Bertie's Diary - Page 3
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Bertie's Diary - Page 3 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Bertie's Diary

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bertie's Diary - Page 3 Empty Re: Bertie's Diary

Post by Bertie Nogard Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:21 pm

Monday 23rd June 2027

Word had soon gotten around about Henri Finch's return to Hogwarts. It appeared that everybody who didn't attend the party knew all the details about what happened. Naturally, as with all Hogwarts rumours, the truth was being stretched just a tad. In yhe common room I heard one girl mutter to her friend that Erika Dixon had hugged Henri. Hugged! 

It's a good job Erika didn't hug Henri or, well, I wouldn't have done anything there and then but I would certainly have voiced my thoughts about the whole thing at some point. Maybe I don't forgive easily, although I'm going to be careful not to cross her path and she hasn't done anything to me at all. 

The rest of the school seem to have fully accepted her apology. Perhaps the rumours that Erika and Henri danced the night away with each other isn't helping but you'd think some of them would have the sense to be a bit more cautious owing to her track record. Thankfully there is only one week left of school and with exams over there isn't much to do besides relax! 

I managed to find my favourite spot in the library today, the table by the large window that looks out towards the lake. It even has a view of the game keepers cabin, which I'd never noticed before. It was quiet refreshing to sit in an empty library (hardly anybody uses it no exams are over) and gaze out across the grounds. I'll certainly miss this place when I head back home for Summer. 

Mum has a holiday planned though judging by her recent letter so it should be fun. Plus I was thinking about trying to get a summer job, maybe in Flourish And Blotts! The only trouble with that would be getting to Diagon Alley everyday. I can't apparate. I'm not a keen flier and having a muggle fire place prevents access to the floo network. I'll have to ask Viv and see if she has a solution.

Bertie

Bertie Nogard
Bertie Nogard

Number of posts : 149

Back to top Go down

Post by Bertie Nogard Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:22 pm

Tuesday 24th June 2027

With no classes to attend, much like yesterday, I found myself writing for most of the day. The morning I had a lie, waking up at quarter to eleven, and by the time I had showered and dressed it was time for lunch. 

Taking a sandwich each Vivianna and I headed out into the grounds where we headed to the edge of the forest and simply talked, enjoying each others company - Viv sat up in a tree of course. I'm going to miss Viv over summer, that's a guarantee, but it dawned on me whilst I ate my baguette (chicken and cucumber) that next year will be Vivianna's last year at Hogwarts. It's sad. I'm hoping that she decides to stay, perhaps becoming a potions Professor. It'd be the perfect job for her. For one she loves potions, she'd get to continue research into her own potions after classes and I'd get to still see her everyday. Maybe that last point is a little bit about me but it really would be good for her - much better than staying at the wand shop. Maybe I'll suggest it to her?

After lunch with Viv I headed to the library, continued writing until I hit writers block before heading up to the Clock Tower. That's where I always go when my muse is low or if I'm stuck for ideas. It seemed to work, unsurprisingly, and I soon came up with an idea about a wizard travelling back in time to prevent something from happening. Of course I'd have to look into this, it's not really an original idea and for all I know it could be possible. I'll make use of the library before the end of term and do some research tomorrow, that's if I can't control myself and have a look tonight. Then again I don't like the idea of wandering around the castle at night so unless I greatly persuade myself chances are it will definitely be tomorrow! 

Bertie 

Bertie Nogard
Bertie Nogard

Back to top Go down

Post by Bertie Nogard Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:22 pm

Wednesday 25th June 2027

I couldn't wait until today to have a read about time travelling, although I really regret sneaking out to the library in the middle of the night. I didn't get caught by a Professor, which was a miracle and maybe if I had then this would be my last day to ever write in Hogwarts. You wouldn't think a secret sneak to the library could turn into such a fiasco but this trip did, most certainly making it onto the list of most-disasterous-trips-to-the-Hogwarts-library-in-history. 

There I was lay in bed trying to fight the urge to head off to the library. Usually I can distract myself from such an urge but tonight, for some unfortunate reason, I couldn't. So I clambered out of bed, quietly slipped on a jumper and jeans then headed out of the dormitory - lighting my wand to serve as a guide.

I was a little nervous about using lumos, the light would most certainly attract any patrolling teachers, but I'd rather get caught an have to explain myself then trip over and hit my head on the stone floor. Or worse. 

Thankfully I made it safely to the library, quietly tip toed past the librarian's desk and headed off in search of the 'time' section. I can't remember if I found it or night, that part of my memory is a little foggy owing to the distraction of the events that unravelled on my midnight journey. 

Casey Weasley, a second year Gryffindor, had also taken an interest in a night time trip to the library. However her intentions weren't to learn (as every trip to the library should be!) but to cause more chaos. As if her statement in The Entrance Hall hadn't been enough she decided to blow up the library. Literally. 

It all happened rather quick. One minute she was throwing a firework at me then the next no few than twenty fireworks had rocketed into the air exploding as they collided with the ceiling. Had her display of destruction been in the grounds I would have admired them, but being in a library in the middle of the night there was nothing admirable about them, especially not the overly-loud banging sound they emitted whenever they divided into smaller ones. 

Before I knew what was happening book shelves were tumbling left, right and centre and I found myself cramped in a shelf behind the librarians desk trying to let out a scream as I noticed a burn on my wrist from one of the fireworks. 

What made things worse was that both Professor Cooper and Professor Mist had arrived to investigate the source that had disturbed their Peaceful dreaming. Granted Professor Mist didn't appear helpful for all I could gather was that she was too distraught by the sight of burnt books and fallen shelves. 

Casey and I remained in our hiding place by the librarian's desk until the sound of the teachers voice drifted away, telling us that they'd headed deeper into the library. It was at that time the two of us made a break for it. 

There wasn't much to do from then but head off to bed - not before an argument with the Weasley girl about who was in the wrong. How she can blame me I have no idea, it was her with who packed the place out with fireworks? Not to mention the fact she gave me a nasty burn with one of the fireworks. I had wake early and whip up a burn bending paste so that nobody saw my wrist. The last thing I want is somebody suspecting I was involved in wrecking the library and snitching to the Headmistress. Professor Du Hunt is rather intimidating, guilty or not. 

Bertie   
Bertie Nogard
Bertie Nogard

Back to top Go down

Post by Bertie Nogard Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:24 pm

Thursday 26th June 2027

If I thought yesterday was bad for gossip about what happened to the library today was much worse. It could be that I was too worried to listen yesterday but either way the entire school is still buzzing about who destroyed the library. To some the culprit is a hero, at least that's what one Slytherin first year said in the boys toilets earlier, but up in Ravenclaw Tower it's a different story.

One group of second years have made a pact to hunt down the person responsible and 'seek justice'. They even started interrogating everyone in the common room, at which point I retreated once again to the clock tower. It was rare anyone went up there and it gave me a chance to go over my story if accused or ambushed by a Professor. 

There is nothing that I could do but tell the truth, I'm a horrible liar. Besides I had nothing to do with the crime Casey carried out. Sure I was at the scene of the crime but that didn't mean I played a part in what happened. Telling the truth would keep me at Hogwarts and keep me honest, the worst that would happen is that I'd perhaps be given a detention to serve in the upcoming school year or I'd be the one to have Casey Weasley expelled. 

I hadn't figure out how to avoid that, the inevitable. Then again if something is inevitable is it ever avoidable? I could hardly refuse to tell a Professor who I witnessed wreck havoc in the library without being cast as a liar. But getting Casey Weasley expelled wouldn't do me justice, I wouldn't be surprised if it turned the entire school again me. She'd quite well liked. Hopefully it won't come to that and if it does, well, I'll have Viv for another year to help me through it... Why did this have to happen?! Thank Merlin I'm catching the Hogwarts Express home tomorrow! 

Bertie Nogard
Bertie Nogard

Back to top Go down

Post by Bertie Nogard Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:25 pm

Friday 27th June 2027

I'm home. After a heavy breakfast and a final check of the dormitory I found myself on the Hogwarts Express back to Kings Cross. I'm never a fan of the travelling too and from Hogwarts, it wasn't so bad after Christmas when Professor Cooper collected me and had me side-along apparate with her (not that it was enjoyable) but travelling from one end of the country to the other on a train is hardly a treat.

Of course I had Erika to talk to and pass some of the time with. Vivianna and I had a few games of exploding snap and just after lunch I went for a wander further up, seeing if I could find anybody I knew in some compartments. 

The rest of the boys in my dorm were engrossed in conversation about Henri Finch, deciding who would be allowed to ask her out first. I still can't believe people have given her forgiveness so swiftly, you'd think they'd be a little more cautious? Thankfully I wasn't forced to endure their debating as I'm not the best of friends with them - we get on, but no more than that.

In the end I decided to return to the compartment with Vivianna. Ideally I would never have left for her company was too enjoyable. But my legs needed a stretch and a part of me felt as though her and Reid Dixon would like time alone. I haven't delved into asking details about their relationship but he seems to make Vivianna, which is good enough for me.

It was nice to be back home. I was allowed to simply dump my belongings down in the hallway not having any desire to unpack tonight (it can wait until tomorrow). Instead I had a lovely home made lasange and a walk along the beach with my Grandma. I'd sure missed Devon, it certainly is a pleasant change from the Scottish Highland winds. 

Bertie 
Bertie Nogard
Bertie Nogard

Back to top Go down

Post by Bertie Nogard Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:30 pm

Wednesday 2nd July 2027

It's weird being back home. Not being able to use the library, nor having any of my friends around. Yet at the same time I've fell so easily back into my life at home. I wake up about ten o clock, write for a while, walk round to my Grandma's, perhaps go for a stroll by the beach, then spend time in the evening at home.

However my writing seems to have hit a brick wall. I'm thinking of ideas, but they're nothing special. I feel as though my writing isn't maturing as I am, that there is pieces missing from what I hope to achieve. I think I know why. It lacks realism. All the more older-writing I am working on doesn't feel real, it seems conjured, a fantasy. How will the audience relate? Not that I'm writing for an audience but one day I hope to and perhaps starting now isn't the worst idea.

The thought of finding a job seems more and more attractive. Not for the money - I wouldn't spend it on anything anyway - just to get more life experience and find myself interacting with more people from different works of life. Finding out their stories, whatever short snippets I capture in a conversation as I sell one thing or another.

There is a job vacancy at Flourish and Blotts. I've spoken to my Mum about it, about how I would get there, and she said that my Uncle could try and set my Grandma's fireplace up to the Leaky Cauldron. It's a muggle fireplace so it would needed approving by the department of magical transportation but it is an grand open fireplace as opposed to the fake marble one we have. It could be the solution.

He's going to pop in on the department tomorrow when he is at work. In the mean time that gives me the chance to write out my application and make it the best it can be! Fingers crossed all goes well!

Bertie
Bertie Nogard
Bertie Nogard

Back to top Go down

Post by Bertie Nogard Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:33 pm

Thursday 3rd July 2027

It's a go ahead! It took a little persuading of the ministry but once they noticed that I have no criminal record, no track record at Hogwarts they were easily convinced and once they'd spoken to my head of house they seemed happy to link my Grandma's fireplace on the condition I get the job.

Of course I'm over the moon but now the pressure is on! My Uncle dropped by to tell us the news just after dinner this evening and he's going to hand my application into Flourish and Blotts tomorrow before work. It could be a week or so before I hear back but at least it's a step. It's progress!

I'll be going to sleep with an optimistic smile on my face tonight. One again: fingers crossed!

Bertie
Bertie Nogard
Bertie Nogard

Back to top Go down

Post by Bertie Nogard Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:59 pm

Friday 18th July 2027

I haven't wrote much lately. Work at Flourish and Blotts is really fun! It's been quite quiet lately, the manager said this is always the case at the start of Summer but I should expect it to get progressively busier when the Hogwarts set book lists are sent out! Most of the time I find myself talking to customers about books and recommending certain ones to read.

The other day I even had the chance to speak to an author who had come in regarding his recently published book. It was such an eye opener as we got to talk all about the industry and what I could do. The next day I even received a free copy of his new book with a little note inside. It didn't say much but a simple sentence can speak volumes.

Bertie,
Never give up. Never let anybody put you down. Believe in yourself.
Florence

Vivianna is working every day at the wand shop so I get to see her every lunch, which is fun. I thought I'd miss Hogwarts as I usually do but I haven't. I'm still in touch with the magical world, I still get to read books on magical theory and I still get to see Vivianna almost everyday. What more could I need?

Bertie
Bertie Nogard
Bertie Nogard

Back to top Go down

Post by Bertie Nogard Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:07 pm

Along the seam of the diary now lies a jagged line where paper once used to live happily. The paper was torn from the diary in a midst of fear, confusion, anger and pain. The lost sheet now lies in a landfill site somewhere in the South West of England and bears the following words:

Friday 18th August 2027

Today I witnessed something hor

The diary entry Bertie had started was never finished. The pain, the horror, the images running through Bertie's mind were enough to paralyse the Ravenclaw's penmanship. There were thousands, millions of words Bertie could have wrote about the something that happened on the eighteenth of August but none could escape his mind. To write them down would mean reliving the scene, not that he wasn't doing that anyway, but what if somebody found the diary? What if word spread about what Bertie had witnessed? If that happened then, well, there would probably be no more diary entries.
Bertie Nogard
Bertie Nogard

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top