Something of Note
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Something of Note Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Something of Note

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Something of Note Empty Something of Note

Post by Katherine Avery Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:17 am

Hogsmeade weekends were not a lot of fun for those without anyone to spend their time with. Because of this, Katherine found herself ambling about on her own while the other students bounced around in their groups, running between stores and giggling among themselves. Especially the fourth years, who were out for the first time with the school. It was absurd, in Kit's opinion, to run about and make such noise when the day could well be spent relaxing and just enjoying the weather.

The previous December had marked an epoch in Katherine's life - one of depression, gradual acceptance, and later an even more painful trip back into the depths of despair. Now she had little interest in trivial matters, more invested in things that really made a difference to her. Things that really mattered.

In her fingers, Katherine held tight to her latest book, having reached for once towards a novel rather than a textbook. Perhaps it was the fact that the weekend was meant to be one of fun, rather than studying. Or maybe it was that she had just finished her first round of exams. Either way, Kit was somehow thrilled to go back to basics and read through something simple. Something silly, that would allow her to take some time for the easier side of life instead of the painful things, of which there seemed to be so many.

That said, Kit had foolishly decided to open the book to her marked page, and was paying precious little attention to where she was actually going. It was as she turned the page, starting a new chapter in the story of her wonderfully pathetic heroine, that she ran right into a blonde woman who had been walking in the opposite direction. All she could think as she dropped the book was to remember that she had started chapter ten, thus wouldn't have to keep track of a page number.

"Sorry," she blurted, cheeks tinging red as she reached down to pick up the book. Standing up straight once more, she looked at the older woman, Katherine added, "I really should have sat down before I started reading. I wasn't thinking."
Katherine Avery
Katherine Avery
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 190

Back to top Go down

Something of Note Empty Re: Something of Note

Post by Elizabeth Blackburn Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:44 pm

The day couldn't start better for Elizabeth.
For the first time in long time she woke up satisfied, with bright smile. She knew the day will be special. Morning was beautiful. She made herself breakfast, she made new arrangement in her house, she even said hi to the neighbours.
Truth, she was a little scared for her health so she skipped her work. It wasn't like anyone will notice that the shop was closed.
Sitting in the living room and doing nothing choked her so she decided to go somewhere. Far away, anywhere, just far enough.
Suddenly, the place popped in her head. The place she loved so much but at the same time hated the most.
Hogsmeade.

When Elizabeth was on Hogwarts, there were three things she hated the most. Happy students, especially those from first and second year; doing what others told her to do; Hogsmeade weekends.
She hated all of joy and screams, she felt like idiot surrounded by bunch of bigger idiots. She hated that kind of a crowd, she hated happy children who were going crazy over some stupid chocolate or better yet, she hated those girls who were whispering sweet words, admiring some love potions and other nonsense.
It was only later, after graduation, she found the real beauty of the place. It was peaceful, quiet, empty. She loved it. Like it was resting, sleeping, preparing for another weekend, for all those happy faces. It was beautiful, at least to her it was.

She hoped this wasn't one of those weekends. She hoped Hogsmeade will be the place she loves. Unfortunately, she never had good luck. When she came she saw everything she was running from. Crowd. Screams. Laugh. All she could do was cry out loud.She was standing in the place for a moment, thinking about leaving but she was here now. She sighed and started walking, absently looking around, trying to avoid kids but there were too many of them.

Time was passing too slow, at least Elizabeth thought so. However, what happened next happened too fast. She raised her gaze just in time to see blonde girl bumping right into her, but she had no time to move from her path. For a second she was confused, watching a girl who started talking a bit fast. First reaction was screaming but she was still in the good mood. Instead of reproach she smiled a bit.
"Yeah, that would be wise. You could hurt yourself you know?" her gaze fell down on the cover of the book. Title made her smile brightly as she remembered her teenage days. "Oh I know that book! It couldn't be more pathetic, but I loved it!"
Elizabeth Blackburn

Number of posts : 55

Back to top Go down

Post by Katherine Avery Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:32 pm

Katherine looked up in surprise, finding an older woman with hair nearly the same tone of blonde that hers was. Lifting her eyebrows, she directed her gaze at the book again as the stranger directed her words at the bound pages in question. It wasn't even that Kit was surprised at seeing someone she didn't know - that seemed to happen a lot, now. That, or she had simply forgotten some of the people she hadn't known as well, after her time away. A small smile grew as she realized what the other blonde was saying.

"Yes, it's rather brilliant," Katherine agreed quietly, not quite used to speaking in a voice much louder than that. Once she had been diagnosed - incorrectly, of course - her understanding of how she was supposed to act had been lost. "A bit ridiculous, of course, but fun to read."

She held the book closer to her so she wouldn't let her hands fidget, Kit lifted her shoulders in a gentle shrug. "It's better than school work, sometimes. But, um... I'm sorry again that I ran into you." Katherine held her hand out, supposing that if she hurt someone, she might at least do well to offer her name. "Katherine Avery. Most people just call me Kit."

She nearly offered her brothers names, but didn't think that the woman would have known them - after all, it was wrong to assume someone's age, and her brothers weren't that much older than her. If she was younger than Kit thought, perhaps she would mention them and she would know for sure. If not, maybe it wouldn't matter and the woman wouldn't have heard of her family. Belatedly, she registered the fact that her family was often associated with Death Eaters. Pursing her lips, she couldn't help but wonder if she should have kept that part to herself.
Katherine Avery
Katherine Avery
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 190

Back to top Go down

Post by Elizabeth Blackburn Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:35 pm

"Oh it's definitely better than everything they learn you in that school. At least it was like that in my time." she stopped for a moment, thinking about that last sentence. She sounded like she lived long, happy life and that thought made her laugh. Nor she lived happily, nor she has eighty years. Guess this place has strange influence on her.

Elizabeth blinked few times when she heard the name, like something fell into her eyes. She tilted her head, looking the girl more interested. She do remember pictures she once saw, pictures of her grandmother's family. There was a girl named Katherine Avery, but it was ages ago, she could never recognized her by the look. But ages and name were right. Funny how she knows a lot about others but nothing about her own family relations.
"Oh my Lord. The circumstance is strange but feels really nice meeting you, cousin. I'm Elizabeth Blackburn, feel free to call me Beth. I'm not sure if you know me, but we're related through Oriane Avery." Elizabeth accepted Kit's arm, biting her lip and trying not to roll her eyes. The fact was she was bossy and cold with everyone, she hates shaking hands or being touched at all.
As much as Elizabeth hated strangers, there was something in tradition that intrigued her. She was raised to respect her family, especially the ones who were Death Eaters. However she never did, well until she become mother. At the end, she learned that her grandfather was right - family was power. But, she still wasn't ready to accept all those people. One day maybe she will. But, maybe it's time to start connecting with ones she doesn't know yet. How hard can be connecting with teenager?
There was something familiar in Katherine. Maybe the way she speaks, or the way she stand or walk. Or was it the way she moved her arms? Maybe it was just Elizabeth's imagination that made all those similarities, maybe it was just her way of connecting.

Elizabeth Blackburn

Number of posts : 55

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum