A hard days work - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A hard days work - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A hard days work

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A hard days work - Page 2 Empty Re: A hard days work

Post by Daniel Grayson Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:56 pm

Daniel watched as she carefully inspect the glass, he saw that she didn't tamper with the evidence by placing her grubby hands on the glass. He was impressed, although, he really shouldn't say that. He was knew to the workforce, but he like to think he had a little more experience than your average trainee's. His supervisor even told him himself. He was quick and smarter, when he was solving crime while other were still fumbling. "Perry! I told you not to touch anything. Just sit there and look pretty!" said his supervisor. "Sorry boss," replied Perry who was sweating like a pig. Meanwhile, Daniel was working away through his paperworks. The supervisor clasped him on the shoulder. "How you doing m'lad?" he asked   , peering over his shoulder. "So far I've worked out that Brendan Huntington is responsible for the murder of Katie Bayne. I'm arresting him first thing tonight," he said with a beam on his face. "Your gonna go far kid," replied Brian his supervisor. He turned to the rest of the room and before Daniel could protest. "You hear that people? You should all learn from Danny here, he's just about to arrest somebody and he's just be here for a week," his supervisor said on top of his voice. Daniel slapped himself silly on the forehead. "Why do you have to do that?" he asked in a whisper, pulling him down. "Why not kid?" the man asked. "Because now I look like an idiot because of you," he hissed. "Oh piss poss! You worry too much," Brain waved it off. Daniel rolled his eyes at him and sighed. "Anyhoo! I best get back to work," Brian turned to the room once again. "MOVE IT CHUM!" he hurried the class and with that he left leaving Daniel to deal with the death glares of his fellow workmate. He chuckled nervously and waved at them then went back to focus on work.

Snapping back into reality, he turned to Aria and couldn't help but let a small chuckle escape his lips. "No surprises there, thats okay. I couldn't find anything myself," he assured, slightly disappointed but he didn't blame her. His, well their murderer really didn't want to get caught. He shrugged his shoulders. "Well I'm sure with you and I together. We'll solve something. I look forward to working with you," he said, truthfully as a grin stretched on his face.

The bartender returned with his food, hot and steamy just the way he liked it. He cut himself a piece, dipping it in the sauce and took a bite of his chicken. he chuckled a bit when she said she was nervous. "I don't blame you!" he exclaimed. "I was excited on my first day," he said chewing on his meal. "Welcome aboard by the way," he gave her a warm smile.
Daniel Grayson
Daniel Grayson
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 71

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Haywood Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:40 pm

Aria did sit there quietly now. She really wasn't sure what to say now to here. She just thought there how they could find that culprit now but she didn't really had any good ideas right now. Just if they had any clues who he might be then it would be lot easier. She knew that soon their figure something out for sure.

She smiled when she heard what he said now. "Yeah we'll solve this for sure at the end and I'm look forward working with you too," she said then back with smile. She usually yeah was very smiley person. So yeah you can see her smile a lot.

When Daniel's food came then she thought for a second she could have ordered something too but she did eat like a hour ago so now she didn't really want to eat but that look delicious. "Oh good to know, I guess everyone are," she said. "Oh and thanks," she then added with smile.
Aria Haywood

Number of posts : 239

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Grayson Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:21 pm

Chewing his food quietly, Daniel used this time to gather his thoughts. Even when he was eating, he was thinking about work. It was a curse but also a blessing. A curse because it was annoying when he was trying to relax. A blessing because he was constantly working out his mind, thinking of possible way to track down this killer, thinking how to go about this case. He began to wonder this killer motive to kill Peter Borden, was he in a cult? somebody who hated his gut? Perhaps he was in debt. Question that he would need to ask his family. The victims family of course, he hated to be asking them question while they were still grieving but he didn't care he needed to answer these questions if he ever was to find this heartless killer.

He pulled out his notes again, opening the portrait of the culprit and laid it across the table. So far they have a roughly drawn picture of the culprit and some notes which proved useless at this moment. Like Aria said, right now he had nothing, no lead. He even searched the premises for any sign of the murderer, a strand of hair, saliva, dirt, a piece of fabric. Nothing, the killer had obviously thought this through bits by bits. He slammed the table with his fist and cursed under his breath. One thing he hated when he was investigating was when criminals was smart about their wrong doings. He enjoyed the challenge though, but it was also annoying.

The door opened, in the corner of his eyes he saw two mysterious guys dressed in black walk into the pub and sat down by the window. He sat very still, slowly chewing his parmigiana. It was best to continue like everything was normal to avoid letting them know that you are expecting them. It was the first thing he was taught as an Auror, as a fighter of the dark art. The element of surprise was on his hand. "Whatever you do. Don't. Look. Back," he said through gritted teeth, pointing at something on his notepad to show that he didn't know that he was there. "Behind you there are two guys, when I say the word I need you be ready to defend yourself. I am relying on you to protect yourself," he took another bite of his chicken. He didn't know why he was worried, she was an Auror for christ sake! She was more than capable of looking after herself not that he cared or not.
Daniel Grayson
Daniel Grayson
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Haywood Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:51 pm

Aria just sat there quietly and did drink her firewhiskey basically slowly. She also did think how to solve this case there. Since basically she didn't had nothing else to do right now. She also wanted to solve this one but like she had said then there was nothing and no lead who that culprit was. She knew that they might asked few questions from that poisoned man family, so they could maybe get idea who that culprit could have been but she really wasn't yet sure what to ask. She just sighed.

Aria looked up from her drink, what she had began to stare already a while ago, when she heard Daniel slamming the table with his fist. She wasn't sure what was wrong now with him but she didn't ask either right now.

She just stared at him and wondered what was going on maybe it was because of case or even something else. Then she heard his words she was little bit shocked to hear it. She just nodded as he understood him clearly. She really wasn't sure what else to do. She of course can protect herself for sure.
Aria Haywood

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Grayson Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:14 am

The detective sat quietly, watching the two mysterious guys through the mirror behind the bar. He took notice of their faces, what they wore and any distinctive marking on them like tattoos or even scars. "God damn it," Daniel thought, clenching his fist so tightly under the table he almost made himself bleed. This could be fun and this could also be very dangerous either way they had to take them down before they do.

His eyes quickly shifted towards the mirror again and saw that both of them had stood up and pointed their wands at them. "Now!" he shouted to Aria and with a sleight of hand, he pulled out his wand. "Stupefy!" he boomed, flourishing his wand towards one of the intruders but, he missed. He turned to face Aria. "Behind the counter!" he shouted, shooting another spell at his target as he jumped over the counter and hid behind it. The pub was screaming now, loud with the sound of crashing tables and screaming of the crowds. Hopefully Aria was having better luck than him with her target. The last thing he wanted was to lose his partner on her first day, he was just starting to like her.
Daniel Grayson
Daniel Grayson
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Haywood Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:38 am

Aria did sit there quietly. She did take sometimes even few zips from her drink, so that everything will look just normal. She really wasn't sure what this mans did or wanted from here. So she yeah was a little bit scared there but she tried not so show it out.

When she heard Daniel saying 'now' then she did pull her wand out too and faced to the mans. She did send a spell towards them, it was stupefy too, it was only spell what did came in her mind right now and she thought it might be useful but she did miss it at first try. "Dammit," she mumbled there and did send few more spells towards him and the last one did hit the man but just in the case she did jump behind the counter. She wasn't sure how badly that man exactly got hurt. It was her real first fight with someone. That man had send spells towards him too but he did miss them all because Aria jumped out of way or then did bend down enough or sides so that spell missed. She was quite graceful.
Aria Haywood

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Grayson Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:46 am

Red and green light flew across the room, breaking window, table and chairs broken into a thousand pieces. Daniel quickly looked over the counter, to have a look at the enemy. He saw him hiding behind a table and quickly ducked when he saw that he threw a spell at him. Sitting down, he saw Aria beside him and couldn't help, but feel, happy. "Okay, she knows how to handle herself," he thought to himself. He could only imagine how terrible she felt because this was her first day. Daniel thought this was good training, but at the same time he felt sorry for her, it was probably not what she was hoping for, dying on her first day of work.

He sighed, shaking his head quietly. He needed to end this once and for all, he was an Auror for christ sake. It was up to him to save anybody from this strange, horrible man. Enough playing around. He jumped onto his feet, waved his wand and sent a spell towards him. "Avis!" he said, a group of flying bird flew from his wand. "Whats that going to do!" screamed the dark man. "Oh that? That just a distraction," grinned Daniel and pointed his wand again, a rope was seen flying out of his wand, tieing the man with a rope.
Daniel Grayson
Daniel Grayson
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Haywood Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:11 pm

Aria was oldest kid in her family and there was times when she had to protect her sister and brothers. She did learn how to fight, even if she didn't really like it. She needed to protect her and her siblings. She really did care about them much, they were a really close actually even yeah there was time when even they did fight and argue right grazy but they always did find a sulotion. She did take a deep breath and did also look over the counter.

She saw her opotent throwing spells towards her so she needed to put her head down again. She soon used some random spell do distracked her and it ended up being butterflies. "Seriously," she mumbled there and soon she used the same spell what Daniel had used, the robes. It was just a other spell what came in her mind right now. The man who she had to fight just had began to look at butterflies and even tried to catch one, what made her smile. So it was good time use that robe spell then. Now she was down on the floor looking at his partner.

OOC: Sorry i'm using a rope spell too. I had no idea what else could she use.
Aria Haywood

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Grayson Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:17 am

Two down, the fight was over. "Thank god," thought Daniel running over to two tied up men, grabbing one of them by the rope and pulled him up. Suddenly, he heard a woman scream and he looked up only to see a jet of white light flying towards him. He quickly jumped out of the way, the spell missing him completely. On the ground, he patted his body to make sure he wasn't missing anything. Maybe he lost a finger or a toe or something. Nope, he had everything, all eleven ten fingers and toes. He sighed with comfort, that was a close one, if he hadn't move like he did, he would surely be hurt or even worse dead. He then looked to Aria, she seemed fine, everything was okay.

"Don't let him get away!" shouted somebody pointing at one of the dark men who began to run away. He knew now, what the spell was for. He slapped himself silly on the head. "Of course it is!" he thought, getting up on his feet. He looked at Aria then at the other man and then back to her. "You stay here, I'll get him," he said. "Keep your eyes out," he told her, not wanting to put her into any more danger and with that he bolted off. Although, he didn't like the idea of leaving her on her own like that, but he had no choice.
Daniel Grayson
Daniel Grayson
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Haywood Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:36 pm

Aria did smile there and was glad that was over now. She walked out from the counter and began to walk towards the two men then too but first she looked if she was okay there. It seemed like she was okay for now. She saw that white light flying towards Daniel too and also saw him to miss it. She even heard the one woman scream before she saw the white light. She was glad that man didn't flied it towards her.

She even saw how dark man began to run away. She could have gone after her but before she could go she was told to stay here and it was better for her for sure. She nodded. "Okay, I'll stay and I'll keep my eyes out," she then told just in the case and walked towards that man. She just did point her wand at him just in the case if he tries to escape too. She didn't want to began to chase someone too. Soon she was near him. She did take his wand away from him to be sure that he doesn't try anything dangerous to do here again.
Aria Haywood

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top