It's not a remedy if there aren't any problems
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

It's not a remedy if there aren't any problems Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

It's not a remedy if there aren't any problems

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

It's not a remedy if there aren't any problems Empty It's not a remedy if there aren't any problems

Post by James S Potter Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:11 pm

The calendar was glaringly clear about that evening’s events: dinner with James. Dinner. Moreover, dinner with another human being – one who he was fairly friendly with and a bunch of total strangers. James, this James, didn’t know when he had become enough of a companion for his presence to be desired at another person’s home where wine would be required to be bought – though Jamie had insisted on bringing dessert. He’d managed a bar about a month ago but he still wasn’t entirely sure about supermarket drinks aisles. The temptation might have been the same but somehow he felt a little more exposed and vulnerable to breaking the rules – which was, after all, the last thing Jamie wanted to do.

Nevertheless, dinner was on the cards whether the Potter man liked it or not. The problem was that he had no idea what to wear. He wanted to know when he’d turned into what he imagined his little sister should’ve acted like. He swallowed any pride or self-respect he may have still been harbouring and picked out a pair of dark jeans and a pale blue button-down shirt. Both worked and both, thankfully, fit. He paired it off with some beige brogues he’d bought on impulse before the accident and once they were laced he looked into doing something with his hair but, as all Potters well knew, that was an uphill and pointless battle that wasn’t worth bothering with so in the end James gave up.

Archie was impatient to go over to spend time with Albus and Athena. The dog liked the children in particular as they were more than happy to invite him to play their games. The adults were a little cooler towards him but Jamie utilised their children’s love of his puppy to make sure they looked after him for the evening. Athena gave him an impatient smile when he arrived and let the dog inside, Jamie smiling a little at the shrieks of excitement that followed. He kissed her cheek, promised he’d be back that evening, and left with her wish for him to have a good dinner pressed into his skin.

When Jamie appeared on James’ doorstep, he did so with dessert – a decadent coconut cake – in a brown paper bag. He stepped forward and knocked on the door, hesitance making him pause for a second before rapping his knuckles against the wood. Then, James waited – a mix of terror and excitement coiling in his gut. It wouldn’t be that bad, would it?
James S Potter
James S Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 109
Special Abilities : Animagus, Parselmouth

Back to top Go down

It's not a remedy if there aren't any problems Empty Re: It's not a remedy if there aren't any problems

Post by Lilyanya Faulkner Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:27 am

Anya was standing in her brother James' kitchen helping him cook dinner. She was wearing her favorite sky blue halter dress with a mint green apron wrapped around her waist. Her brother wasn't the best in this department, he didn't know how to make most of anything. He only knew how to make three dishes and those would only feed one person. So James decided to beg and plead with her to make dinner since she was much better at cooking than him. So she stood there in his kitchen making her famous baked spaghetti with garlic bread and salad to go with it.

Anya watched as James tidied up his already immaculately clean house. Then tried to suppress her giggle when he ran down the stairs leading to the basement. He had shouted about needing to get the Dragons fed and check on the mother with her babies. She had ten minutes left of the spaghetti as she pulled out the garlic bread from the oven. Shaking her head at her brother's tactics she wondered deep down if her brother was actually gay. Of course she knew better considering she was always absorbed in his work but when he did date it was women who were beautiful.

She giggled when he emerged from the basement with no scratches and immediately went to his room. She knew he was getting washed up and changed out of his normal work garb. Anya grabbed a glass from the cupboard that was a steel cup. She grabbed the jug from the mini fridge that was cleverly hidden under the counter. Pouring the liquid into it she filled it up completely, quickly putting away. Taking a long sip from it before going back to finishing dinner for her brother.

Anya heard someone knock on the door as she was pulling out the spaghetti. She quickly put it on the hot plates on the counter before going to the door. She undid the apron and put it on the hood near the door before opening it. "Hello. You must be Jamie right? I'm Anya James' sister. Please come in, he'll be out soon he's just washing up." She said shyly as she held open the door for him.
Lilyanya Faulkner
Lilyanya Faulkner

Number of posts : 331

Back to top Go down

It's not a remedy if there aren't any problems Empty Re: It's not a remedy if there aren't any problems

Post by James S Potter Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:43 pm

The door opened and immediately Jamie had a thousand excuses in his mind for how he’d managed to get the wrong house because the lady in the doorway definitely wasn’t James. He opened his mouth, his cheeks colouring brightly, but before he could utter his apologies and duck out of the porch and out of dinner entirely – perhaps he’d take the coconut cake back to Albus and Athena’s and eat it with them and the kids – she spoke. Jamie quickly closed his mouth, rubbing his lips together, hesitance showing in those Potter features.

Jamie murmured his hello’s and stepped inside, wiping his feet on the doormat. He cleared his throat and then held his hand out to Anya, smiling gently. “It’s a pleasure to meet you,” he told her before dropping his hand back from the shake to hold up the bag. “I brought dessert. It’s … I hope it’s alright. I’m not sure I’m really qualified to pick cakes but the lady in the shop said it was fantastic and I’m willing to take her word for it consider she bakes my bread and … yeah.” Jamie shrugged, losing his confidence as he realised he was rambling.

“Is there anything I can help with?” He asked as he shrugged off his leather jacket – one of the few hang-ups from his old life that he’d never really let go of. He reached to peg it up on the hook and then unbuttoned his cuffs, opening up his shirt sleeves and beginning to roll them over his lean arms that held a deceptive sense of power within them. “Cooking … or the like?” He added – knowing he probably wouldn’t be much help at all but he was determined to make a show of it, even if it ended poorly. It was the friendly thing to do after all.
James S Potter
James S Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilyanya Faulkner Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:10 pm

Anya wanted to kick her brother for not being in the room as she shut the door when he stepped in. Taking his offered hand and smiled softly, "It's a pleasure to meet you as well." She let go of his hand hoping he didn't feel that hers wasn't warm. She felt nervous about having someone who didn't know about her 'unhuman-like' diet. Hearing he had brought dessert she smiled again pushing her thoughts else where. "I'm sure it will be lovely," She said taking it from him and walking towards the kitchen. "Please make yourself at home," She took off the brown wrapping and placed the pie in the middle of the counter.

Anya looked at him when he offered to help with something. "Oh no, I basically have everything done already. Would you like something to drink?" She asked as she watched him roll up the sleeves of his shirt. She closed her eyes before turned reaching for a large bowl on the top shelf of the cabinet behind her. Her reach was four inches too short, that's when she began cursing her brother and his tall kitchen cabinets. Standing up on her tiptoes didn't even help she sighed covering her face with one hand. Turning with slight hesitation, "Do you think your tall enough to grab that bowl? My brother's cabinets are too high and i'm really short and..I." She said shyly as she looked down, she felt like she was rambling. If she was still human her face would be as bright as an apple.

That's when James' voice sounded down the hall causing her to jump slightly. "I'll be out soon, sorry Jamie!" He shouted as Anya heard him rustling around in his room. There was then a loud thump and she had to try hard to not to laugh out loud.

"He's a klutz which doesn't make sense for someone so tall." She said smiling softly as she grabbed her cup from the counter and took a sip. She made sure that he couldn't see the contents of the cup. She also made sure that none of it got on her lips when she took a drink. She didn't want him to freak out about being in the same room as a vampire like most people did.
Lilyanya Faulkner
Lilyanya Faulkner

Back to top Go down

Post by James S Potter Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:10 pm

She was pleasant. Not even pleasant – she was nice. In a funny sort of way she was even charming and it put Jamie right at ease. It helped convince him that he wasn’t scared in the slightest. Then again, he’d been shirking out of dinners and pub extravaganzas with friends and co-workers alike for months now. He’d gone to one and now this dinner was another step which would remove him from his self-imposed hermit lifestyle, even if it was just another four walls albeit with company. He felt a little bit lighter and he was happy to follow her into the kitchen, his eyes eagerly taking in the details.

“I’d love one,” Jamie smiled, adding, “water or juice or something would be great, ta. I’d rather not splinch myself on the way home.” He was known to splinch himself sober, too, but it was more of a lie than anything else. He didn’t want to tempt himself. He’d done well the other night, even if he had woken up with a pounding head because of how long it’d been. He didn’t want to tempt fate – not in the slightest.

Jamie found his eyes following her as she stretched up in vain to the cabinet and he nodded dutifully when she enlisted his help. He crossed the room, his feet passing over the tiles, and his hand unconsciously found the small of her back as he leaned up catching his fingers over the lip of the bowl. He pulled it down off of the shelf and dropped himself back onto the pads of his feet, bringing it to her so she could take it.

“There you go,” he murmured.

With James’ shout, Jamie felt his mind catch up with him and he pulled his hand away, giving her the bowl and turning away from the brunette. He reached up and closed the cupboard as an afterthought and exhaled through his nose as he realised what he’d done. She wasn’t familiar to him – in fact she was starkly unfamiliar. He supposed it was because she was a lady asking for his help that he’d been so tactile and really he knew that he was overreacting but it was his response which scared him. He’d not been that man in a long time. He’d not been comfortable around people – let alone women – in months.

“Take your time, mate!” He shouted back to James and then immediately wanted to smack himself for it because he felt as though that was implying something else entirely.

Jamie passed a wry smile in Anya’s direction, glad that she was a lot calmer about this than he was. Or maybe she’d missed it. Maybe she didn’t mind. Maybe it really was just being a panicky arse. It was probably that. Summoning some courage, Jamie chuckled a little. “I suppose it’s poetic justice in a way,” he uttered, adding, “probably not best to be so clumsy around dragons, though. Do you work with magical creatures as well, love?”

Love? A voice that sounded like Albus’ acerbic incredulity went off in the back of his head. Looks like the old James isn’t so lost on the new one after all. No, somethings never changed.
James S Potter
James S Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilyanya Faulkner Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:54 pm

The kitchen was large with granite counter tops and pine wood cabinets. The top cabinets stretched all the way to the ceiling. There was an island in the middle of the room that housed the stove which was a flat black surface. There was a black iron rack that hung over the island that had all the pots and pans dangling from hooks. There were plenty of cabinets in the kitchen but it didn't make it look crowded. Everything had a place and the counter tops had a few items on them but didn't make them look crowded. The kitchen was only divided from the living room by a breakfast bar.

Anya smiled when he said his preference in drinks. "I made some homemade banana orange pineapple fruit juice if you want some." She went to the fridge grabbing out a clear glass jug. The liquid was a yellow orange liquid that smelled like pineapple and banana. Putting it on the counter she went over to the cupboard pulling out a clear glass cup. Pouring some of the juice into the cup then putting the jug back. She placed the cup in front of him with a small smile, "Let me know how you like it." She said softly.

Anya swallowed softly watching him come over to where she was standing to grab the bowl she needed. When his hand touched her lower back, she felt like everything stopped. With him so close she could smell his cologne or whatever he was wearing. She thought he smelled amazing and he definitely was handsome in her eyes. Subconsciously she leaned into his hand that was placed on her back. When he held out the bowl to her, she took a hold of one side.

She looked up at his words and said softly, "Thank you."

Hearing her brother's voice caused her to jump and she quickly looked down. Again she began thanking her stars that she couldn't blush otherwise she would be bright as an apple. She didn't know what happened there but she felt like she could still feel his hand on her back. She moved to the the island putting the bowl on it then smiled softly at Jamie's words.

"Yeah I think so too," Anya said smiling a little more. "He's only a klutz when he's away from the dragons which I don't quite understand completely." Looking up at him when he asked her if she worked with magical creatures as well. "No, I'm a healer at Hogwarts. I'm not that great with magical creatures only dogs. Do you work with magical creatures? Or do you work somewhere else?" She asked shyly.

((OOC: The first paragraph is my dream kitchen XD))
Lilyanya Faulkner
Lilyanya Faulkner

Back to top Go down

Post by James S Potter Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:20 pm

“That sounds wonderful,” Jamie replied honestly, a smile lifting his lips. For a moment he looked just as his father had done thirty or more years before with flecks of Ginny Weasley that were unmissable. Had there been a Weasley there in that moment it’s likely their own smile would have fallen, or at least dulled a little, in reflection that in the man stood, gratefully accepting his glass of juice, there were two people who were taken from the wizarding world far too soon. Moreover, what he was a testament to was survival. Jamie himself had lived through extremes. It made the juice all the more worth it in that sense as it was a simple, uncomplicated pleasure.

As the sweetness burst upon his tongue, Jamie gave an involuntary moan. He swallowed quickly and chuckled, trying to laugh away the embarrassment that licked up his neck and onto his cheeks. “It tastes just as … wow.” His smile widened into an impish grin. “Did you really make this? It tastes like … have you ever had one of those jugs of really out-there juice that supermarkets sell in the summer? Like, their finest juice range or something and you get all of these unusual flavours?” You’re babbling, Jamie. “Anyway, yeah… it’s brilliant. Tastes just like that.”

“Hogwarts, huh?” Jamie asked, leaning against the counter again, taking another sip of the juice. "Do you like it there with Rookwood as headmaster?" He wasn't sure what the line was that he was meant to tow when it came to his profession. Was he meant to tell people? He couldn't even remember. So, why not say?

"I'm actually a Department of Mysteries worker ... scientist? I can't actually say what my job description is - not that I really know, mind. I like to say I'm an explorer, of a kind. I tend to work with funny objects ... the Hall of Prophecies gets a lot of my attention."

(OOC: I AM SO SORRY THIS TOOK SO LONG! I have no excuses, I just hope you'll forgive me.)
James S Potter
James S Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilyanya Faulkner Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:56 am

Lilyanya smiled softly when he moaned at the first taste of the juice. "Thank you, I try a variety of different things. I use James as my taste tester." She said shyly as she finished putting the food in the serving dishes. "Yes I did, it's my first try with banana. I have a deal with one of those one fruit vendors. I get my fresh produce from them in exchange for them helping me sell my juice. They get a percentage of the money from it which helps them a lot. I started it last year just for fun and it turns out a lot of people like it." She smiled more when he complimented her juice again. "Thank you, it's good to hear than from someone other than my brother."

"I've actually never really interacted with him aside from my interview but he seems nice." Anya said as she went to the fridge pulling out a large bowl with salad in it along with a few dressings. "Do you know him?" She asked putting the food on the table before going back to the couter. She lifted her own glass to drink and hearing James finally making his way towards them. 

She looked at him her eyes bright with curiosity at the mention of his job. "That sounds like fun, exploring the ministry and working with funny objects. Does it get overwhelming at all? Sorry I didn't mean to pry into your work life. I'm afraid I have an incurable sense of curiosity." She said biting on her lower lip softly her eyes looking down.

(OOC: Your fine, trust me sometimes I was like that as well. There's nothing to forgive because sometimes things just slip from your mind. -huggles-)
Lilyanya Faulkner
Lilyanya Faulkner

Back to top Go down

Post by James S Potter Sun May 03, 2015 12:01 am

“Well, if James ever bails on you then I’m definitely willing to volunteer,” Jamie replied with a grin. He lifted the glass up again and, as to prove his point, took another hearty swig, savouring the sweetness as it popped and crackled across his tongue. He licked his lips unconsciously and looked down at the glass, finding himself smiling at it, before looking up and over at Anya.

A year ago, what would’ve come out of Jamie’s mouth would have sounded something like ‘entrepreneurial and beautiful? You’ve got it all.’ He masked the half-choke of realisation with another sip of the juice and hesitantly set it down as a slightly strained look peeked at his features. He swallowed and inhaled a bracing breath, determined that he wasn’t going to come out with that of all things. Way to scream ‘bad news.’

“That’s brilliant,” he said in the end. “Believe me, it’s really lovely.”

He shrugged a shoulder at her question. He knew the Rookwood about as well as anyone did. Jamie had been a few years ahead of the Slytherin, though he’d been in Albus’ class group. He’d been much more familiar with the elder sisters that the new Headmaster had. He distinctly remember the immediate elder sister to Theodore, Adriana, whom he’d dated on the quiet for around six months or so. Naturally, it had slipped out and had become public knowledge. So it had ended interestingly.

“After a fashion,” he chuckled.

His brows rose and he smiled despite himself at her other question. “Oh, wow. No, no. You’re not prying. I suppose … I mean, it’s definitely easier than my old job. I was a professional Quidditch player at one time and um … that was pretty overwhelming for different reasons. At the Ministry I don’t think anyone really gets what we do in the Department of Mysteries so the only expectation you really get from your superiors is directly in the department itself. It’s not like with the Aurors and stuff. I find it oddly relaxing, I guess. I have a little puppy, though, so he’s a bit of a handful in terms of the overwhelming … work is definitely a retreat.”
James S Potter
James S Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilyanya Faulkner Tue May 05, 2015 6:31 am

"Well there's a new one i'm working on that he doesn't want to try. He's not a big fan of cherry so he backed out of it." Anya said then realized that she was asking him if he'll try it. When his licked his lips unconsciously she had to look away from his mouth. Shaking her head softly as if to clear it before taking a drink from her cup. 

"Thank you, I wasn't planning on it kinda of just happened." Anya said softly. "I'm not really good at things like that." 

Seeing his shrug she nodded understanding when James came around the corner. "Hey Jamie. Sorry to keep you waiting, bloody dragons are feisty today." James said with a wide smile as he walked over to Anya. Planting a kiss on her hair he grabbed a glass then some of the juice from the fridge. "So you ready to eat Jamie?" He asked as Anya took another drink from her cup. They both hoped that the fact she wasn't eating with them would be brought up. 

"Well at least it's easier for you, I can understand it would be overwhelming. I understand about your dog though, mine can be overwhelming at times as well. Except he's not a puppy anymore he's almost two now. " Anya said smiling at him softly.
Lilyanya Faulkner
Lilyanya Faulkner

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top