Two Questions...?
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Two Questions...? Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Two Questions...?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Two Questions...? Empty Two Questions...?

Post by Kiralie Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:47 pm

I'm not sure if they go here or not, as I joined about five minutes ago, so let me know if I should hae posted elsewhere!

1. Graduates VS Students. I've read the rules' advice on what to go with, but I like a wide variety of people to roleplay with along with a wide variety of places to roleplay AT. The rules say students are more plentiful, yet from the bottom of the home page it seems to be the opposite. What do you all recommend?

2. Will I be able to change the name of this account? Also, do names have to be the name of the character, and how many characters per account? It was a bit vague from what I read.

Thank you!
Kiralie
Kiralie

Number of posts : 3

Back to top Go down

Two Questions...? Empty Re: Two Questions...?

Post by Emily Night Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:02 pm

Welcome to site!

1. There is a lots of Graduates and Students too. You will find something to with both of them. Basically we are currently need of first to fifth students, mostly slyth & huff but you can make other house too.
I could offer many students with who you charrie could become friend. Same goes for Adult too.
Basically they both have lot's of places where to thread!
So I'm really not sure who to recommend exactly.
I'd say do who you can play more easily first.

2. Yes you can change the name. That navbar where is index etc ... there is link called profile. click on it and there is place called Username: just change it.
Oh and you can have just one character per account. For every new character you need to do new account.
Emily Night
Emily Night

Number of posts : 111

Back to top Go down

Post by Everly Bardugo Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:18 pm

Hi, Kira! I'm Addie, one of the Admins here. Smile

Everything Krissu said is right. More graduates have been online recently because of an event going on at the Ministry, but we definitely have things for students to do. If you have any other questions, you're more than welcome to send me a PM Smile
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 2817

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiralie Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:26 pm

Thank you! That helped a bunch!

I was wondering, though, about the subject of histories and serious/darker themes. I just need to know where the line is between okay and otherwise, as I don't want to accidentally overstep and cause trouble. Just very basic perimeters is all, thank you again!
Kiralie
Kiralie

Back to top Go down

Post by Everly Bardugo Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:58 pm

If you have an idea specifically, you can definitely send it my way and I can give you some suggestions. Usually we don't go for the overly... well, gory things, I suppose is the best way to phrase it. We don't allow for mental illness or abuse, because it could be part of the lives of some of the members, and we want them to be free of that when they come to PA, you know?

But definitely feel free to message me before you post your app if you're not sure, because it could save you from re-writing your app later if it's a bit much. Smile
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 2817

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiralie Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:02 pm

Alright, I can see why you wouldn't allow it. If I have any questionable ideas, I'll make sure to PM you about them.

Thank you both for your help, and I look forward to roleplaying with both of you!
Kiralie
Kiralie

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top