easily, despite not understandings the reasoning behind the information she offered him. Without a full backstory of sorts on the missing person, though, Oliver didn't expect to properly put all of the pieces together yet. "We've got a lot of eyes and ears around here, so I'll pay more attention about that."

When she went on, his brow furrowed deeply as he realized he would have to lay his cards on the table a bit. "I don't know if that's a good idea. We already have two people working for us as double agents, though few people know this. It wouldn't be safe to send in a third and hope that you don't get caught. If you can give me a really good reason as to why the Death Eaters wouldn't be suspicious of you, then I might be willing to help. However," he continued quickly, hoping to help more than harm, "you have the option of changing sides and then meeting with me or whomever from the Order can be trusted, to tell them what's been happening. But I can't run the risk of sending out patronuses when you might be in a Death Eater meeting. The two men acting as double agents cannot come to our meetings unless the situation is dire, and it would be no different for you. If you agree to the meetings," Oliver explained warily, "you'll be a double agent in name, but only I can know.

"And you can't show up here, especially not for the first few months. Once you're in with the Death Eaters, though, there's no getting out of it. There's no quitting once you get the mark. I would think on it if I were you," Oliver concluded. "Then, if you're sure, I will try and help you."
Naomi Mulciber
Naomi Mulciber
Fifth Year Slytherin
Fifth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dariela McLaggen Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:58 pm

She listened carefully to every his word. Aware of the risk, aware of is that this decision could cost lives. However, she is also know that this is the only way to find Nikolai, if he is even still alive. She looked at Oliver.

"I am aware of the risk, I want to do that. I know that this decision was a big and dangerous, but it's the only way. However, when I joined the Death Eaters, I would appreciate to keep it between us. My priority is to have as few people know, cause I want my son to be protected, I can not lose him too, "she sighed.

She shook her head in his last words, "Do not worry, I will not be appearing here, at least for a while. Later on, I will always come in disguise, I can not risk that someone recognizes me ever when I come here," she nodded. She was afraid, this was too much, but she was persistent in its decision. The idea that she might find Nikolai gave her new strength.
Dariela McLaggen
Dariela McLaggen
Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Naomi Mulciber Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:44 pm

Oliver wished he could understand why Alessia trusted him so much. Not that he minded it, of course, since it did make him feel like he was doing some good again. Perhaps he had finally started to gain some respect from his fellow Order members. If nothing else, Oliver knew he ought to take this as an opportunity to help someone, rather than to just prove himself capable of being a leader.

That's fine, then. We can arrange a way to meet every now and then as needed - particularly if you or I come across anything. Perhaps we should come up with code names of sorts, and use those in our letters instead of our real ones? Sounds a bit odd, I guess," he admitted, scratching at the back of his neck as he tried to think. "It will work, though, I think."

Leaning back against the desk again, Oliver sighed. "Plan to meet up somewhere in, say, two weeks? See how it goes? I won't be able to give you access to the house," he reminded her, gesturing towards the entirety of Grimmauld Place in a sort of sweeping gesture of his hand, "but we can make it work. I know a good many cafés that could do, besides."

[ooc: I'll change her tag to DE and stuff so she can get in, but if you want, under occupation I can add 'Secret Double Agent.' If we put the Double Agent tag under her name, people will tend to think that it's common knowledge, which can cause some issues. Particularly if they don't know the plot or don't have a member in the Order to see this thread. I'll leave access to the house open so you can see what's happening, but IC she wouldn't be able to get in.]
Naomi Mulciber
Naomi Mulciber
Fifth Year Slytherin
Fifth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dariela McLaggen Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:01 pm

Alessia is a person who is not a long time in London. She does not do very well here, and all indications were that Oliver would be able to help her. Therefore, she decided to speak to him for help.
She nodded when she heard his proposal.
"I think it can help, as well as various magic lantern to the message. In France, we have a lot of use as a hidden way of communication," she admitted.

She nodded again. Frankly, she will miss this place, but this is probably the only way.
"Okay, I think we have an agreement then. For two weeks, we'll find a way to agree on the location for a reunion." laughed a little.
"Thank you, I really appreciate your help. Here they respect you, and have a reason," she said honestly.

[Of course, it sounds great Very Happy]
Dariela McLaggen
Dariela McLaggen
Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top