Coffee Coffee Coffee
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Coffee Coffee Coffee Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Coffee Coffee Coffee

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Coffee Coffee Coffee Empty Re: Coffee Coffee Coffee

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Wed May 13, 2015 12:48 am

He had actually taken her up on it. She had thrown it out as a joke, not actually meaning it. But anyone who wanted to call her bluff was alright by her, for the meantime. She was very curious to see what he wanted to know from her, and what she could actually offer.

She had made sure that the kids were being watched by cousin Charlie, had left a note for Max, and had stepped out in the night to apparate off to the Three Broomsticks.

A gust of wind pushed her into the Three Broomsticks, as the weather seemed incapable of making up its mind. She cast an eye around the bar, shaking her jacket out, and spotted the former-Slytherin. She angled her way towards him and squeezed between tables and chairs, before dropping into the chair opposite of him. "You're a literal man."
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Wed May 13, 2015 4:04 am

Jack stared at Selywn with a blank stare, freezing as he began to outline how he would have liked the conversation to go. She kept her dull gaze on him, as though she were heartily offended by his words.

Then she snorted. "Sit down," she said, waving a hand. She flagged down a waitress and said, "Usual, please." Her classic order of rum and coke was known by the waitstaff, as she very rarely varied from that drink once five o'clock hit. She turned her gaze back to Selwyn, tilting her head as she waited for him to order his drink. This was his show.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Wed May 13, 2015 11:25 pm

She let him speak, as she had learned to do. Working in government and children had forcibly taught her that valuable and necessary skill. It seemed like Selwyn was remembering her in the thick of teenaged angst - a time she hardly remembered, but figured was probably his only point of reference. She couldn't remember the last time she had seen him, but she remember Potter's Army and looking at him with distrust because, back then, she hadn't trusted anyone. Certainly he had seen her name in the Prophet a few times since then, but when had the Prophet ever been known for being the most trusted source for truth.

She ticked her head. "I've gotten over the house thing. I've even learned to respect Hufflepuffs." She paused, lifting an eyebrow, though she admitted it wasn't the best of jokes. So she plowed on, "The Order is meant to do what needs doing, but they don't do it. They've been very passive for some time now, too afraid of becoming too much like the Death Eaters to do anything that might stop them."

She shifted in her seat. "Now, I'm very protective of my group. It's a fledgling group, in reality. As well as we work together, it could be easily torn apart and forgotten. But we've recognized that there's very few differences between ourselves and the Death Eaters, except that we have the public's safety and freedom in mind, whereas they believe the public needs to be re-educated or picked through until the best survive, etc. Each regime is a bit different. But the Order is afraid of preemptive strikes, afraid of upsetting the Ministry, afraid of breaking alliances, whatever. We're not. We find the bottom line and we fight for it. If that means taking out someone who has been kidnapping children and dropping them off at Azkaban in the middle of the night, we do it. We leave the politics to the Order and the Ministry."

The question of her feelings towards the Order were harder to explain. "Oliver knows little about my group. He knows that I'd like to use people from the Order who grow restless with it and want more, but he has respected my privacy. He, as most of the members who were there as my stint as leader, just understands that I've lost faith in organizations. Not in people, but in mentality they get into when they allow politics and fake ideologies to prevent them from doing good."
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Thu May 14, 2015 2:11 am

He wasn't giving her much by way of reaction, considering how much she had revealed of her very private affairs. She had done it, partly to make up for some previous coldness towards him. As well as the fact that she had developed a distaste for acting all self important and withholding. Sometimes she had to, of course, but it never sat well with her.

She wasn't sure what he meant by his next question, but she was saved the opportunity from answering right off when the waitress returned and set their drinks down. She nodded her thank you and took a drink. Good stuff.

"I am a muggleborn."
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Mon May 18, 2015 1:34 am

Jack knew he wouldn't understand without seeing them in action. With the philosophical, activist mind's of Kip, with the freedom advocacy of Gabby, to the classic Potter mentality from Fred Weasley, there was always a balance between action and justice. The Order never seemed willing to employ the former, to find the balance, because being passive meant that they were never in the wrong. But an outsider couldn't understand that. And she wasn't asking him too. If she wanted him to understand, she would have come to him in the first place.

"Strangely enough, I'm not asking for your approval," she said, speaking carefully, trying to keep her emotions level. "And if we start needing it, I'll ask. And if you suspect us of foul play, please, check into it. I'm not afraid of checks and balances."
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top