Hopeless case (Jonathan)
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Hopeless case (Jonathan) Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Hopeless case (Jonathan)

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hopeless case (Jonathan) Empty Hopeless case (Jonathan)

Post by Sierra Logan Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:53 pm

Sierra Logan sat in the library with her face in a book> She was reading a muggle book called Twilight, and it sucked. She shook her head and wrinkled her nose in disgust before putting it back on the shelf. Honestly, the things muggles called literature astounded her. She then picked up another book called Divergent and began reading. This one was actually. So maybe not all Muggle authors were lost and hopeless like that Stephanie Meyers. She was so into her new book she didn’t notice someone standing above her until they blocked her light, “Excuse me, do you mind moving a little bit? You’re in my light. Thank you.”
Sierra Logan
Sierra Logan
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 179

Back to top Go down

Hopeless case (Jonathan) Empty Re: Hopeless case (Jonathan)

Post by Jonathan Rutger Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:15 pm

"Huh? Oh sorry..." Jonathan step aside quickly, not wanting to make the Slytherin girl even more enraged. He was just walking back so it's not like he was intending to disrupt her at all. Were all Slytherin like this or was it just his bad luck? He looked over the girl, speculating her but paused, noticing the book in her hands. It was that rather interesting muggle book, "Divergent" was it? He had thought the book to be quite interesting, besides the romance part. It bugged him how every good young adult book, whether it be from muggles or wizards, had to have a forced love plot to it as well.

Jonathan stood by the table silently, as if he had forgot what he was planning to do. He was currently doing the typical thing he often engaged in: thinking without necessarily speaking. His nerves wouldn't allow him to speak aloud so why not speak where he was most confident, his mind. "Nice book," he murmured softly.
Jonathan Rutger
Jonathan Rutger
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by Sierra Logan Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:40 pm

Sierra looked up and smiled at the boy. He appeared to be a Ravenclaw. "Yeah it is. I'm enjoying it so far. Have you rea it before?" She smiled and saved her spot in er book and set it down. "I love how Tris gives up everything to join the Dauntless. But I hate how she has to leave her family. And I really dont like this Jeanine Matthews. I have a feeling she is going to be a total B**** later." She blushed and realized she was rambling, "Sorry. I tend to ramble on alot." She rubbed the back of her neck and giggled nervously.
Sierra Logan
Sierra Logan
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Rutger Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:49 pm

"No, no, it's fine," he assured her. Jonathan took a seat in the chair across from her and have her a friendly smile. "Yeah, I've read it as well. It's alright for a muggle book. The Dauntless are very... Cool I guess? They remind me of some Gryffindors I've seen." Reckless, headstrong, and high determination seemed to be common traits between the two groups. Jonathan was never the reckless type though; he often favored brains or brawn. He hesitated slightly but finally held out his hand. "I'm Jonathan," he introduced himself. He founded pretty comforting that there was someone else who shared his interest in dystopian fiction.
Jonathan Rutger
Jonathan Rutger
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Sierra Logan Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:53 pm

"I'm Vanessa. And I dont know... the Dauntless remind me more of Slytherin with a mix of Gryffindor. Brave but reckless. Sly and cunning too. The Erudite are obviously Ravenclaw. And Abnegation and Amity are Hufflepuff. Candor could either be Slytherin or Ravenclaw. What do you think?" She asked with a small smile. She bit her lip and blushed lightly, she was talking alot. But that happened when she was nervous. "So, Jonathan. What year are you?" She did not recognize him from any of the sorting ceremonies she had attended, so she assumed he was older than her. But not by much by the looks of him. Maybe a 5th year or a 6th year at the most.
Sierra Logan
Sierra Logan
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Rutger Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:05 pm

"Makes sense," he agreed. "I could see your theory working well." Sierra seemed very absorbed as well for a Slytherin. It fascinated Jonathan, considering he never really got along too well with any of the other Slytherin wizards and witches. "I'm a fifth year. I usually come here to get some studying in for my up coming O.W.L.s." They weren't that far behind which made him unease. But Jonathan was a typically good student so he had a bit of confidence in himself. "I take you're a fourth year then? You don't seem much younger than me."
Jonathan Rutger
Jonathan Rutger
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Sierra Logan Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:10 pm

"Yeah, it does work well. Because its true." She said teasingly She stuck out her tongue and poked his side playfully. "O.W.L.s seem scary... Are they hard?" She twirled her hair around her finger and started chewing on an end piece before realizing she probably looked weird and spit it out. "Sorry... nervous habit. And yes, I'm a 4th year." She blushed and smiled. "So, what other muggle books have you read?" She asked curious if he enjoyed muggle Literature as much as she did. She lvoed reading about muggles and their adventures in danger and romance.
Sierra Logan
Sierra Logan
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Rutger Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:30 pm

Jonathan laughed lightly at her, shoving his hands into his robe's pockets. "I wouldn't call the O.W.L.s intimidating really," he said. "I guess it just all depends on what you want to do once you graduate. Either you try to pass all the O.W.L.s in your classes to be well rounded, or you just try to ace the ones you really care the most about so you get the career you most desire." At least that's how he saw things. Jonathan had been a really big fan of Defense Against the Dark Arts and wanted to be an Auror, so he saw no point in worrying himself to death over getting all high marks in each subject. He just decided to try to get fairly good marks in all but excel highly in his two strongest subjects. "Anyways... I haven't read many muggle novels lately, but I have just started this interesting one called the Hunger Games. Very Fascinating."
Jonathan Rutger
Jonathan Rutger
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Sierra Logan Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:35 pm

"Oh my god, I love the Hunger Games." She loved the blood and gore that the book describes and the love triangle it entails as well. "I dont like Gale though. Gale's a prat." She wrinkled her nose and shook her head, "Katniss could do so much better than him." When she read, she made the books come alive. "I picture these characters as actual people. They're my friends... Is that lame?" She blushed and rubbed the back of her neck nervously.
Sierra Logan
Sierra Logan
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Rutger Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:50 pm

"I wouldn't think you were lame." Sure he didn't picture fictional characters as necessarily his 'friends', but he did have sort of a connection with them. It's just that reader's strong bond with story that makes them wish for it to be real. But to go as far as thinking that the characters were some sort of realistic being such as a friend was just plain silly. Jonathan wouldn't admit that to Sierra though. "Everyone experiences a story in their own unique way," he explained. "Who am I to judge you?"
Jonathan Rutger
Jonathan Rutger
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top