A shoulder to lean on if truly needed {Declan} - Page 3
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A shoulder to lean on if truly needed {Declan} - Page 3 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A shoulder to lean on if truly needed {Declan}

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A shoulder to lean on if truly needed {Declan} - Page 3 Empty Re: A shoulder to lean on if truly needed {Declan}

Post by Yvette Tungsten-Wells Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:19 pm

Yvette laughed at his response and said, "Well depends on the situation I guess." She couldn't help but giggle more but finally got all of them out. "Well I grew up with one sister and she's kinda more flamboyant than me. She left for America as soon as she turned 18. She sends letters everyday though, it's not the same as having her here though."

"That sounds good to me, friends." She said with a smile. "Friends get to get drunk together though right?" She grinned mischievously at him showing him that she was joking. 

"Yeah more than a few," She sighed as she thought of several just sitting there. Shaking her head to clear it before she got lost in those thoughts. 

She felt comforted by his touch on her hand as she talked. Though a few times she almost forgot what she was going to say next. 

She met his eyes when he lifted her chin and listened to his words. She felt her eyes getting moist at his words and couldn't help but feel grateful that he was there. "Thank you Declan that's really nice of you to say." She said softly, she blinked trying to get rid of the water in her eyes. Instead a single tear slipped past and ran down her cheek.
Yvette Tungsten-Wells
Yvette Tungsten-Wells
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 155

Back to top Go down

A shoulder to lean on if truly needed {Declan} - Page 3 Empty Re: A shoulder to lean on if truly needed {Declan}

Post by Declan Arryn Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:02 pm

Declan wasn't one to make any sort of fuss about someone else getting emotional. He wasn't particularly comfortable, of course, but he definitely preferred to consider the circumstances before becoming awkward about it. And the circumstances this time were these: Yvette had been drinking just as he had, and they were talking about painful subjects. Compliments couldn't exactly turn that around. And Declan didn't want to assume he was right about this, but it seemed like she didn't often hear words like those he had just offered her.

His forehead creased as the corners of his mouth turned down a little. His thumb brushed over her cheek, wiping away the tear there. Part of him was amused, in a way, because she had used his name without having to think about it. As ever, names meant more to him than to most others, because he knew better than anyone (in his opinion, anyway) how powerful they were. But it wasn't the time for that.

Declan searched her gaze for a moment, then sighed, his shoulders relaxing. "I meant every word. And I think you could do to hear it more often, too." He smiled, then, and lifted his spare hand to meet the one at her chin so he could cradle her cheeks in his palms. 

Leaning forward, he pressed a kiss to her forehead and then pulled back. "You're gonna do just fine, love. You'll find someone who treats you right, I'm sure of it."
Declan Arryn
Declan Arryn
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 480

Back to top Go down

Post by Yvette Tungsten-Wells Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:22 pm

Yvette smiled and said, "Thanks Declan. That means a lot to me. Yeah I probably could but it just doesn't happen nearly as much." She sighed and remembered what her mother said to her that day. She grabbed the whiskey bottle and poured even more into her cup. "My mother liked him and she kinda said that I was the reason the relationship ended. Which is why I now no longer live with my parents." She took a healthy slug from her glass.

She smiled when he said that she'd find someone who treats her right. "At this rate Declan, I'm more likely to end up like a old cat lady. Except I'd take in any animal off the street and get them good homes." She said as she touched one of the hands cupping her face. She rubbed her thumb over the back of his hand and said, "I'll be okay though. It's not like being alone if all that bad right?" Her voice shook slightly at the last words.
Yvette Tungsten-Wells
Yvette Tungsten-Wells
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Declan Arryn Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:13 pm

A look of deep disapproval crossed over Declan's features when she nformed him that her mother had blamed Yvette for the problems in her relationship. It made him half wish he could tell the woman off, but he knew better than to truly want something like that. It wasn't usually part of his nature, so he blamed the alcohol in part and his general distaste for how she had been treated for the rest of it.

When she continued and said she didn't expect anything much in the future, he had to admit - silently, at least - that he understood her uncertainty. "I know it makes me sound all patronizing or something, but it's like I said. I felt that way these past two years and even now, I'm not sure what to expect from Dom. But it's possible you've just not reached the point where you are ready for it. I'm not saying you don't seem capable of anything like that, of course. But... I wouldn't have done things right when I was younger, and they can't expect you to get it right the first time. That's incredibly unfair."

Her question was a sad one, but he smiled at her nonetheless. "It's stupidly cliche, and I doubt you would have me, but if neither of us have anybody in, say, ten years, I'd be more than happy to give it a go. That'd give you the time to find someone better," he added on with a wink.

[ooc: rofl. I have a new Future AU headcanon for these two XD ]
Declan Arryn
Declan Arryn
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Yvette Tungsten-Wells Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:25 pm

"Well if you knew my mother you'd know that she expects perfection in everything. She wants me on her side and my father wants me on his side. It's horrible." Yvette said taking a long drink from her cup remembering what her mother said to her once. "My parents are divorced and they try to get me to their side so they can use me as leverage against the other. It's why I moved out and I haven't spoken to them in about oh eight months."

She looked at him stunned at his words. "Really? Have you not seen how half the women in this bar look at you? You are really handsome Declan. Anyone with a brain can clearly see that when they look at you. Anyone who thinks otherwise needs their head examined." She said looking at him but stunned by his words nonetheless. "That would also give you time to find someone too. Though I don't think you'd go for someone like me."
Yvette Tungsten-Wells
Yvette Tungsten-Wells
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Declan Arryn Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:48 pm

Declan took a deep drink, finishing off his most recent glass as she explained about her parents. "I think my folks might've been like that if they knew the truth about Danica. They never met her, because the timing never worked out. But if they knew what had happened, I can't imagine they would have approved. So while I don't properly understand," he admitted, "I can imagine how their disapproval would feel. And I'm sorry you have to deal with that."

Some would have smirked at her reply, and Declan would have been more likely to look sheepish. But he did feel a slight twinge of disappointment. He couldn't really call her out on it after she had been drinking, but as nice as it was to be told he was attractive in her opinion, Delcan didn't want to be just that. Despite his foggy thoughts he rationalized, somehow, that she didn't know him as well as it might have taken for her to give some other adjective.

"I.. Thank you, Yvette. I hope that I can prove to be better than just that, though. As for you," Declan inclined his head towards her once more, "it seems to me that the things you think make you less interesting are exactly the things people should find charming or fascinating. You're going through life without your family, after making it through a broken heart, and you take in animals who need somebody. If you ask me, that's a pretty good first impression you've given me. I'm just sorry I never asked before."

Lifting one shoulder, he added, "I would rather you find somebody instead of relying on something like this. And I don't want you to feel bad if you do find somebody, or if things work out for me with someone. I am just that guy that has to plan ahead, and if it makes you feel more secure about things, then I'm glad. Not everything lasts, even if we want it to, besides. So you never know! I'm just saying... I'll be around if you need me, regardless. But I do mean it, what I suggested."

[ooc: if you find yourself with extra time or looking for threads, seriously let me know if you want to do an AU future thread with these two. It's too cute and cliche for me to resist Razz ]
Declan Arryn
Declan Arryn
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Yvette Tungsten-Wells Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:09 pm

Yvette nodded at his words feeling very relaxed with him and went to sit back but realized almost too late that there was no back to the stool. She quickly grabbed a hold of the bar to keep herself up right. Her face went red as an apple and realized she was more drunk than she thought she was. "Their disapproval is something that I've learned to deal with from them. I tend to just let it go considering they just like thinking they can control me." She said softly and the smiled. "For once I feel free."

"Your a good man Declan, you are sweet and kind. Anyone would be lucky to have you. You have a heart broken past, but nowadays who doesn't? You are strong and a good boss." She said looking at him touching his arm to make sure he heard her words. "Sometimes people with a past that hurt them are the ones with the biggest walls around their hearts."

"I'll try but with the way people are these days I doubt I ever will. You have to try to find someone though Declan, try to lower the walls around your heart a little and see what happens." She said then kissed his cheek softly. "The world isn't all dark and it isn't all light, it's just something in between. I just hope that you can find that light you need. Having a plan isn't all that bad it just means your prepared for whatever lies ahead. Thank you Declan," She smiled sweetly at him.

((OOC: YES!!!!! it would be soooo cute!!!))
Yvette Tungsten-Wells
Yvette Tungsten-Wells
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top