Looking for a way - Page 4
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Looking for a way - Page 4 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Looking for a way

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Looking for a way - Page 4 Empty Re: Looking for a way

Post by James Faulkner Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:19 pm

James smiled saying that she wouldn't mind teaching him. "Thank you Hadley." He said smiling softly at her. "I'm sure there's a lot of fascinating things in your world but I'm glad you'll teach me them."

James paid attention to the woman in front of him words as he continued to keep Hadley close to him. "Okay, I'll talk with my sister about it but more than likely she'll want to sit in on it. She'll want to know if they plan on changing the restrictions on her class just in case. I haven't heard anything but it's better to be safe than sorry." He said then nodded as the woman said she had to go. "I'll see you tomorrow," He watched the woman walk off when her name finally came to him. Shaking his head as he lead Hadley off towards a nice diner close by.

"The ministry is trying to keep muggles and wizards separate from each other. Which means all of you that have seen magic will have your minds wiped. Well they can't do it right now considering the fact that our magic is out of sorts right now. That's why you can see the things you have been," James said as he opened the door to the diner leading her in then finding a seat away from most people. It was a booth again and he gave a small chuckle. A passing waitress said hi to him as she passed by and he gave a greeting in return.

James took off his leather jacket to show a tan long sleeved shirt with a brown leather vest. The shirt was fitted to him for precaution due to the necessity of his job. He slid in one side as he looked around at everything in the restaurant.
James Faulkner
James Faulkner

Number of posts : 203

Back to top Go down

Post by Zara Halworth Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:46 pm

Hadley wasn't sure what to do with herself during the exchange between the brunette and James, but part of her felt a need to just say something. Before she could, however, it had ended, and it left her feeling oddly downtrodden. She wasn't usually someone who sat on the sidelines or kept quiet around strangers. After all, her new job required that she be comfortable with people she didn't know or understand. So she was slightly disappointed in herself, but decided not to comment on it and instead followed James into the diner as he explained.

Part of her was confused, because he had assured her that nobody would be allowed to take her memories from her, but the rational side of her knew that he was just trying to give her all of the information she needed. So Hadley decided to take the risk of sitting next to him again. In part, this was because she was oddly attracted to his protective nature, but equally because he had done so before, so it felt strange to sit on the other side. After all, it felt like it would cause a sort of rift, or a change from what they were used to.

Then again, she was only used to it because of her limited time with him. So perhaps that wasn't a valid answer. The only true excuse she had was the first part of her reason, and the fact that she felt comfortable doing so.

So she slid across the booth seat to settle next to him, glancing down at the menus that were waiting there on the table. When the waitress came over to ask about their drink requests, Hadley frowned at the look the woman sent James. Clearly, the brunette had noticed James's looks, and a possessive streak that she wasn't really allowed to feel flashed through Hadley before she could reject it. "I'll take a water," she cut in quickly, sending the other woman a disapproving glance. Hadley probably would've ordered something with a bit of alcohol in it, if only to help her take everything in, but she wanted the woman to leave.

Luckily for her, the waitress seemed to understand and stood up straighter, waiting for James to place his order before she went to pour up their drinks. Turning towards the man next to her, Hadley found that she wasn't quite sure what to say. So she gave an embarrassed little smile. "So," she began, "is there anything you have questions about? I'm not really sure what to ask, personally."
Zara Halworth
Zara Halworth
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 271

Back to top Go down

Post by James Faulkner Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:37 pm

James smiled when she slid in beside him then grinned more when she was clearly not impressed with their waitress. Keeping a straight face he ordered a water then waited until the waitress walked away to bring it up to Hadley. He was grinning when he looked at her with curious eyes. "So what's with the glaring daggers at the waitress?" He asked still grinning widely. When the waitress came back he got a huge idea pop in his head. The woman smiled at him and he said with a straight face. "Miss I'm sorry but my fiance doesn't like that your ogling me. So we would politely like a different waitress because it's making me uncomfortable and my fiance isn't okay with it."

The waitress nodded and walked away quickly her face bright red in embarrassment.

James turned his attention back to her putting his arm across the back of the booth. "I have a lot of questions but I don't know what to ask first. I do know some of the questions having nothing to do with other non magic folk." He turned his body slightly so that he could look at her without getting a kink in his neck. He saw another waitress coming towards them from the corner of his eye with a new set of looks in her eyes directed at him. None of the looks were friendly or even close to flirtatious. Looking at Hadley he said with a small smile, "Don't hurt me too bad for what I'm gonna do next." Before the woman reached the table he put his hand on the side of Hadley's face. Hesitating only for a second before he kissed her lips. The second his lips touched hers he felt like a lighting bolt went straight through him and into his heart. He rubbed his thumb across her cheek before he pulled back from the kiss. Looking over at the new waitress who's mouth was open in shock. "Can you give us a few minutes?" he asked then smiled seeing her nod. Looking at Hadley he said, "I'm sorry I should have done that." He thought for a moment before speaking again. "Actually if I'm gonna be honest, I'm not sorry for kissing you. If I was given the choice I'd do it again." He gave her a shy smile as he took his hand away from her face.
James Faulkner
James Faulkner

Back to top Go down

Post by Zara Halworth Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:54 am

Hadley's cheeks burned and she dropped her gaze to her hands, unsure what to say in response his question. She didn't have a good excuse, and she knew that he probably was aware of this as well. "I- I didn't think you would notice," she admitted finally, wide eyes meeting his.

When the waitress came in and interrupted them, however, she couldn't help the fact that her jaw fell open after hearing James's words. Confusion riddled her expression, her eyebrows drawing together even before he had finished speaking. If the waitress noticed, she sure didn't say anything about it. What in the world had Hadley gotten herself into? She was bemused, of course, but she was also incredibly embarrassed. Immediately, she sat on her hand so there wouldn't be a question of whether or not she was wearing an engagement ring.

It felt like something she would have done in high school, or even in college. The pretending to be something else, the joking around as though she wasn't actually working while she was with him. Then again, she didn't really want to get James involved in her assignment, and the last thing she wanted was to be pulled into some sort of trouble with the people in his life, either. So when he replied, she wasn't sure exactly what he meant. If the questions weren't about Muggles, what were they about?

Hadley didn't have time to ask, because the next thing she knew, her eyes had closed and one of her hands had lifted so she could curl her fingers around his forearm. This, she decided, was not half bad. It didn't take any thought for her to decide to kiss him back, and when he pulled away, she couldn't remember why he had done it. But then James spoke to the new waitress and Hadley dropped her gaze to the booth seat. Some sort of cover or something, she mused. That's all he had meant it as, wasn't it? She couldn't tell, and she didn't want to assume.

But he sent the waitress away again, so Hadley peeked up at him from beneath her hair. "I- I mean," she started, unsure what to do when he said that he shouldn't have done it. But James interrupted her and she gasped, staring at him, her expression shy yet hopeful.

To be honest, she had a moment of nervousness regarding how different they were. But then there came the realization that, despite their differences, she didn't really know that she cared. If, in the end, it went awry, then she would just have to accept it and move on. There was nothing else for it. So instead of replying, Hadley bit her lip for a moment before lifting a hand to James's neck.

"I can't say I minded," she murmured, smirking slightly, before catching his lips with hers.
Zara Halworth
Zara Halworth
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Faulkner Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:47 am

James smiled as he saw Hadley look down at her hands, he took one of them. "I notice everything around me but recently I've noticed you more than anything else." Looking down at their hands he rubbed his thumb across the back of hers softly. He smiled and let her have her hand back.

He turned saw Hadley's jaw drop at his words and her sit on her hands so as to hide them. "The questions I have is mainly my way of getting to know you better. I wanna know what your like and what you love. I just want to know you," he said looking at her with a small smile. "I wanna know everything about you Hadley." He said reaching up and lifting her chin so that he could look at her.

Hearing her stammer after kissing her he smiled softly. Hearing her gasp made him wanna just grab her and kiss her again. He waited to say anything but he saw her bite her lower lip and his eyes immediately went to them. He wanted to close his eyes at the contact of her hand on her neck.

Hearing her words made him smile just before her lips reached his. He put a hand on her lower back and he pulled her closer to him deepening the kiss. His other hand was on the back of her neck softly. Breaking the kiss he took in a deep breath, "you are so amazing Hadley." He said kissing her again as his other hand went to her back as well. His heart was like a jack hammer in his chest but he didn't care.
James Faulkner
James Faulkner

Back to top Go down

Post by Zara Halworth Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:29 am

She nearly felt like reminding James that he had only known her for a few hours, and thus it made perfect sense that he would notice her more than other things. Didn't you always notice new people a bit more just because they were new? More than that, even she was practically foreign, considering she wasn't from his world, so she wasn't really allowed to be surprised by what he said, was she? What made her pulse race was definitely more to do with the way he said it - as though he wouldn't have noticed anyone else regardless.

His apparent interest in her was flattering to say the least, but she wasn't exactly sure what to say in return. He seemed so genuine and as though all he wanted, really, was to be honest with her. If her cheeks possibly could have, they likely would've gotten even more red with her almost shy bemusement.

It didn't register, at first, that the pair of them were in a public restaurant. Regardless of the fact that they had their own booth, it didn't make them cut off from the eyes of those around them - particularly of the waitresses who had been so harshly sent away. Not that Hadley had it in her to complain about it, now, of course. She was massively pleased with their new situation, and although she had allowed this much more quickly than she would have with someone else, there was something about him. A sudden thought hit her, and Hadley pulled back to look at him.

Her arms had been curled around his neck (as best as they could, considering she was sitting next to him and all), but she let them relax until her fingers were toying with the hair at the nape of his neck. "I just realized," she began, attempting to explain her seemingly out-of-nowhere decision to lean away, "that we might never have met. Did you think about that?" Hadley asked earnestly, her gaze searching his face. "I mean, if this weird stuff with your magic hadn't started happening, I would never have noticed and we wouldn't be here right now."

A wave of anxiety washed over her as she came to the conclusion that, despite how rapidly they had come together and become whatever they were now, his Ministry had the power to take it all away from her. One hand left his neck, sliding down to his chest as she glanced away and tried to push the thought out of her mind. She could have her memory wiped and there was nothing she could do about it. Hadley's eyebrows pulled together and, in that same instant, a crash sounded from beside her. Her water glass had collided with the floor, seemingly of its own volition. Her eyes flicked to James's and she frowned.

"What did you do that for?"

(ooc: if you looked at the new Prophet article, Muggles have started being able to make little spells happen, so :3 Also, and I'm getting ahead of myself a little bit, but there's a new housing area for Muggles so maybe there's a follow-up thread after a bit where James visits her there while she's trying to learn spells?)
Zara Halworth
Zara Halworth
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Faulkner Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:28 am

James felt like he was in heaven since Hadley walked into his life. He didn't know what it was about her but he was relieved to know that she was real. He had been so immersed in his work that he never noticed anyone outside it. That all changed when he met Hadley, his view immediately changed the second he saw her. He no longer was buried in his work and he could actually see what he was missing. He was finally able to break free of his work ethic and want to grab a hold of everything.

When she pulled away and began toying with his hair he knew something was up. He listened to her speak and knew what she needed. "Fate has a weird way of throwing people together Hadley. Before I met you, I was a workaholic. I rarely did anything outside work unless it involved my family. I was slowly becoming a part of my work, I literally had stayed a week at work because one of the dragons got injured." James said keeping on hand at her waist the other he touched her face. "Even if magic didn't screw up and everything, I still would have found you somehow. Magic may be grand and all but I put my trust in fate. It has a way of surprising us and no amount of magic can change that fact. I don't want to be any farther from you than I am right now. I'm glad magic messed up and lead me to you. You saved me Hadley, saved me from myself. Without you I would have become a sad and lonely man who only had Dragons to keep him company. That's no life to live especially when someone like you wasn't in it. I don't care why everything happened but I'm so glad that it did."

James watched a wave of emotion cross her face but what caught his eye was her glass. He watched it move across the table and smash to the floor. His eyes were wide as he tried to work through what just happened. Looking at her when she asked why he did it he shook his head. "I didn't do that Hadley, you did." He said softly as he looked towards where the glass fell off the table. "You moved it with magic." Then it hit him like a ton of bricks as he pieced it all together. "Hadley your doing magic," He whispered as he looked around as the waitress for the table walked over. "Sorry miss, my fiance just got startled by her phone. I'll clean it up if you want me to," James said as the waitress waved her hand in a don't worry about it gesture. Two minutes and it was cleaned up the woman asked if they needed more time to order but James ordered them something from the menu, the woman walked away and he looked at Hadley. "We'll eat then I'm taking you to my house so we can figure out how you did that. It was amazing that it happened. I know it must be weird for you but still it's incredible." He said softly.
James Faulkner
James Faulkner

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum