Vacation to Tuscany - Page 3
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Vacation to Tuscany  - Page 3 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Vacation to Tuscany

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Vacation to Tuscany  - Page 3 Empty Re: Vacation to Tuscany

Post by Isobella Donohue Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:46 am

"That's fine, I can work with whoever is able. At least I know I'll get the training that I will need to protect Rose and I." Bella said as she sat back down at the table one of her legs curled underneath her. "I just hope that I don't disappoint anyone with my lack of knowledge."

"Yes leather is strong but I'm more concerned about the denim of the pants." Bella said as she began thinking about all the things she could do to make sure that it didn't seem stiff. "I might have to have get you a pair of jeans to break in so before I can get the leather to work with it."

Seeing her daughter slide the bracelet on his wrist made her smile. At the mention of cake Rose was bouncing up and down in excitement. "I'll get some small plates for it," Bella said smiling at her daughters excitement. She got up and retrieved three small plates then got out a serving knife for the cake. She then grabbed forks for the plates as well as napkins. "I'm kinda bad at cutting cakes so it might be best if you do it." She said laughing softly at herself.
Isobella Donohue
Isobella Donohue
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 1076

Back to top Go down

Post by Angus Donohue Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:01 am

"Its just like clockwork," he said to her, picking up the serrated knife. Her kitchen was well equipped, and that helped. "This one needs to be sliced a bit thinly because its got so many layers and is so tall. Like this."

He showed her how to cut the cake in quarters first and then make crosscuts like the face of a clock to make 12 slim slices.

"Cutting is not the tough part," he laughed. "Its getting the first slice out without it falling apart. That's always the tricky bit. If I screw that one up, I save it back for myself because the rest will look nicer."

He slid the first slice out and managed to get it out but didn't trust it would stay upright. Besides, what two year old could manage an eight layer cake upright anyway? He laid the slice on its side. He served it to Rose and served the second slice to Bella and the third to himself.

"Italian creme cake is pretty traditional in my family," he said. "Chocolate cream cake, not necessarily so. Or at least not this version of it. This is sort of an adlib. I hope its good. Go ahead and tell me what you think."
Angus Donohue
Angus Donohue
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 391
Special Abilities : Ecological Empath

Back to top Go down

Post by Isobella Donohue Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:57 pm

Bella nodded at his words as she watched him cut it in the exact look of a clock. "That seems like a good idea to have them cut thinly." She said watching him cut the cake and then serve it.

"How many slices have you messed up before?" Bella asked as she saw Rose sitting patiently in her seat. Rose then picked up a napkin from the table tucking it into her shirt so it wouldn't get dirty. Bella laughed softly as she walked over to help her daughter.

Rose's face lit up when she got her slice of cake but waited until everyone else had theirs. She started as soon as Angus had his and began eating it with enthusiasm. Bella laughed at her daughters demolition of the cake. Taking a bite from the cake and immediately fell in love with the cake. "It's delicious Angus," Bella said as she took another bite of it. "I think I could get used to your cooking a lot more now." She laughed softly at that as she looked over at Rose then at Angus.

"Ggie, it tastes good." Rose said smiling at him chocolate all over her face. She finished her cake then took another napkin from the table to wipe her face. "Mommy when we leave?" Her voice was filled with excitement and joy.

"Soon sweetheart, why don't you go wash the rest of the chocolate from your face. Then go grab you luggage from your room ok?" Bella said smiling softly at her daughter. Seeing Rose run from the room she smiled, "I think Rose is attached to you." She got up after she finished her own cake. Taking Rose's plate to the sink, she flicked her wand to help get the dishes done faster so she could clean the table after Angus was done.
Isobella Donohue
Isobella Donohue
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Angus Donohue Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:33 am

At her question, he flashed her a smile. "More than you can possible imagine," he replied.  "The first slices fall over, split apart, make a mess,...it goes on and on.  Some pastry chefs cut certain cakes with a wire because they get a straight, thin cut.  I don't want to have wire cutters in a kitchen where little kids might find them."

He saw Rose with chocolate all over her face, but the cake was gone.  "I'm glad you liked it," he told her.  At her mother's bidding, Rose went to wash up and get her little bag.  

"She's an easy child to like," he answered Bella.  "She's very well behaved for her age, and she's smart.  I'll put the cake away. It freezes well.  I'll store it for you in your freezer so you and Rose can enjoy it a slice at a time when you get back.  Why don't you go ahead and get your bag?  I'll finish up in here."

The truth was he wanted to check the doors and windows, just to be sure the house was secure when they left. And, although he had checked to be sure he wasn't followed, he still didn't want to leave with any chance that the werewolves might not see him emerge from Bella's apartment.
Angus Donohue
Angus Donohue
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Isobella Donohue Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:20 am

Bella laughed softly at his words, "Well it seems like it's a hassle. Though at the same time it tastes so wonderful, I think your going to have to teach me a few tricks when it come to desserts." She said as she cleaned up the table then checked the floor for any mess. Then made sure that all the clean dishes were dried and put in their places.

"Yeah," She said as she put the center piece back on the table. "I'm happy that she's the way she is, I'm lucky though sometimes she can be a little troublesome. That only happens when she's sick or fighting going to bed sometimes at night." She smiled when he said he'd finish up and put the cake away. "Thank you Angus," She said touching his shoulder softly as she walked away towards her room. She grabbed her bag then set it back down as she checked her window to make sure that it was locked.

Bella looked around her room once more as she picked up her bag then headed to Rose's room. She saw Rose grabbing her favorite blanket and stuffed animal then smile at her. Smiling back at her daughter she walked into the room picking up her bag. They walked out of Rose's room together then walked back out to the living room.

Bella grabbed her jacket along with Rose's, she looked for some regular shoes instead of boots. "We're ready when you are Angus." She said looking over at him with a smile on her face. "I really appreciate you letting us stay at your family's estate. It's really kind of you," She put Rose's coat on zipping it up making sure it was covering everything.
Isobella Donohue
Isobella Donohue
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Angus Donohue Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:49 am

Angus packaged the rest of the cake in the freezer--two slices in a package so that Bella and Rose would have dessert whenever they wanted without a lot of fuss. Then he cast a spell on the rest of the dishes to finish up the clean up. 

He checked the back door and made sure it was secure. He checked a couple of the windows and found that the protection spell met his expectation.  He didn't expect Blood to target Bella, but since he'd found Blood in the neighborhood, probably by coincidence, he didn't want to take a chance that Blood would want to try either.

He was just finishing when Bella and Rose were ready to go.  

"Its no trouble," he said. "We'll go to the Lupin estate tonight and then on to Tuscany in the morning."  He picked up Rose and handed her to Bella. He would need a free hand for porting.  He picked up their bags with one hand.  

"Hand around my waist, please," he told her, getting out an old brass key from his pocket, his portkey to the Lupin estate.  "It can get breezy porting at night this time of year.  Hold tight."  He didn't know if Rose had ever ported before, but Khaat's kids were used to it.  If not, well, it wouldn't be the first time he'd been hurled on by a little one.
Angus Donohue
Angus Donohue
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Isobella Donohue Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:04 am

"Rose will love that, what time will we be leaving tomorrow? It's just so I know what time to have ourselves ready before leaving." Bella said with a smile as she looked at him. Then she took Rose from him adjusting her slightly so she had a good grip on her. She saw him pick up their bags with ease and made a small face. "Sorry I know my bag is rather heavy, I wanted to make sure I had all of the essentials for Rose and myself." Bella said feeling guilty about how heavy the case was.

She slipped an arm around his waist holding onto him tightly as Rose gave a small yawn as she laid it on Bella's shoulder. Being this close to Angus made her feel even more shorter. She gave a small smile about her thought that popped into her head. "We are ready whenever you are Angus." Bella said giving him a smile. "Oh okay, Rose sweetie hold tight to me okay?" she spoke to Rose as she gripped more onto Angus' waist so she wouldn't get blown away. "If I'm gripping you too tight please let me know." She said to him as Rose tightened enough so she wouldn't fall off.
Isobella Donohue
Isobella Donohue
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Angus Donohue Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:27 am

"Your bag is fine," he reassured her.  "Not a problem." He felt her wrap her arm around his waist.  He locked his arm around her too, having no intention of dropping her. "Its not too tight, Bella. It's just right. Lets me know you're still there. Don't let go til we land."

He activated the key and ported them through the night.  He was used to the route, and used to the timing on the trip. He knew exactly when to land. The key took them faithfully into the center of the living room in the Lupin's large log mansion.

He was used to the enormous log home, with its American Southwest decor, and he tried not to forget that for others it could look intimidating. It did look a little warmer tonight.  There was a fire in the river rock fireplace, and the stained glass lamps cast a warm glow into the room.  Angus had always thought that the bright colors in the Native American rugs and blankets and artwork made the home casual and comfortable, no matter how large it was. It was a place that most people felt comfortable to just kick off their shoes and be comfortable in.

"This is it.  Home.  Or rather, Khaat's place.  You'll be safe here," he said, letting go of her waist. "Take a minute and take your coats off and get warm by the fire. I'll send the house elves to get your rooms ready.  How about some hot spiced cider for you and Rose to ward off the chill from porting?"
Angus Donohue
Angus Donohue
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Isobella Donohue Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:52 am

"Okay," Bella said softly at his response about her bag. She felt his arm lock around her waist as Rose lifted her head to look at Angus with a sleepy grin. She then put her head back down as Bella made sure her footing wasn't going to trip Angus if they maybe stumbled. "Well as long as I'm not squeezing you," She said with a small smile as she took a quick look about the room. "I won't let go," She said as she closed her eyes in anticipation of the port. It had been a while since she'd used a portkey so she waited for the sensation of being ported out.

Opening her eyes when their feet landed on the floor of the house. She looked around and was stunned at the beauty of the room. She didn't realize that her arm was still locked around his waist as she looked around the room. "It's beautiful in here," Bella said then remembered she was still holding onto him. "Oh I'm sorry Angus." She loosened her grip a faint blush crawling up her cheeks. She went to put Rose down when she realized that she had fallen asleep during the port there.

"Well it's a beautiful place, I love all of the colors. Thank you Angus for everything, I really do appreciate it." She said then walked further into the room when Angus let go of her waist. "I'll have some spiced cider, Rose is passed out cold on my shoulder though." She went to one of the armchairs in the room setting Rose down in it. She carefully undid her daughters coat then slipped off her shoes. Bella then began undoing her coat to set it with Rose's across her arm. She placed them on the second armchair neatly as she walked around the living room. She took in the colors as well as the stained glass, she smiled thinking that it would be wonderful to see in the light.
Isobella Donohue
Isobella Donohue
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Angus Donohue Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:17 am

"Brian is a big collector of Native American art.  I don't know if I'll ever understand what he was thinking making this big house when he was a bachelor and wasn't even thinking about family.  All he used it for was a place to display his art collection.  And now, well, its for a huge family.  I'll be right back," he said.  

He left to the kitchen, hung up his black leather coat and his hat, poured Bella a large stoneware mug of the hot spiced cider that was kept hot in a kettle on the stove.   He added the manditory cinnamon stick and took it to Bella.

"Here," he said, "This should take off the chill from winter porting. And you're right. She's really out." He glanced at the clock.  "Robert should be soon finishing the bedtime stories.  Why don't you let me take Rose upstairs and put her in the nursery with the other children? There's a bed next to Julia's.  If Rose wakes, she'll see Julia first thing.  And, there's always either a house elf or a nanny in the nursery all night, so the kids are never alone. If its alright, I'll take her upstairs and tuck her into bed while you just enjoy your cider.  Your room will be just across the hall, so you can check into her whenever you like."

Marcus came downstairs and saw Angus there with Rose and Bella.  "Guests?" Marcus asked.

"Just for the night.  We're going to my grandfather's in the morning," Angus said.  

"I thought you were out..."  Marcus began, frowning slightly.

"I was," he said. "I...felt they were better off if we spent the night here."

"I see," Marcus said, able to take Angus's hint. James was hunting.  Angus had seen him, and he evidently had been close enough to Bella's apartment that Angus wanted her moved quickly.

"I'll send a message to the guards out on the grounds," Marcus said.  "Just to be on the safe side, but Robert and Edward went over the protection grid earlier this evening, and it was fine."  Marcus looked at Bella. "There isn't a safer place to be in England than right here," he told her.  "This estate is tighter than a fortress.  James has been to the grounds, but the house? Its never been penetrated. He can't get in.  There's a full detail of bodyguards on guard around he clock, so, no--I don't know of a safer place in all of England."
Angus Donohue
Angus Donohue
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top